LIVERPOOL vs MAN UTD - All the build up and discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm

well Neville,Keane and Heinze are all out so we have to fancy are chances here, get in Rooney face from the word go and see if he lets his temper get the better of him again.

Just hope are midfield can boss the game around fi so I have know doubt that we will take the 3 points.

Come On The RED MEN!!!
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 pm

I'd go with:

Reina

Finnan           Carragher     Hyypia           Warnock

Alonso         Sissoko

Garcia                   Gerrard                    Riise

Crouch

They'll come and play 3 in midfield and we have to match that, as they dominated us last season when we only played 2 in there.  Sissoko simply can't be dropped for Hamann, he's playing too well at the moment and you don't get a bigger game than this.  Riise has to play as he will give Warnock more cover than Zenden, and Rooney (their best player by a mile imo) is likely to play down their right.

Crouch has to play as he is our best lone striker and we can unleash Pongolle and Cisse for a bit of pace when they start getting tired.

Some people are getting a bit overconfident about this game I think.  United are ALWAYS at their most dangerous when their backs are to the wall, and all their injuries and the whole furore over Rooney's red card could fuel their seige mentality and make them play better.

Having said that I think we have a great chance of getting one over on them.  The unpredictability of Benitez's team selections is a major advantage to us in games like this, Fergie won't know what to expect.  I predict a narrow victory for us :nod
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:24 pm

I agree pretty much completely with that line-up John Craig - which means Rafa will go for something totally different!

I'd say we'd need to start 4-5-1 - as you've said Keane and Scholes overpowered our 4 man midfield at Anfield last year. At least Keane is out this year. This has been a bit of a bogie fixture for us the last few seasons, hopefully we put an end to that this weekend.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah we've definitely got to fancy our chance's on Sunday, especially with that trio out. I think Man Utd looked extremely normal against Villareal last night and there where a few jink's in the armour. I think we need to try and fire Rooney up and get him frustrated.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:53 pm

With Man Utd's injuries we cannot be anything but confident for Sunday.

A rested Gerrard with an awesome Sissoko alongside him in midfield will over run them. I do believe we will start with Crouch and Cisse upfront though. We are at home afterall..
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:00 pm

john craig wrote:I'd go with:

Reina

Finnan           Carragher     Hyypia           Warnock

Alonso         Sissoko

Garcia                   Gerrard                    Riise

Crouch

They'll come and play 3 in midfield and we have to match that, as they dominated us last season when we only played 2 in there.  Sissoko simply can't be dropped for Hamann, he's playing too well at the moment and you don't get a bigger game than this.  Riise has to play as he will give Warnock more cover than Zenden, and Rooney (their best player by a mile imo) is likely to play down their right.

Crouch has to play as he is our best lone striker and we can unleash Pongolle and Cisse for a bit of pace when they start getting tired.

Some people are getting a bit overconfident about this game I think.  United are ALWAYS at their most dangerous when their backs are to the wall, and all their injuries and the whole furore over Rooney's red card could fuel their seige mentality and make them play better.

Having said that I think we have a great chance of getting one over on them.  The unpredictability of Benitez's team selections is a major advantage to us in games like this, Fergie won't know what to expect.  I predict a narrow victory for us :nod

I salute as ever!Only id swap Garcia for pongo mate!!
66-1120597113

Postby JC_81 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:14 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:Only id swap Garcia for pongo mate!!

Wouldn't be against that either mate, Pongo certainly impressed me against Betis, but he only really has half a game in him at the minute, he's not properly fit yet.

2 games in a week is a big ask at the moment I think, but with Richardson likely to be playing left back for the scum I think Pongo could turn him inside out if he plays.

Can't wait for Sunday!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Regardless of what injuries Man Utd have, they shouldn't be underestimated. Arsenal did that with us when they played us at home, and we outclassed them. They will be up for this game and there's no room for writting off the opposition.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:38 pm

Tonight is surely a night of dreams Neverton losing 5-1 in europe
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:39 pm

Anyway as for sunday i fancy a 2-1 win :D
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:46 pm

Everton humped - superb!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby AlanHansen » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Keane out is a big loss to utd, they haven't got anyone as good to replace him, hope Rooney loses it.  :)

We've got an excellent chance to turn them over.
AlanHansen

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:23 pm

c'mon you mighty reds c'mon you mighty reds c'mon you reds c'mon you mighty reds!

i hate mancs and mancs and mancs and mancs i hate fooking mancs:angry:

2-0 to the champions of europe!  Crouch and alonso
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:00 am

john craig wrote: The unpredictability of Benitez's team selections is a major advantage to us in games like this, Fergie won't know what to expect.  I predict a narrow victory for us :nod

Good post John all round but I've just quoted this bit for a reason.

How about this for typical Benitez unpredictability .........

Play Hamann and Alonso and Sissoko in the middle and Gerrard has a free role similar to the one he had against Arsenal last season. So it would look like this .....

Reina

Finnon         Carra         Hyppia           Warnock

Sissoko          Hamann

Gerrard                 Alonso                    Riise

Cisse
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:04 am

reins
        josemi                 Carra                    Hypia                   Traore

Sissoko                                      Alonso

Finnan                               Gerrard                               Riise

Sinama                                        Ciise
hobbes

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion