LIVERPOOL VS DERBY COUNTY - Barclays premier league 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:08 pm

I was well pleased when I heard the score, guna watch it on MOTD 2nyt. Sounds like it was a good game too, and not just a boring 6-0 win. Derby must have been giving us loads of room. Glad they won though, has cheered me up  :D

Good Luck Liver' on the nxt one!! :)
Last edited by Gr8 LFC Fan on Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

Postby kop11 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 pm

guna watch it on MOTD 2nyt. Sounds like it was a good game too, and not just a boring 6-0 win

suppose we will still be last on motd!!!
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby The Grudge » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:30 pm

There seems to be a huge difference in our teams attitude from last season to this one.Everyone,no matter who is selected to play looks comfortable and more importantly confident in their given role.

People may say you won 6-0 but it was only Derby or 4-0 but it was Toulouse but taking the scorlines away it does not matter we are winning and controling games every time we play.
Last week we had a comfortable controlled away win against Sunderland,likewise the first game of the season.

We played Chelsea at home and again totally played our own game.They did'nt really have a sniff of scoring until it was gifted by the ref.

There are some fans that always find something to gripe or moan about but at the present time everything is going perfectly as far as i can see.
Last season lesser teams were coming to Anfield believing they had a chance,last season we were going away to lesser teams and they felt we were good for the taking.Many times we were just that...but it appears there is an inner belief that we can go anywhere and win.It takes the belief to be there before it can happen so already so early on we are looking better than we ever did last season or the few before that.

Scoring goals does not seem to be a problem anymore..we are no longer lost without Gerrard and Carra when they are not there,vital as they are we can still function.

Im delighted so far....could'nt be happier.

(Well if Villa beat Chelsea tomorrow that may make things happier):D
The Grudge

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Remember, people, it only takes one or two bad results and we're back to picking the team to shreds again. Well, some anyway. In either case, if we keep winning away from home as comfortable as we have been, we should be almost unstoppable this season from what I've seen so far. The depth of our team is frightening now. I look at our bench and just know we could field an understrength team and still have the goods to win against big teams. Compare our bench to our biggest rivils, and we look a level above them. I can't wait till we get the Mancs home or away. They are in for a serious f*cking tanking from us...for sure!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:34 pm

The Grudge wrote:There seems to be a huge difference in our teams attitude from last season to this one.Everyone,no matter who is selected to play looks comfortable and more importantly confident in their given role.

People may say you won 6-0 but it was only Derby or 4-0 but it was Toulouse but taking the scorlines away it does not matter we are winning and controling games every time we play.
Last week we had a comfortable controlled away win against Sunderland,likewise the first game of the season.

We played Chelsea at home and again totally played our own game.They did'nt really have a sniff of scoring until it was gifted by the ref.

There are some fans that always find something to gripe or moan about but at the present time everything is going perfectly as far as i can see.
Last season lesser teams were coming to Anfield believing they had a chance,last season we were going away to lesser teams and they felt we were good for the taking.Many times we were just that...but it appears there is an inner belief that we can go anywhere and win.It takes the belief to be there before it can happen so already so early on we are looking better than we ever did last season or the few before that.

Scoring goals does not seem to be a problem anymore..we are no longer lost without Gerrard and Carra when they are not there,vital as they are we can still function.

Agreed there Grudge, however we must keep this momentum, at least for a while, i know its very difficult to stay unbeaten for a long time, but if we can keep on winning and cut our losses then there is something talk about, the title ofcourse.

Portsmouth will be a huge test, because we are playing away and portsmouth have strengthned with the money they got, we just need to keep our form.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:LMFAO - Sunderland are singing you'll never walk alone at Man scum land LOOOL!!!

Yeah i heard that too. The scum were not happy.  :D

lol .. i heard it too ...loud and clear !! priceless !!!!!  :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby The Grudge » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:42 pm

metalhead wrote:
The Grudge wrote:There seems to be a huge difference in our teams attitude from last season to this one.Everyone,no matter who is selected to play looks comfortable and more importantly confident in their given role.

Agreed there Grudge, however we must keep this momentum, at least for a while, i know its very difficult to stay unbeaten for a long time, but if we can keep on winning and cut our losses then there is something talk about, the title ofcourse.

Portsmouth will be a huge test, because we are playing away and portsmouth have strengthned with the money they got, we just need to keep our form.

True mate but every game is a test.We are flying high and of course we can get brought back down quickly...thats what happens in football!

But i think we have enough quality to beat Portsmouth away.We must win games like this to win the EPL...All our players know this and are up for it! A huge factor in our success so far is how easily Torres,Voronin and Babel have settled its amazing.Looks like they have been playing for us for years not 4 or 5 games.

We all know however that we will loose sometime...this will be our biggest test,to see if we can bounce back with confidence...that will be a massive indicator to see if we have what it takes to clinch the title!
The Grudge

Postby destro » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 pm

The good thing for me today was, we made substitutions that in the past would of been made with half a mind on sealing the game up once we had a couple of goals, the BIG difference this season is the quality competition for places and that EVERY player who either starts or comes off the bench has a point to prove, they know the quality of the side and they know they will have to be at their best to either keep their place or break into the team for the next game, there have been players in the past who have looked at the bench and maybe not gave their all, thinking that their place wasn't really under threat, that is no longer the case.

That, more than anything else this season is what excites me the most.

Games like that one today in the past against the smaller teams would most likely of finished once we got the first couple of goals, but I just knew we had more goals in the team and the players who came on as subs would give their all to improve the score line and the performance, it wont send shivers down the League just yet despite the fact we played Chelsea off the pitch, the media will still say "They only beat Derby and everybody expected that", but I am happy for them to write us off, let them talk of the BIG two and we will just go about our work, quietly picking up points, none of them will mention us as title contenders this year but, I know for a fact that behind closed doors they will be worried about us,Chelsea already know what we can do and how much we have improved, Man U and Arsenal will find out soon enough. The future is looking good, I'm not going to start saying its in the bag this season but ,unlike our 'Rivals' I will just give a little smile when asked about our chances.
destro

Postby babu » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:00 pm

:)  well done

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSS!!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:22 pm

ok, well, i was playing football when the match was on, and right now all i know is the score, ganna watch the match on motd/football first. My current views are glad Babel got a goal (been hoping he would) and Alonso & Torres got 2 goals which is great! Won 6-0 without Carra AND Gerrard. Things look good
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:27 pm

Very pleased with today's performance.

First half an hour was not so good but when we settled down and actually started playing football we were much better.

I was delighted with Pennant, especially in the first half when he came over to the left for 15 minutes or so and ripped them apart.

I was starting to have my doubts about Babel before he scored because he looked a bit awkward on the ball at times and not getting into the game. It was a beautifully taken goal though and from then on he went from strength to strength.

I thought Mascherano was immense today. Sprint there, sprint back. He's got a great work rate. The tackles he put in today were superb. He bossed the game from start to finish.

A little worried about Kuyt not finishing off chances but his link-up play was quite good today.

Now onto Fernando Torres. What more can I say about him? This lad is class. Pace and he's powerful aswell. He took his first goal superbly. His pace scares the shit out of defenders. He really does fight for possession and he seems to link-up well with every strike partner he's been with so far.

I never got to see the glorious sides of the 70's and 80's but I appriciate good football when I see it and after Torres' first goal today some of the football we played in the spell in the minutes after that is probably the best I have seen from a Liverpool team in my lifetime.

It was scintillating stuff immediately after that third goal. Pace, power, flicks, attacking impetus. The lot.

I hope to see that alot more of that this season.

I also hate to dampen the mood a bit but Derby were terrible today. Although, a few years ago we'd of won that 2-0 so that shows how much we've improved.

Very very happy. Not only with the result but with the type of football we played today.

Hopefully we just sent a statement out to the rest of the country.

AND NOW YER GONNA BELIEVE US.............
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Early days...

The signs are looking great though. Ive not had this feeling for a long time. Long may it continue.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:48 pm

If we keep winning like this then Carra and Gerrard might have a job getting back into the team!! :)
Hats off to the Sunderland fans for singing YNWA at Old TwAtFord,I gather the inbreds were not amused! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby f9Torres » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:51 pm

Congratulations!!
f9Torres

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:10 pm

red37 wrote:Early days...

The signs are looking great though. Ive not had this feeling for a long time. Long may it continue.

I've never ever had this feeling before.

We've got a good start. The team is playing well and looking class.

You can feel it. I never jump to conclusions like this but it's almost as if it's in the air.

But I agree lets not get carried away. Derby are very, very poor, and just because we've trounced them, doesn't mean we're going to win the league.

but still

IT'S ON.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion