LIVERPOOL VS DERBY COUNTY - Barclays premier league 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
polygemus wrote:Derby is a woeful team that is strongly favoured to be relegated at the end of the season.

Some room for improvements still,

1. Babel. Goal aside he was quite awful.
2. Kuyt. Wasteful
3. Torres. Goes down a bit too easily at times. Not a good passer.
4. Finnan. Only got down to support when the score is 2-0
5. Some easy chances for derby at the end. They could have scored 2.

Mascherano is tremendous. Should get the nod over Sissoko.

I f*ckin know you! I know your kind. You're the "oh, but the glass is half empty" type of people, arn't you!

Pessimistic tw@t!

:no

It was a great win and it's nice to see us score a few goals but if you want to point out some negative points everything
polygemus says is true.

Derby are surefire favourites to end dead last and this would probably be the easiest fixture in the whole season.

1. Sure, Babel should be able to offer more, but c'mon he is 20 years old and this season is only a learning season and we're not going to see even close to the best of what he will produce in the future.

2. Not going to argue there. Kuyt just is not Liverpool quality.
To wasteful, too slow. But still looking bright since Torres, Voronin and Crouch are players I think do have the needed quality.

3. Well, if that's the only bad thing about Torres, then I'll be happy. It's his 1st season and he hasn't got used to the PL yet. And if it can get us another 1 or 2 penalties then I'm not going to complain.

4. Well, Finnan is what Rafa loves, a risk minimalizer. This makes him never get caught out of position and extremely dependable. Sure, if you want to nitpick maybe he could
make a few more forward runs.

5. When you are 6-0 upp against any team it can be hard pretending it to be 1-0 the last 15 min.

Mascherano is the best "only" cm we've got and I've been saying for 6 months.  he is so complete and can do anything well. Momo and Alonso are way more specialized and there are things they can't do well.
But Mash does it all in style. Hopefully Rafa will see the light.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:45 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
roberto green wrote:
username wrote:Voronin and Babel need to start more, they're the players in form, and in form players should get the nod  :nod

yep totally agree but so should mascharano who is our second best midfielder behind gerrard :buttrock  :buttrock

So Alonso wasn't the MOTM then?

If you always give the nod to the form players, Alonso is in that catagory...

Mate, I know you're a Xabi fan, but to be fair all our mids are bang on form. Is that not a good thing, no? Alonso can't get MOTM every match!  :laugh:

Read the whole thing again in context - he contradicted himself.

IF he wants the form players to play all the time, then Alonso IS the form Centre Mid, as he had the better game yesterday.

I was simply pointing that out.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:52 pm

well, wow....what a game that was.

Been a long time since ive seen us totally rip a team apart like that in the premiership.....and we did it without our 2 captains too.

Everyone had a decent game, Derby were very bad which made us look that much better, but im glad Torres got a couple of goals and babbel got his first(what a first it was too), confidence building that game was.
Alonso and mascha didnt have to try too hard to control the middle but they did it well. nice to see alonso getting in dangerous areas and scoring, which is what id like to see more of from him. Pennant played very well when switched to the left too...

great entertainment, just a shame Kuyt couldn't get one. next time eh? comon u redmen keep it up!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Dutchsky » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:22 pm

Kuyt well done! No goals, but very usefull to his team.
Dutchsky

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:28 pm

A great display of pace and power..... I don't care who the oppo are, if it's a Premier League Team it's a good result, end of.
Rafa seems to have got players thinking each game could be their last for ages due to the size of the squad and they're all playing for their place, there's a hunger about 'em that I like the look of.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1188744574 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:00 pm

LADIES OF ENGLAND!!! YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS CARSI??? PLEASE WATCH THESE EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS ABOUT CARSI....YOU WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN!!!

YOU WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN!!!

CARSI

BJK

KARTAL

BJK ISTANBUL

BESIKTAS

KARAKARTAL

BJK1903

BESIKTAS CARSI
66-1188744574

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:43 pm

sorry blackeagleBJK we are allergic to bullsh!t
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
roberto green wrote:
username wrote:Voronin and Babel need to start more, they're the players in form, and in form players should get the nod  :nod

yep totally agree but so should mascharano who is our second best midfielder behind gerrard :buttrock  :buttrock

So Alonso wasn't the MOTM then?

If you always give the nod to the form players, Alonso is in that catagory...

Mate, I know you're a Xabi fan, but to be fair all our mids are bang on form. Is that not a good thing, no? Alonso can't get MOTM every match!  :laugh:

Read the whole thing again in context - he contradicted himself.

IF he wants the form players to play all the time, then Alonso IS the form Centre Mid, as he had the better game yesterday.

I was simply pointing that out.

True that. But yeah, MOTM was probably Xabi. Been ages since I actually stroke the ball into the net from just ouside the area without spooning it into the crowd. He should be playing in more advanced possitions more often.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:56 pm

Penguins wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
polygemus wrote:Derby is a woeful team that is strongly favoured to be relegated at the end of the season.

Some room for improvements still,

1. Babel. Goal aside he was quite awful.
2. Kuyt. Wasteful
3. Torres. Goes down a bit too easily at times. Not a good passer.
4. Finnan. Only got down to support when the score is 2-0
5. Some easy chances for derby at the end. They could have scored 2.

Mascherano is tremendous. Should get the nod over Sissoko.

I f*ckin know you! I know your kind. You're the "oh, but the glass is half empty" type of people, arn't you!

Pessimistic tw@t!

:no

It was a great win and it's nice to see us score a few goals but if you want to point out some negative points everything
polygemus says is true.

Derby are surefire favourites to end dead last and this would probably be the easiest fixture in the whole season.

1. Sure, Babel should be able to offer more, but c'mon he is 20 years old and this season is only a learning season and we're not going to see even close to the best of what he will produce in the future.

2. Not going to argue there. Kuyt just is not Liverpool quality.
To wasteful, too slow. But still looking bright since Torres, Voronin and Crouch are players I think do have the needed quality.

3. Well, if that's the only bad thing about Torres, then I'll be happy. It's his 1st season and he hasn't got used to the PL yet. And if it can get us another 1 or 2 penalties then I'm not going to complain.

4. Well, Finnan is what Rafa loves, a risk minimalizer. This makes him never get caught out of position and extremely dependable. Sure, if you want to nitpick maybe he could
make a few more forward runs.

5. When you are 6-0 upp against any team it can be hard pretending it to be 1-0 the last 15 min.

Mascherano is the best "only" cm we've got and I've been saying for 6 months.  he is so complete and can do anything well. Momo and Alonso are way more specialized and there are things they can't do well.
But Mash does it all in style. Hopefully Rafa will see the light.

Of course there is no yin without a yang. Still, it's ridiculous to blast the players after such a great performance, and the performances of late, and not all of what was said there is true anyway. Babel certainly wasn't awful. He gave us good width considering he was playing on the right side of the pitch must of the time and linked up well with Yossi. If I recall, it was his turn, and then his pace that made for Alonso's second goal. And the comment about Torres not being a good passer, f*ck me, why would you want him to pass if he's getting the ball just off the edge of the area? Strikers don't normally like to pass anyway. And why would Finnan want to get down and support when the game was so clearly in command. The lad didn't even start the game, plus Babel and Benayoun were doing the job down that side anyway. It's just stupid niggling statements. Honest to f*ck, I swear, reading comments like this, you wonder if the poster even supports the club.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Excellent Result and great performance.

Reina - Not much to do really but another clean sheet is great

Finnan - Supported the wing as usual great player

Hyypia - Played well and has been good standing in for Carragher

Agger - Solid as usual. Simple as that. Great passes up top

Arbeloa - Has really stamped his mark on the lb slot. Great player

Pennant - His usual self this year. Quick as fook and his crosses were fantastic

Mascherano - Great Shield for Alonso. Really makes life comfortable

Babel - Took his goal well and was good down the left

Kuyt - Works hard as usual. Shame not to score. Great Performance

Torres - Really sharp for both his goals. Excellent player. Its what weve been missing.

Alonso - Motm- My man of the match. Fantastic Perforamnce got in the right positions to score and supported the right positions when need be.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:26 pm

Have you heard Chelsea have lost against Villa, so we should still @ the top of the table, YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!! :laugh:
Now lets keep it up lads!!
You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:44 am

Has anyone got a link to the match of the day extended highlights?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:59 am

Nevermind, there is a 10 minute highlights on youtube now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJGWJ3RiqQ
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 am

Espionage wrote:Has anyone got a link to the match of the day extended highlights?

Bav's posted them HERE Espionage.

Link to MOTD highlights M.O.T.D.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:50 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:oh you know how girls are

''why is sex so important? prove to me you're with me cause you love me''  :D

im 21

Mate, tell her you love her.....and then proceed to lash the jacksie off her....
:hearts
THEN tell her you love her again.....and that it's her round...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion