As we slag off those money-grabbing :censored:
who trespass against us

And lead us not into the UEFA cup
But deliver us from the bitters

Amen  :D :D

boss. absoloutely boss.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:36 am

Effes wrote:Kuyt's first touch let him down (again) a few times as well.  :p

Created the second goal, helped with the first.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:38 am

LFC2007 wrote:

Pennant crossed the ball in for the first against Inter and laid the ball back for Gerrard for the second against Inter...yet still came in for criticism.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:42 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Pennant crossed the ball in for the first against Inter and laid the ball back for Gerrard for the second against Inter...yet still came in for criticism.

It's a damn shame.
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:44 am

LFC2007 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

It's a damn shame.

It is a shame when players come in for criticism after doing what people want.

I remember Kuyt being criticised on here FOR SCORING against Barnsley.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:52 am

another relegation threatened team beaten by the mighty reds, lets start doing it consistently against the top teams now and we may even get fourth place.

not wanting to sound like a sourpuss but whatever we do in the league for the rest of this season is pretty pointless apart from battling for fourth with teams full of no-marks. I am amazed that some people are happy with this situation and glow about beating bolton and west ham who are battling to stay in the top flight. these games should just be gimme's
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:57 am

peewee wrote:another relegation threatened team beaten by the mighty reds, lets start doing it consistently against the top teams now and we may even get fourth place.

not wanting to sound like a sourpuss but whatever we do in the league for the rest of this season is pretty pointless apart from battling for fourth with teams full of no-marks. I am amazed that some people are happy with this situation and glow about beating bolton and west ham who are battling to stay in the top flight. these games should just be gimme's

But these teams are good teams, havent united lost to lower placed teams this season?

I wouldnt say what we do in the league from now on is pointless, 4th place offers a lot more cash than 5th.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:58 am

peewee wrote:another relegation threatened team beaten by the mighty reds, lets start doing it consistently against the top teams now and we may even get fourth place.

No game in the premiership is a gimme. the reason we are happy:

the game in hand has been won, we're 4th, 5 behind cheatski

rafa is seeing sense and playing the same team

torres scores ANOTHER hat trick

theres a fair bit to be happy about mate. another clean sheet, another 4 goals scored, another 3 points. glass cant be half empty all the time. we deserve to be happy with a good result and more importantly some good team play. anyone who isnt happy is just... a meanie  :kungfu:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 am

peewee, mostly I agree with you, but because of your disappointment on the season you're losing your mind a fair bit.

West Ham are 10th on 40 points, that's hardly fighting for relegation. As for being happy, I think people are more relieved than happy with the current form of the lads. 4 straight wins, even you must see that as positive. I, don't particuarlly like Benitez but I won't complain about any victory. No matter who it's against, or who scored or how we played. 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:00 am

Kharhaz wrote:

But these teams are good teams, havent united lost to lower placed teams this season?

I wouldnt say what we do in the league from now on is pointless, 4th place offers a lot more cash than 5th.

have utd lost to lower placed teams this season? yes

are utd still in with a very good shout of winning the title? yes

nuff said mate, this season has been a disaster yet again in the league, when are people going to wake up and realise that the excuses are only going to wash for a certain length of time.

this team beat us a few weeks ago, thats embarrassing   :no
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:01 am

peewee, mostly I agree with you, but because of your disappointment on the season you're losing your mind a fair bit.

He lost it a while ago  :D
LFC2007

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:03 am

West Ham are 10th on 40 points, that's hardly fighting for relegation. As for being happy, I think people are more relieved than happy with the current form of the lads. 4 straight wins, even you must see that as positive. I, don't particuarlly like Benitez but I won't complain about any victory. No matter who it's against, or who scored or how we played. 3 points is 3 points at the end of the day.

i am not complaining about the victory mate, i am happy we won, but i just want to put some perspective on it, it doesn't really matter if we go unbeaten for the rest of the season in the league, we have already blown the league and next season our glorious leader will take us down exactly the same road as his previous four seasons
112-1077774096

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:03 am

dawson99 wrote:rafa is seeing sense and playing the same team

Hang on a minute there daws, the same team? He still couldn't help himself and made two changes. He swapped our best defender of the season (Hyypia) and a fella who has just scored (Aurellio)

Now when I don't see Aurellio's name on the team sheet most weeks I'm happy, but after he's just scored, his confidence must be sky high so pick him. This is where Benitez falters IMO he drops/rests/rotates whatever you want to call it, players who are on form. I'll be surprised if Arebloa plays at the weekend because he was outstanding tonight. Skrtel will no doubt be dropped and Alonso who's regaining some of his best form won't even make the squad for Newcastle.

So keeping the same team is a little extreme.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:07 am

peewee wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

have utd lost to lower placed teams this season? yes

are utd still in with a very good shout of winning the title? yes

nuff said mate, this season has been a disaster yet again in the league, when are people going to wake up and realise that the excuses are only going to wash for a certain length of time.

this team beat us a few weeks ago, thats embarrassing   :no

Your right of course, league wise this season has been appalling but as a supporter we cant do anything but support the team. Were battling for fourth place, nowhere near good enough, but we do have a champs league to look forward to. And hopefully, should rafa be here next season it may just sink in that rotation isnt the answer. As dismal as this season so far has been, there is still more to look forward to.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:07 am

peewee wrote:

i am not complaining about the victory mate, i am happy we won, but i just want to put some perspective on it, it doesn't really matter if we go unbeaten for the rest of the season in the league, we have already blown the league and next season our glorious leader will take us down exactly the same road as his previous four seasons

We're only twelve points off Arsenal though. Keep this rich vain of form up, who's to say we don't put a kick in and make a charge. Going out of Europe would help with this obviously and although I don't see it happening I along with the rest of us, must keep faith and think that 12 points isn't unamendable.

Considering at the start of Feburary we were nearer 25 points behind, it shows improvement. But I agree that Benitez will not take us to the league title, this year, next year or for the next 50 years.

That's my head talking, my heart still says it is possible.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion