LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Babel_fan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:22 am

Toffeehater wrote:Reina

Finnan            Carra             Skrtel                Riise

Pennant         Gerrard          Lucas                 Babel

Torres            Crouch

I like that line-up but I would play Babel at CF instead of Crouch and play Benayoun on the wing.
Babel_fan

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am

-------------------reina-----------------------
finnan--------carra---------skertel---------riise
--------------gerrard------alonso--------------
pennant------------benayoun-------------babel
------------------torres-----------------------
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:57 am

No changes for this one ,only lucas for mascherano . We have more than enough to win .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 am

formations should be changed igor , torres will be isolated adn this is the derby , hoping for cahill to be out though
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:20 am

I am in the "Must Win" camp for this one, we cannot afford to lose at all but even a draw would be a bad result with Arsenal looming. Having said that i am confident we willl win, Everton have been stumbling of late and their league position flatters them.

Reina

Arbeloa              Carra        Skyrtel             Riise
(Finnan fit?)

Pennant                 Alonso    Lucas            Babel

Gerrard
                                       Torres

That should do it!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:41 am

Toffeehater wrote:Yes , for some of us its the biggest game of the season . we need to bounce back after the dissapointing loss to the mancs and we will be WITHOUT masch for this game , which makes it all the more difficult. All season i have been saying this that arbeloa is sh!te and the manc game is the final nail in the coffin . I'd go for a similar squad with few changes.

Reina

Torres            Crouch

I'm prepared to shift back to the 4-4-2 game as i feel torres will be isolated . I think the big man deserves a chance although i havna't been his biggiest fan this season . I'd go for a 3-0 win , torres with 2 and a long awaited riise goal

Ditto 4-4-2. But i like to see this team.

Reina
Finnan            Hyppia          Skrtel                Riise
Pennant         Gerrard          Lucas                 Benayoun
                   Torres            Crouch

Should be enough to beat eversh1t....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:02 am

The_Rock wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Yes , for some of us its the biggest game of the season . we need to bounce back after the dissapointing loss to the mancs and we will be WITHOUT masch for this game , which makes it all the more difficult. All season i have been saying this that arbeloa is sh!te and the manc game is the final nail in the coffin . I'd go for a similar squad with few changes.

Reina

Torres            Crouch

I'm prepared to shift back to the 4-4-2 game as i feel torres will be isolated . I think the big man deserves a chance although i havna't been his biggiest fan this season . I'd go for a 3-0 win , torres with 2 and a long awaited riise goal

Reina
                   Torres            Crouch

dropping carragher for this game?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby poolboyuk » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:08 am

I'd also like to see Crouch given a game and go for 442 - the system doesnt convince me and we have to natural wide players in Pennant and Benayoun doing nothing. Pennant looked great earlier on. Seems to me the present system was borne out of the need to get our three best midfielders on the pitch together (Masch, Alonso and Gerrard) and dare I say it - Rafa not wanting to bite the bullet and tell Stevie G he needs to play wide right permanently for the good of the team

Football Focus Online - footy blog!
poolboyuk

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:08 pm

I expect 3pts from this one, nothing less.  It's disgraceful that we find ourselves fighting for 4th spot yet again.  When will our managers stop buying mediocre players and start realising we need more quality like Torres, Agger, Reina, Babel etc.  I expect a clear out in the summer, we won't win the league with Kewell, Voronin, Crouch, Kuyt, Pennant, Benayoun, Arbeloa etc.  Until we get rid of these players and bring in at least three quality players it'll be 4th spot every season!
Rockthekop

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:59 pm

Everton’s Cahill, Pienaar & Yobo Doubt For Clash At Liverpool

Everton have a long injury list ahead of Sunday’s crucial Merseyside derby at Anfield as they battle with Liverpool for the fourth-place finish in the Premiership. David Moyes’ side are currently two points behind the Reds.

Tim Cahill (foot problem), Steven Pienaar (sick) and Joseph Yobo (ankle injury) are all considered doubtful.

Australian attacker Cahill started against West Ham on Saturday, but had to be replaced after just 10 minutes. South African playmaker Pienaar was sick with gastroenteritis and failed to be fit for the Hammers game, while Nigerian defender Yobo has an ankle problem and also missed the weekend’s home game.

Striker Andrew Johnson is however, likely to be available as he recovers from a groin strain.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Reina

Torres            Crouch

Reina
                   Torres            Crouch

dropping carragher for this game?

Yeah.......... I think carra and skertel are pretty average with "aerial bombardment". Ever since hyppia has been out, we look even worse at corners and everytime the opposition players cross the ball.

I just think hyppia will benefit playing with a faster carra (ie..skertel).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Lets batter these bitter tw@ts!

3-0 for the reds!  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Reg wrote:Everton’s Cahill, Pienaar & Yobo Doubt For Clash At Liverpool

Everton have a long injury list ahead of Sunday’s crucial Merseyside derby at Anfield as they battle with Liverpool for the fourth-place finish in the Premiership. David Moyes’ side are currently two points behind the Reds.

Tim Cahill (foot problem), Steven Pienaar (sick) and Joseph Yobo (ankle injury) are all considered doubtful.

Australian attacker Cahill started against West Ham on Saturday, but had to be replaced after just 10 minutes. South African playmaker Pienaar was sick with gastroenteritis and failed to be fit for the Hammers game, while Nigerian defender Yobo has an ankle problem and also missed the weekend’s home game.

Striker Andrew Johnson is however, likely to be available as he recovers from a groin strain.

Pieenar should reover and it is good news that cahill and yobo are doubtful , yobo is a good defender and cahill well i don't need to say much abt him do i
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Good news Cahill may be out, but my concern is Yakubu. He can score outta nothin, with hardly a warnin as to his presence. Never really rated him but he's doin the business this season after his ACN debacle. Not sure which CB I'd use, Sammi for his aerial command but lack of speed, Carra purely cuz of his will to win against this lot, or Skrtel as I dunno his experience of this kinda atmosphere. He wernt that clever sundy, but then he wernt alone.

I find it hard to believe that they'll come for the draw, but i think they'll accept it with 15 to go and scores level, us havin arsenal and them derby in the next games. Sayin that, players should be up for all games at this stage of the season as if you're gonna win owt, it happens around now!

Rafa has to get the mentality sorted, observe the refs satdy as to treatment of dissent and such, and ensure players are aware of their obligation and responsibility on the day. Win this and 4th is almost a given, ALMOST. There's potential banana skins, but like i say, its now you wanna be playin alot of games against big opponents, else you aint in the runnin for anythin.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:38 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:I find it hard to believe that they'll come for the draw

I don't. They'd take a draw now, especially considering the week after they play derby and we play arsenal.

They'll play 4-5-1, camp men around the edge of our box like they did last season and try and nick something from a set piece.

I'd bring Lucas in for Mascherano and Benayoun in for Kuyt.

2-0.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion