MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 23rd march  ko 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:20 pm

We should stick to the same formation that's been serving us so well .If we find that it's not working so well against the mancs , we can easily change to a 4-4-2 and see what happens . At the moment i'm all for sticking with what works. For those who say it's only worked against the lesser sides ,the simple answer is inter milan twice.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 pm

Go out and attack. If we sit back they'll beat us. We have to try and win, and with Torres in this rich vain of form any side is beatable. 2-0 Liverpool and we won't see Ronaldo do anything because he bottles it against the better sides.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:57 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Go out and attack. If we sit back they'll beat us. We have to try and win, and with Torres in this rich vain of form any side is beatable. 2-0 Liverpool and we won't see Ronaldo do anything because he bottles it against the better sides.

Exactly, I want to see us go for it right from the start.  If we play cautiously we will get beat, there's no doubt about it.  It's all or nothing for me.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:05 pm

First time in ages I genuinely think we can do well here. Only thing that worries me is carelessness in front of goal. Hopefully the vast majority of any chances we get fall to Torres or Gerrard and we put a couple away. Optimistic i know, but win here and ar$e/chavs draw, then a few more eyes'll be openin next sundy evenin. Las price I saw for us was 100/1.......that'll change if we beat the mancs for sure...

Formation wise I'd go with what we're playin to start with, and have the option of 4-4-2 should we need it. Reina's in awesome form, no keeper in the world would'v stopped that shot satdy, so it's lookin good from the back movin forwards. Defence jus kept out the apparent heirs to the European throne twice. Alonso's startin to put things together again, even if it aint quite what we know he can do. Babel.... i aint over-struck but time on the pitch is helpin him. I'd keep Kuyt as we need players prepared to bust a gut for this one, and then Mascherano, Gerrard and talisman Torres speak for themselves.

Yes, next sundy could be good for any number of reasons, jus hope a Liverpool victory is among those reasons.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby john1992 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:15 pm

i rele hope we win this game, cant wait for it and i think if we go out with our winning heads on it is winning we will be doing.

if we go out and let them have most of the ball they will :censored: on us from a great hight but im going 2-1 liverpool gerrard, torres and old greasy will knock a late one in for manure
john1992

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 pm

I am not a Crouch fan, but if we go with a 442 i would feel comfortable with him playing as forward, especially against a top three team.  (He always seems to score against a good team). 

I'm thinking 2-1 Lpool.  Rooney in the first, Torres after half, Gerrard near the end.
SupitsJonF

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:29 pm

These c*nts have so much luck, that it's not worth predicting. Who scores for them? Yep. It's greasy bollox. Keep him quiet and we're good. Now, all we have to worry about is deflections, rub of the green, and John O'Gay. We don't need Rafa; we need a physicist to work out all these variables.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:These c*nts have so much luck, that it's not worth predicting. Who scores for them? Yep. It's greasy bollox. Keep him quiet and we're good. Now, all we have to worry about is deflections, rub of the green, and John O'Gay. We don't need Rafa; we need a physicist to work out all these variables.

In fairness Emerald, I think the luck has unfortunately evened out over the last few years.  Undoubtedly they've had the luck in the last few years with Ferdinand's last minute winner when we were all over them and Tevez's winner at Anfield, but before that there were a few games when we were completely outplayed only for Danny Murphy to dig us out of the sh.it.

I think it's about time for these games to start swinging our way again though.

As for Ronaldo, I may be tempting fate, but he's never had a great game against us, and neither has Rooney (although I can remember one lucky goal in particular that Dudek assisted him with).  These games can go either way and United do have home advantage, but with Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano playing the way they are we have a good chance of upsetting the odds in this one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:03 pm

Turns out im going paintballing the same time as this match is on,has had me swearing for the past couple of hours, at least ill be able to shoot some utd fans
Anyway, stick to the formation, my team would be

Reina
Finnan/Arbeloa  Carra   Skrtel  Arbeloa/Aurelio
             Mash        Alonso
Kuyt             Gerrard           Babel
                   Torres

2-0. Torres and... Skrtel
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby RedBlood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:13 am

this is a massive game not just for bragging rights....if we can win not only can we take 3points off utd we will gain 3points and with arsenal dropping points lately we COULD be back with a chance in the leauge (slight chance but better then no chance)...
if it was against anyone else i would be predicting a win but lately no matter how well we play against them they seem to get a 1-0 win.....i really do hope this changes but im not confident it will and very very rarely am i not 100% confident in our team

all i know is im watching the game in a bar in mexico because they have sky, and if we win ill be getting carried out there with a half empty bottle of tequilla in my hand and one big fat juicy smile on my face

come on lads  :buttrock
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:56 am

This is a huge game and because of the fact that we will have a week rest and a full week until our next match we need to go all out, balls to the wall. We need to attack hard
skatesy

Postby Kewell2Dominate » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 am

All this chat about greaseball never playing well against us and bottling it against the big teams makes me nervous. He really is a player that can win a game by himself. He is just one of those players that makes you nervous when you play him. Ddin't realise GH knocked back a chance to sign him when he was younger. As for the score i guess 1-1. Stevie and Tevez
Kewell2Dominate

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:15 am

Toughie this one.

One thing I do think, Ronaldo is going to have a whale of a time against Aurelio if he is selected. He'll have a good time too against Riise, but Riise is more experianced than the Brazillian and should no what to expect. Riise is more solid at LB and is stronger in the tackle, I honestly would opt for him over Aurelio as I dont think the Brazillian is up to the task defensively.

Apart from that I'd stick with the same team we've used of late, and hopefully we can nick three points from the theatre of queens. I think the back four and Mascha and Alonso are well matched up to their attacking threat, if we can subdue them and smother their play going foward I'm hopeful that Babel, Gerrard or Torres will do something for us up the other end.

Its perfectly poised, Rafa needs to break his duck ... 1-0 to the Reds. :cool:
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:24 am

Reina
Arbeloa                            Carra                        Skrtel                           Riise

Alonso                      Masch
Kuyt                                                                                                 Babel

Gerrard

Torres

I'd want riise to play as clearly he's better then aurelio and last time he played against the mancs earliar this season , he did not give ronaldo the time he wanted on the ball. We need kuyt as he's better as a winger and someone to run back and track , evra is pacey and kuyt is fit enough to take him . Although i'm not happy using the 4-2-3-1 formation in this game as torres will get isolated i think , never change anything when we are winning . I'm going for a 2-0 victory for us with the mancs getting a red card . Kuyt and torres :D

Who's greaseball btw?
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 am

C. Ronaldo is the greaseball.

Albeit he is a little less of a greasball than he was a couple seasons back.
skatesy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion