Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
Bammo wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:MASCHERANO DID NOTHING WRONG, NOTHING, IT IS NOT A FOOTBALLING CRIME TO SPEAK TO THE REF, HE DID NOT SWEAR OR TOUCH THE REF

Nothing, mate?  So, it's a perfectly acceptable move for a player on a yellow to run 20 yards over to a ref with a rep like 'Book-em Bennett' to argue the toss after said ref has just written up a teammate for dissent on the basis of a few words and a hand gesture?  It's okay that he'll miss the derby now or that not leaving the field means he might miss the Arsenal and Blackburn matches as well?  The sending off was definitely harsh, mate, but to suggest that he did nothing wrong is going too far, IMO.

I have know idea whether Macherano knew of Bennets reputation. The fact is there is nothing wrong, nothing in the rule books, that precludes a player from asking the referee why a team mate has been booked, whether they walk over from 2 yds or 20. The referee is in charge, so if a player requires information on the game, he is well within his rights to ask any question, as long as he is polite (mascherano was) and not aggressive (again he wasn't).

Am i correct now that some supporters want our team to bend over each time we are given a bad decision? do we want our players to continue in the generally meek way we go about disputing referee calls, while our competitors continue to assert themselves and gain the advantage?

He did nothing wrong, simple. (well not until he was sent off, and even that i can understand).

Nothing wrong? Have you seen the footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQSmkB5XWg

According to the laws of the game a player may be cautioned if he:

1. is guilty of unsporting behaviour
2. shows dissent by word or action

among other things. It's quite understandable for Bennett to feel that a player repeatedly telling him to fuck off and question his decisions constitutes dissent or unsporting behaviour.

His sending off may be harsh but there are people on here who need to learn the laws of the game. Fair enough, complain about the inconsistency (Gerrard/Ronaldo swearing, Ronaldo diving but no bookings) but don't act like Masch did nothing wrong.

He did not swear at the referee when he was sent off. He did nothing that was out of the ordinary, and to this day, i have not seen a player sent off or yellowed for saying ' Why? what was that for ref? why?' What he did does not constitute dissent, and did not warrant a yellow card, had it, then there would be 20 yellows in each game.

Therefore he did nothing wrong, especially in terms of the way the LAWS of the game are normally dispensed.

Watch it yourself, the card was being written before he'd said two words, and a montage of him saying Fck off during a game, cut in with pictures of the ref, does not mean it was directed at the ref, there were 11 mancs to say that to.

what a blinkered and stupid view you have. If Mascha's protest was so innocent then why did Alonso try and pull him away from the ref, answer me that one genius.

Mascha is the disgrace, he let down his team mates and all us supporters by not controlling his emotions.

I just hope that all ref's start being consistent about not tolerating dissent becuase it's been going on too long, they should clamp down on the swearing as well although Sky seem to love zooming in on players at the exact moment they are swearing!

You're not a fan of Liverpool. That's the only explanation for your constant anti-Liverpool drivel.

Mascherano did NOT deserve to be sent off. He simply asked why Torres had been carded. Then that ropey slaphead c*nt showed him a red.

It was AFTER this that Mascher quite rightly got angry and followed the coward around the pitch.

You live in some dreamland where no-one swears, no-one gets angry, and everyone kisses the a*se of an incompetent, inconsistent referee.

Steve Bennett and his childish, petulant, cowardly reaction to having his ridiculous decisions questioned is to blame - not Mascher.

I didn't realise I was talking to you Lando, thanks for that contribution now go and put your rose tinted goggles back on and shove your head in the sand again please.
heimdall

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:19 pm

Time for bed said zebadee, this thread has lost its charm.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:37 pm

mods pls lock this thread soon as there gonna be world war 3 with basically hemidall vs lando and rest :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Yeah this thread needs some locking, the Mascherano incident has been done to death.  We've got to move on.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:40 pm

no leave it open ya nazi :censored:s :D

masch was sent off because of what happened at the spurs game, simple as, bennett was the forth official that night so he was going to make a point in the next game he was ref, there were plenty more incidents in that game that deserved yellow but he didnt produce, why because the point was made,  i would bet you my wage this week that had it been 7 days earlier he would not of been sent off.

what kind of game are we going to have left in 10 years time if we keep going down this road. fook me liverpool manure games and even derby games these days are fooking :censored: and not a patch on the games of yesteryear, fooking sky and there camera`s at every games, im surprised your still allowed to spit.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:46 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Gerrard - Needs more bottle in hostle stadiums ala Woodison & Old toilet.

Istanbul against Milan.......Cardiff against West ham......

Not too sure the guy bottled it there. And I'd put that Milan team on a par (at least) with fergusons knobhe@ds any day.

Your opnion, you're welcome to it and I wont try to change your mind, but SG has rescued this team single handed too many times to slag him for his performance against teams that somehow get officials 'on their side' regardless of where they play, but certainly at the theatre of queens.

As for against everton, he jus (for me anyway) tries too hard and becomes ineffective that way as opposed to hidin. Hence Rafa subbin him for some1 to 'play with their head, not their heart'.

No offence, as I say you're welcome to your opinion.

I'm talking about arch rivals, in there own back yard where he is probably taking some stick, about his kid and what not.

Like I said he can turn on against the 17 league teams, he goes for the jugular, the bloke oozees confidence . West Ham, FA cup final. Perfect example.

A great atmosphere, not one where he is getting totally slaughtered by West Ham gans as in the case usually with Man U or Everton.
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:57 pm

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
heimdall wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
Bammo wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:MASCHERANO DID NOTHING WRONG, NOTHING, IT IS NOT A FOOTBALLING CRIME TO SPEAK TO THE REF, HE DID NOT SWEAR OR TOUCH THE REF

Nothing, mate?  So, it's a perfectly acceptable move for a player on a yellow to run 20 yards over to a ref with a rep like 'Book-em Bennett' to argue the toss after said ref has just written up a teammate for dissent on the basis of a few words and a hand gesture?  It's okay that he'll miss the derby now or that not leaving the field means he might miss the Arsenal and Blackburn matches as well?  The sending off was definitely harsh, mate, but to suggest that he did nothing wrong is going too far, IMO.

I have know idea whether Macherano knew of Bennets reputation. The fact is there is nothing wrong, nothing in the rule books, that precludes a player from asking the referee why a team mate has been booked, whether they walk over from 2 yds or 20. The referee is in charge, so if a player requires information on the game, he is well within his rights to ask any question, as long as he is polite (mascherano was) and not aggressive (again he wasn't).

Am i correct now that some supporters want our team to bend over each time we are given a bad decision? do we want our players to continue in the generally meek way we go about disputing referee calls, while our competitors continue to assert themselves and gain the advantage?

He did nothing wrong, simple. (well not until he was sent off, and even that i can understand).

Nothing wrong? Have you seen the footage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQSmkB5XWg

According to the laws of the game a player may be cautioned if he:

1. is guilty of unsporting behaviour
2. shows dissent by word or action

among other things. It's quite understandable for Bennett to feel that a player repeatedly telling him to fuck off and question his decisions constitutes dissent or unsporting behaviour.

His sending off may be harsh but there are people on here who need to learn the laws of the game. Fair enough, complain about the inconsistency (Gerrard/Ronaldo swearing, Ronaldo diving but no bookings) but don't act like Masch did nothing wrong.

He did not swear at the referee when he was sent off. He did nothing that was out of the ordinary, and to this day, i have not seen a player sent off or yellowed for saying ' Why? what was that for ref? why?' What he did does not constitute dissent, and did not warrant a yellow card, had it, then there would be 20 yellows in each game.

Therefore he did nothing wrong, especially in terms of the way the LAWS of the game are normally dispensed.

Watch it yourself, the card was being written before he'd said two words, and a montage of him saying Fck off during a game, cut in with pictures of the ref, does not mean it was directed at the ref, there were 11 mancs to say that to.

what a blinkered and stupid view you have. If Mascha's protest was so innocent then why did Alonso try and pull him away from the ref, answer me that one genius.

Mascha is the disgrace, he let down his team mates and all us supporters by not controlling his emotions.

I just hope that all ref's start being consistent about not tolerating dissent becuase it's been going on too long, they should clamp down on the swearing as well although Sky seem to love zooming in on players at the exact moment they are swearing!

You're not a fan of Liverpool. That's the only explanation for your constant anti-Liverpool drivel.

Mascherano did NOT deserve to be sent off. He simply asked why Torres had been carded. Then that ropey slaphead c*nt showed him a red.

It was AFTER this that Mascher quite rightly got angry and followed the coward around the pitch.

You live in some dreamland where no-one swears, no-one gets angry, and everyone kisses the a*se of an incompetent, inconsistent referee.

Steve Bennett and his childish, petulant, cowardly reaction to having his ridiculous decisions questioned is to blame - not Mascher.

I didn't realise I was talking to you Lando, thanks for that contribution now go and put your rose tinted goggles back on and shove your head in the sand again please.

It's an open forum, dickweed.

You add your propaganda often enough when I post, so why shouldn't I return the favour?

A man without passion is nothing more than a flower-wearing, hippy gay.

Ask yourself if this sounds all too similar to the vision you see every day in the mirror...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:A man without passion is nothing more than a flower-wearing, hippy gay.

:laugh:
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:A man without passion is nothing more than a flower-wearing, hippy gay.

Laughed at that myself. I'd have put it somewhat differently, but that was poetry of a "different" variety.

If Mascherano is a disgrace as Heimdall put it, then what's that make his teammates for not backing him up? Or our so called captain for going missing and only stepping in after the likes of Arbeloa and Aurelio holding him back after Masch went bonkers? shouldn't Gerrard have joined Mascherano as captain of the team to protest? Do you think if Gerrard had have been hacked down two or three times would have got up and just calmly walked away? Would he f*ck! Imagine would would have happened if it were him and not Torres, who can hardly speak a word of English, so what that w@nker Bennett made out in his Spanish is well beyond me, unless he can speak it himself. Mascherano only  did what his captain should have done. If he's a disgrace, then so is Gerrard for not having any balls.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:26 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Great Post Red

Its about time we started getting nasty the mancs have been doing it for years. I want players in that red shirt to be honest but hard and Masherano has shown me he is the type of player i want in that red shirt the lad gives 100% everytime he sets foot on a pitch, He never goes missing,

I remember an interview with Roy Keane and he got asked who he loved playing with his answer was Paul Scoles great player he said but hes also nasty but fair. I know we hate the mancs but i make him spot on.

You cant stiffle someone of masheranos ability if you take the fight and passion out of him the lad would not be the same player imo
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:01 pm

lock me up please :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 am

LFC2007 wrote:

:wwww  :wwww
Damn that made me laugh as well, I can assure you that I'm not a hippy though Lando and there is a time and a place for passion and aggression but that was the wrong time for Mascha but I guess as usual we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm actually fecking bored discussing this now. Mascha is a great player but he screwed up, life goes on.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:00 am

duplicate post
heimdall

Postby Mikz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 am

He shouldve kept his mouth shut, on and on and on chipping away and him already on a yellow, anyone who couldnt see that coming it talking through their hole...there wasnt one shout of abuse towards the ref from where i was sitting.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:36 am

Reg wrote:Reds need to calm it down or this ref is going to be splashing cards soon. 

Mascher is at risk to walk.

All you lads who act in shock that Masher was sent off should rewatch the game. I posted the above on page 19 of this thread at Mar. 23 2008,13:57 12 minutes from memory before he was sent off. The writing was on the wall, there were lots of wild tackles going in, Masher had been already booked and he was still provoking the ref. lets hope he's learned his lesson and will repay his team mates x 10.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion