LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - All build up and reaction here please.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:00 pm

ConnO'var wrote:For me, Mom was either Kuyt, Hyypia or Gerrard.....

well in lads.....

Id agree with Hyypia, Kuyt worked his socks off tbf. Gerrard's goal was a supremely well controlled strike.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:00 pm

red37 wrote:Gonzalez was...woeful.

Yeh only one who didnt really play up to standard today.

Pennant showed today that he is definitley good enough for this club, most of his problems are mental I feel, namely confidence. Gonzo on the other hand I'm not sure about.

Let's not dwell on that though, great performance by the lads.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:02 pm

to say the least....  :(

After all we went through to get him and Sabre's glowing reports and updates from Spain, he's been a major dissapointment so far..... Looks like the Prem may not suit him or he's taking a really long time to bed in...... Still he's got the rest of the season to prove his doubters wrong...

He's definitely not lived up to the hype @ the moment.
ConnO'var

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:02 pm

Well done liverpool :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:05 pm

Liverpool Team Statistics Bolton Wanderers
3                   goals          0
0          1st Half Goals       0
8          Shots on Target    0
11        Shots off Target    1
2          Blocked Shots       0
8          Corners               8
19         Fouls                 14
1          Offsides              2
0          Yellow Cards        3
0          Red Cards           0
74.7 Passing Success      66.3
19        Tackles              16
84.2 Tackles Success      75
58.9 Possession             41.1
50.9 Territorial Advant    49.1

One shot off target lol. I was pleased with our tackle success against a team of thugs too.
account deleted by request

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:07 pm

red37 wrote:

well in lads.....

Id agree with Hyypia, Kuyt worked his socks off tbf. Gerrard's goal was a supremely well controlled strike.

Mate... I'm so happy that I'm well on the way to getting drunk right now....

When Gerrard's in the right kind of mood and he makes those searing runs in behind the strikers he's a joy to behold...... And another bonus from today...... this is the 1st time I've seen Xabi and Gerrard play well together in the middle of the park .... against a 3 men midfield no less....

I'm even satisfied with Pennant's performance today....

HAPPY NEW YEAR New-iktters....

I'm off downstairs to get hammerred..... cheers lads...
ConnO'var

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Take that you shower of pretending useless kunts, feck off out the prem along with Faye scary looking b@stard for a horror movie without make up, never mind a football team.
Feck off your a load of sh.ite.
God I hate Bolton.

Well done red men best game of the season by far.
More of the same in 2007, if wer played like that every week we would be champs no problem.
Feck off sam the walrus your sh.ite.

Happy New Year
Cigs xx
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:13 pm

Nearly every home game we've turned the screw in the second half.

Just wish we hadn't had such a poor start to the season.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:14 pm

great performance in the second half....always seem to do better in the second half of games this season. Glad to see pennant is finding some form, the better he plays the more likely stevie g will stay in centre midfield. Best thing about this game is the little amount that reina had to do, thats always a good sign. We are really begining to dominate games, even against blackburn despite being beaten we dominated that game aswell and if it wasnt for Crouch having a stinker that day we would have won that as well, Crouch is one of my least favorite players at the club but he did quite well today (even if he should have scored that header late in the game and he should have put robbie away a few minutes before that.)
All in all a good victory against a hard enuf team to beat. I think it is begining to come together for us this season and the new players are beginning to settle in, (im ignoring gonzos poor game today) and as a result we seem to be imposing our game on teams which is what we lacked early on in the season. (Stevie g in centre mid seems to have helped too) My only criticism is that Robbie deserves more of a run than hes getting, he has to be a better option than crouch....(im probably being harsh on crouch today but I reckon hes got to be a bigger goalscoring threat than him)
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:15 pm

After all we went through to get him and Sabre's glowing reports and updates from Spain, he's been a major dissapointment so far..... Looks like the Prem may not suit him or he's taking a really long time to bed in...... Still he's got the rest of the season to prove his doubters wrong...

Yeh, I thought he was going to be an impact from moment one. But saying that he's not made for this league is a bit too early in my opinion. Let's not forget he's very young, he might be an impact next year. Let's not hurry in our opinions.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:18 pm

red37 wrote:

well in lads.....

Considering what he's had to put up with I'd give it to Crouch .

"He's big
he's red
his feet stick out the bed
PETER CROUCH
PETER CROUCH"

:D

If he can sort out his heading he'd have had a hat trick .

Great team performance , only blot on the landscape was Gonzalez, disappointing .But not gonna moan about that now .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Sabre wrote:

Yeh, I thought he was going to be an impact from moment one. But saying that he's not made for this league is a bit too early in my opinion. Let's not forget he's very young, he might be an impact next year. Let's not hurry in our opinions.

yeah go easy on him, it takes time to settle in, new style of football, a new lifestyle, etc etc and he is very young, and he hasnt had a lot of football this season so id say give the lad more time
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Sabre wrote:

you're right mate...... I really hope hope he comes through with flying colours....

BTW.... I wasn't having a go at you mate....  :D
ConnO'var

Postby Rafa D » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Very good game today from the red men.

Nice to see Peter repeat his acrobatics and score a goal. I was a bit worried at half time. The crowd was flat and Bolton were nullifiying our attack very well.

However we stepped up a gear in the 2nd half and were far too good for them. I really hate Bolton and am happy at how we domnated from start to finish.

Pennant played very well and was involved in a lot of our play and I am happy for him, just hope he can keep it up. Gerrard was again great in midfield and Riise really put the willies up their bully boys with some strong challenges.

Onwards and Upwards.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:25 pm

LFC #1 wrote:

Yeh only one who didnt really play up to standard today.

Pennant showed today that he is definitley good enough for this club, most of his problems are mental I feel, namely confidence. Gonzo on the other hand I'm not sure about.

Let's not dwell on that though, great performance by the lads.

im inclined to say Pennant improved quite a bit as the second half wore on. As for MG - I still maintain, with a bit more 'oomph' to his physique he might well find a little more confidence naturally. Then who knows, the rest of his 'game' might well reveal itself a shade more significantly than it has done so far.  All said and done though...a much needed ad well excecuted 3 points in the end.  But for me, the areas we need to highlight are still, the flanks. Both Full back and wide midfield positions warrant attention. Because the greater majority of our play has become focussed on the supply from these positions...either the delivery is lacking in the first place (on several occasions), or the lack of support from the full-backs is shortcoming in supporting that. You can almost sense the trepidation in relinquishing their posts for fear of reprisal..its palpable at times. There should be no excuse...but because the CM are entrusting quite a fair proportion of the fulcrum of attack - to the wide men....(Which is what the side was crying out for last term) the Full backs are insecure about trusting them to hang on to the ball because of the flaws we've become accustomed to;  so you perhaps have to allow some licence there for their cautionary approach. In any case it is a hinderance to anotherwise solid looking unit that is starting to gel effectively. It could well yet evolve into an even better one.  I think its become clear why Gerrard was utilised on the Right of midfield, when you consider the limitations i have identified. Lets just hope that it remains difficult for the manager to go back to that scenario once Sissoko is fit again, for i feel it is HE that should take the place on the bench for a while. And instead continue with the same 'core' in CM. If JP does eventually find some form, of which several glimpses were shown today that few doubted him capable of,  yet many have witnessed to date. We might well be looking at a positive outcome at the close of this season.  Two decent Fullbacks and cover in CM, perhaps a 'Finisher' are all this club needs IMO.  3 well taken goals without reply today it has to be said...Another positive there then (the GD column).  Looking good for me....At least its looking BETTER!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion