LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Tuesday 3rd march - 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:45 pm

bigmick wrote:
stmichael wrote:There's talk of Masch playing right back. ???

No there isn't don't be fecking silly Mick  :D  :laugh: , is there  ???  :(

Thats a load of Bollox! what sane manager would do that?.....Rafa will play Renia at right back.  :laugh:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:48 pm

So..Kuyt gonna play upfront alone or with babel/Ngog? i'd rather have Voronin than those two...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:18 pm

what are the chances of cisse scoring against us? :(
maypaxvobiscum

Postby TheLad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Can't wait for the game...2-0 to us.  :talktothehand
Last edited by TheLad on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't know about the players' confidence but my own has been severely dented over the last 7 games...... My heart says an easy 2-0 win but my doubting brain right now would not be surprised with a draw.  :(

C"MON YOU RED MEN!!!!!!
ConnO'var

Postby mkingdom » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Seems Darby will be on his way to some mid table prem side then...bit like Warnock.

Can anyone say that Warnock is a worse left back than Dossena???  Another strange decision that one.

Anything could happen tonight, my confidence is gone to be honest, and Sunderland will be aware of the lack of confidence in our squad.

They'll park the bus and wait for set plays to test our zonal marking.

Every time we draw or lose I say "Well that's the title gone then", and then the next game comes, and I think, well, if we win tonight we're 4 points adrift, with Utd still to play us...you never know.

When will I learn??   :;):    :no
mkingdom

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 pm

mkingdom wrote:Seems Darby will be on his way to some mid table prem side then...bit like Warnock.

Can anyone say that Warnock is a worse left back than Dossena???  Another strange decision that one.

I was disappointed when Warnock went, certainly good enough to be back-up and push for a place in the starting XI
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 pm

s@int wrote:We shouldn't need two defensive players in the middle against Sunderland.

Not against most of the teams in the table, it's a negative tactic and we have little enough creativity in the side as it is without putting more defensive minded players on the pitch
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 pm

mkingdom wrote:Seems Darby will be on his way to some mid table prem side then...bit like Warnock.

Anything could happen tonight, my confidence is gone to be honest, and Sunderland will be aware of the lack of confidence in our squad.

They'll park the bus and wait for set plays to test our zonal marking.

Every time we draw or lose I say "Well that's the title gone then", and then the next game comes, and I think, well, if we win tonight we're 4 points adrift, with Utd still to play us...you never know.

When will I learn??   :;):    :no

I feel exactly the same mate lol its very strange.
I know if we win, united will still have 2 games in hand to extend their lead to 10 points but i suppose it would just keep a little (i mean marginal) bit of pressure on united.

I know deep down we have blown it...but i am somebody who never believes it is over until it is mathmatical impossible. Thats just who i am and thats something that will never change.

Come on red men just give us 3 points tonight i beg you!

:buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Owzat wrote:
s@int wrote:We shouldn't need two defensive players in the middle against Sunderland.

Not against most of the teams in the table, it's a negative tactic and we have little enough creativity in the side as it is without putting more defensive minded players on the pitch

Well in the case of Alonso and Mascherano, they are probably the best central mdfield partnership you could ask for.The only problem with them is they need the players ahead of them to be of top quality.

It's ok these two essentially "Controlling the game" as Rafa likes to say, but it's down to the more attacking players ahead of them to then use the possesion well enough to win us games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 pm

stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:

Well in the case of Alonso and Mascherano, they are probably the best central mdfield partnership you could ask for.The only problem with them is they need the players ahead of them to be of top quality.

It's ok these two essentially "Controlling the game" as Rafa likes to say, but it's down to the more attacking players ahead of them to then use the possesion well enough to win us games.

We dont have the attacking players to make such an approach work. The mancs do, just imagine a midfield and attack of Alonso, Mascherano, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez. The key being MAN UTD have the players that you could put Alonso and Mascherano behind, we don't.

Not sure I agree with the bit about best central midfield partnership. It lacks a bit in creativity and a lot in terms of goals. Surely something like Essien and Lampard would be better balanced?
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Lets just hope that Cisse isnt in a vindictive and spiteful mood...
:glare:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Anybody seen/heard the team lineup for tonight ?
Part of me has a morbid interest in watching it, another part of me just couldn't be ar$ed....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mistyred » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:48 pm

We have got to win tonight it's a must. 3-1 to the mighty reds.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:49 pm

3-0 get in redmen !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext