LIVERPOOL  V  WEST HAM UNITED - FA CUP FINAL Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:33 pm

With 2 weeks left before the trek to Cardiff starts,this is the place to post anything to do with the final preparations.
i.e team selection
hotel accomodation
pubs and clubs
for existing members you can ask for or offer tickets to other members,but not for inflated prices.
Any new members who specifically log in and try and do ticket deals will have their posts deleted.This is a no tout zone.
Hotel accomodation is going fast so book early...remember every hotel room sleeps 12 
  :eyebrow
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:46 pm

Id like to know what people are doing after the game. i got train ticket booked for 730 but obviously when we win id like to stay out. was thinking of popping up to liverpool but if enough of us stay in cardiff id be up for that :;):
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SoppMeister » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:22 pm

I for one will be watching it at home. Still good though, the TV build up to the FA Cup Final is always great, it'll be that little bit better this year though, what with us being in the final and all. Nobody can say we don't deserve this cup. We got a load of :censored: thrown at us from the likes of Chelsea and Manure fans last year saying we were lucky. We certainly had the hardest route of all this time round...not that it mattered. I just hope we don't get too complaicent for the final though.
SoppMeister

Postby anti-hero » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:05 am

I expect West Ham to come out guns blazing.

This will definately NOT be an easy match. They would probably play this game like it was the last of their lives and I know some of you may think the same. They are the definition of a team bordering mid-table obscuity aside from the fact that they are in the FA Cup Final. They have everything to play for and nothing to lose while we on the other hand, have the matter of 2nd place to attend to.

West Ham will certainly give us a very hard time though I'm hoping, our class will seep through.

Hopefully. :D

2-1 to Liverpool.

Ole!
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:07 am

West Ham is a bit like Fullham in a way that they can play good football. Reo-Cocker has been outstanding for them throughout the season, as far as I can tell by my very limited observations of West Ham.

Thay'd be really fired-up and it won't be an easy game. They also have players who can cause damage like Ashton and Harewood, apart from their inspirational young captain, Reo-Cocker.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Tue May 02, 2006 3:55 pm

Dont suppose anyones got a spare ticket knocking round, cant get one for sh.it.

on the game itself i think if we play as good as we can we will tw.at these but we have to be careful cos they do have some decent players and harewood is a meathead :D Cant see us being beaten though unless we have a really bad day of it. I have a sneaky feeling that stevie may pop up with a goal, hes in great form and hes scored in quite a few finals for liverpool, 3 or so i think.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby farmer_gerrard » Wed May 03, 2006 8:58 pm

i think we will beat them i think there is no doubt in that we beat them when we had a like second string team out ...well as good as lol i think we will win !!!!! :D
farmer_gerrard

Postby GOAT » Wed May 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Well we beatt hem 2-1 with our 2nd string out the other week so that shows we have nothing to fear, but they will be a lot better in the final and we cant sit back and expect to win. If we play to our best then we should win easily
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby anti-hero » Thu May 04, 2006 6:58 am

But you forget they played a makeshift team.

So did we, but I think we won it cause we just have more depth.

West Ham with their strongest eleven will be a different story.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bakes40 » Thu May 04, 2006 5:06 pm

i could not go the birmingham game due to a funeral, so no ticket for me, any one got a spare for a genuine fan. cheers lads.
bakes40

Postby Mark 23 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:14 pm

I think the two lads they have upfront look like hardwork, but I think we will slam them in the middle of the park and that will be where the damage is done.  That will choke the supply to the front men.
    I think Carra and Hyypia will have them well under control, Momo will break up the attack and allow Alonso to control the game.  Gerrard will be terrorising them, and Cisse will have a field day as it will his farewell game, loads of space and the chance of making the national squad.  I don't think West Ham will be a push over but they will be up for it and will go in all guns blazing, momo will take care of that.  The one thing we don't want to is lower ourselves to their level.  At times this season,  Portsmouth and Luton in the cup stand out, we seem to have just got involved in hoofing the ball around and playing school boy stuff at times.  I thought Hamman would have been better in these games as he is ideal for calming things down.

I fancy us to win 3-0, Cisse, Crouch and Gerrard.

I'm interested to see how Rafa will approach this game in terms of the team he plays and the mentality.
Mark 23

Postby Rimetto » Fri May 05, 2006 11:29 am

Does anyone know if Garcia and Mullins are going to be let off from their bans to play?

Liverpool 3 ( Crouch,Stevie,GOD) V West Ham 1 (Ashton)
Rimetto
LFC Elite Member

Postby kopite_1232002 » Fri May 05, 2006 2:35 pm

garcia cant play nither can the other fella and for ur 3-1 prediction, god cant score because he is cup tied
kopite_1232002

Postby 72-1146193975 » Fri May 05, 2006 2:52 pm

another 7-0 romp ???  :buttrock
72-1146193975

Postby alessandromagno » Fri May 05, 2006 4:21 pm

We should win, but need to be careful. I'm sure everyone still remembers what happened against Wimbledon. I'd give West Ham more chance than I'd have given the Wombles before that game. There is also the terrible memory of losing at home to Arsenal by 2-0 in the last game of the season and being deprived of the championship on goal difference.

Liverpool to win comfortably as long as they don't take victory for granted.:D
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion