LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM UNITED - Wed 5th march 08. k/o 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:38 am

peewee wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
peewee wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I don't see how it can be considered a wingless formation?

Four at the back, two deep lying midfielders, Gerrard in the centre at the top of the triangle, Babel on the left, Kuyt on the right and Torres up top.

maybe the point is neither kuyt or babel are wingers

They assume the role, even if they're not conventional wingers.

if i get in the ring with tyson i am assuming the role of a boxer but i am still going to get a spanking

The formation utilises wingers even if the two operating there aren't conventional wingers, i.e. the formation is not wingless.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:But you don't drop a player when they've just scored. That's everyone's gripe with Crouch, he was getting dropped when he scored to be replaced with Kuyt who wasn't scoring.

I don't think you've a very valid argument here at all. Aurelio's main job on the pitch is to defend and support the winger. It's not to score a goal. If he scores, great. But even the worst player can score a goal from time to time. Aurelio is just a player in one of those positions that Rafa can afford to rotate without being held liable for if someone has a stinker.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:28 am

Good win again, nice to see Torres eadge closer to the 20 mark for league goals.

I just checked out the league table on the EPL site, and its still not updated.... (guy doing the updating must be an Toffee)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:46 am

Great little result, could have been a hangover slip up after all hard work done away at Bolton.
Definately good to see Torres heading for 20 league goals and Robbie status
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:07 am

Another good performance and vital win.
Torres is more than perfect!
Please keep the momentum running.

On the 92nd minute, the two commentators on the stream I watched had a little conversation like this:
One asked why the ref hadn't blow the final whistle yet, the other replied maybe he hadn't seen enough of Liverpool's beautifully flowing football and wanted to enjoy a little bit more :D
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:03 am

Anybody got a link to the goals from last night ? Sorry if it's already here in the thread - up to my goolies at work and don't have time to search...
Muchos gracias
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GLB1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:05 am

Good result with some moments of great football.

Torres definitely the real deal....
Babel looking to be world class next year.
Gerrard looking happy with his role in a 4-2-3-1
Masha looking good though shoots like momo
Carra thinks he is a striker hahaha still a champion
Alonso looking a bit off the mark at times but with a lump on his head can be excused....

To sum up the season... a bit disappointing we aren't challenging but we are still in with a shout for fourth spot and look strong in the race for big ears.... still looking hmmm  ok..  still have more hope than we have had in previous years under other managers!

There will always people who focus on the negatives as it is always  the easiest path to say I told you so....   
When you walk, Through a storm, hold you head up high !!!!
Memo to all the negative half glass empty wanna be told you so supporters!!!  Hold your head high ppl !!!!!

The fact that we are ALL disappointed we didn't challenge for the title this year says it all !! We had all hoped this year that we could be number one. We had hope from what we had seen in the last 3 years. From what people are saying you would think we are fighting for relegation (heaven forbid)

Just like when we win 4-0 and some ppl still need to put it into perspective our negatives lets focus on the fact that the disappointment stems from the fact that the hope is there from the triumphs we have had in recent years.

Walk on with HOPE in your heart people !!!!!!
GLB1

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Very happy with the win, but is it any coincidence that as soon as Rafa stops p1ssing around with the formation and teamsheet that we start to play well, I don't think so, I just hope he has finally got the bloody message!
Excellent win though, another 3 points against Newcastle and we are looking good, we still have Manure and Arsenal away though but it's about time we beat Manure in the league  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby Big Niall » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Great result.

He does seem to have stopped rotating and hopefully this team will play every game for the rest of the season. If it means missing out in CL then so be it, we must finish 4th and going away to all 3 above us will be tough.

Dead level with the bitters with just 10 games to go, it will be close.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I think we'll pull away now.

Looking at the fixture list, I think we're big favourites in 8 of our 10 remaining matches, whereas I don't see Everton winning more than 6 of theirs. We just need to make sure we keep the wins coming - it's totally in our hands to get 4th now.

Interestingly, Chelsea have a tricky-looking run in, and I can see a lot of dropped points coming up. I honestly don't think 3rd is beyond us.
ivor_the_injun

Postby bigxchris » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Was that Pako on the pitch last night at the end of he game?
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Dundalk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:57 pm

No
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:03 pm

"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby ribenaboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:12 pm

rafa finally gets it, no big changes to the team = winning with a team in good form
i got a feeling he will rest some players next game, but i hope not
ribenaboy

Postby Judge » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:06 pm

woohoo...............successful thread :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion