LIVERPOOL VS SUNDERLAND - Tuesday 3rd march - 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Sunderland will come and park a bus, and let's face it if that's the case it won't be easy for us as our record shows this season.  I'd take any type of win.  And we better fu.cking do - I work in Sunderland these days so will come in for serious abuse if they get anything at all out of it!  Bad enough losing to Boro, theres a fair few of them kicking about where I work too.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Compact formation and one up front against lowly Sunderland. Well you cannot be too careful. Both teams strangle the game and their keeper makes a couple of half decent stops from long range Liverpool efforts.Gerrard dives in desperate attempt to turn the game with a free kick close in or a pen and is booked under protest.Kuyt jumps for passes he miss controlled against their left back but wins several throw ins to stoke the crowd. 10 left and Babel replaces Reira but runs u his own backside and blasts a shot over the kop end terrace. Riena is rushing his kicks more now as he hoists the ball forward the odd one miss hit and out for a goal kick the other end. Rafa checks his watch, then again and again, waves and points instruction. Game ends 0-0.  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

Absolutely 100% need to play Yossi in this game. If they are parking the bus we need as much creativity as we can muster
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:36 pm

parchpea wrote:Compact formation and one up front against lowly Sunderland. Well you cannot be too careful. Both teams strangle the game and their keeper makes a couple of half decent stops from long range Liverpool efforts.Gerrard dives in desperate attempt to turn the game with a free kick close in or a pen and is booked under protest.Kuyt jumps for passes he miss controlled against their left back but wins several throw ins to stoke the crowd. 10 left and Babel replaces Reira but runs u his own backside and blasts a shot over the kop end terrace. Riena is rushing his kicks more now as he hoists the ball forward the odd one miss hit and out for a goal kick the other end. Rafa checks his watch, then again and again, waves and points instruction. Game ends 0-0.  :glare:

:laugh:

I may quote this at 9.50pm tomorrow.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Apparently Torres still isn't going to be fit, although interestingly by all accounts we are confident he'll be fit for the second leg against Madrid :;): So I wonder who we're going to play up front?

Maybe selling Robbie Keane without bringing in a replacement wasn't such a great idea after all when you think about it. Who would have thought it though, one striker wasn't enough to go through the last third of the season? Fecking Parry :angry:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:53 pm

I hope El Zhar, Kuyt and Babel start in that terrific trio.
The others need a rest til Real Madrid.

Keep resting Benayoun, maybe rest Xabi or Masch with Lucas getting deserved experience.

Maybe rest Skrtel too, he's played out of his skin. Put Dossena left back so he can whip in those crosses into the Kop.

6-0 to Rafa's Reds  :buttrock
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:57 pm

bigmick wrote:Apparently Torres still isn't going to be fit, although interestingly by all accounts we are confident he'll be fit for the second leg against Madrid :;): So I wonder who we're going to play up front?

Maybe selling Robbie Keane without bringing in a replacement wasn't such a great idea after all when you think about it. Who would have thought it though, one striker wasn't enough to go through the last third of the season? Fecking Parry :angry:

Or maybe, and this is a massive maybe...

We have already got Villa (or another awesome striker) signed and ready, but had to sell Keane now to lose 1mill rather than in summer to lose 11m... that's what I'm hoping anyways, its the only thing that makes sense logically.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Apparently Torres still isn't going to be fit, although interestingly by all accounts we are confident he'll be fit for the second leg against Madrid :;): So I wonder who we're going to play up front?

We have already got Villa (or another awesome striker) signed and ready, but had to sell Keane now to lose 1mill rather than in summer to lose 11m... that's what I'm hoping anyways, its the only thing that makes sense logically.

See this is what I don't get. Firstly the "we only lost 1 million" thing, which I still can't get me head round. Secondly, I've just been accused (again) of hoping we lose, and here we are arguing that it "makes sense logically" to sell your only back up striker  and put the title challenge in extreme jeapordy, because we've signed someone else for next season.

It could be you're right Daws and we have signed David Villa, but it still makes zero percent sense to sell keane. Some of us said so at the time before the thread got locked.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am

.                   Cavalieri

Darby     San Jose    Agger     Dossena

El Zhar      Plessis   Lucas ©    Babel

Pacheco   N'gog

:D you never know with Rafa!
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 am

dawson99 wrote:

:;): Id get a few bob on that poss maybe Daws , but leave out the maybe :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:38 am

<Bump>

The match thread is getting lost among the waves of polls.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:42 am

Effes wrote:I hope El Zhar, Kuyt and Babel start in that terrific trio.
The others need a rest til Real Madrid.

Keep resting Benayoun, maybe rest Xabi or Masch with Lucas getting deserved experience.

Maybe rest Skrtel too, he's played out of his skin. Put Dossena left back so he can whip in those crosses into the Kop.

6-0 to Rafa's Reds  :buttrock

Congradulations....Here's your PHD in rafalogics.... :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:03 am

i'd start this side... no chance of it happening in a million years but comeon Rafa... its head out of the behind time...

Reina

Carra       Skrtel           Hyypia        Aurelio

Benny       Gerrard        Alonso         Riera

Kuyt           anything :(

Guess i wouldnt mind having Babel there, maybe one of the kids or Ngog...anyone who would play upfront as a striker would do.... guess the clinical Babel would be pick of the bunch for me but eh....

hope we win it ... have to play 2 upfront Rafa...no Torres and no forwards (kuyt what? :laugh: ) we need to commit as many bodies high upfront as we can....

2-1 Kuyt and Gerrard, Richardson
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:14 am

Things are never clear cut with Rafa. A couple of days ago the pro's were preening when we beat Madrid and I asked them to calm down a bit, we'll get kicked up the jaxy. Now, the anti's are thinking they're about to be proven right, but it never works in such a clear cut way with this manager. My prediction is we'll beat both Sunderland and Madrid with a bit to spare, which will redress the balance a bit and have the pro's congratulating each other. It wouldn't even surprise me if we then won at Old Trafford to bring em all out of the woodwork. Rafa's tenure as Liverpool manager is destined to polarise the fan base till the day it ends. He doesn't do glorius failure very well, he does failure in a kind of could've, would've, should've kind of way, and there's always just enough to keep his most lotal of fans still interested.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsabotage » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:10 am

Its a shame the situation we're in....since the Gerrard nightclub incident... its all been a bit down hill from there oh well second is wt we gotta aim for...because as much as i hate the manc wanks, i can't see them dropping to many points.

anyway as for tonight, i reckon rafa might put out this team:

Reina

Carra                      Skrtel          Hypia                  Aurelio

Alonso                 Mascherano,

Benayoun                   Gerrard                              Riera

Kuyt

shame Keane's gone now eh?
redsabotage

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion