LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - A tough game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:31 am

highest points since the premiership began numpty

Ciggy - I don't mind reading criticism of our players but ripping them apart when they do their best for this great club thats what really annoys me

imagine some of the players coming on here and reading this

:no
RedWolf35

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:33 am

If i am not wrong, we got 81 points during the season we finish 2nd

Blame it to Rafa because he always  played 1 upfront Mori or PC ( games before vs with Fulham 4-1 ).
LiverpoolMadman

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:34 am

RedWolf35 wrote:highest points since the premiership began numpty

Ciggy - I don't mind reading criticism of our players but ripping them apart when they do their best for this great club thats what really annoys me

imagine some of the players coming on here and reading this

:no

whose the numpty moron  :angry:

We finish 2nd to arsenal in 2001/2002 season...get your facts right  :no

how long have u been supporting this club ? since we won the champions league ??? GIVE ME A BREAK.
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:36 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Blame it to Rafa because he always  played 1 upfront Mori or PC ( games before vs with Fulham 4-1 ).

Oh stop your rambling on you sound like a madman. Yes lets blame Rafa for the progress we have made this season how dare he let us have the chance of winning the F.A.Cup and a 2nd place (fingers crossed) finish, damn you Rafa.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:37 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

You my friend annoy the piss out of me. Do you ever post anything positive? Will you go support Tottenham if Cisse is sold to them? I hope so.

If not, change the record.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:38 am

oakton wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
oakton wrote:jesus! how can you guys say that goal was set up by Crouch?  He couldn't control the ball, he thumbles and the ball bounced off his foot and went to Fowler which resulted a goal, just becuase he was the last person to touch the ball it doesnt mean he had set it up.

Are you being serious?

If that wasn't an assist, i'd like to know you definition of what is!

No one can deny that crouch has played well this season, i was a critic of his from the start but slowly he won me over. He is arguably the most consistent striker we have. Cisse has scored the most but you never know whether he's going to turn up. Crouch will never be prolific but he makes more of an impact to the team that any other striker we have.

P!sses me off when uninformed fans make stupid comments just to be controversial and get some attention. Real fans ackowledge the players that make this team what it is, and in my opinion no one can deny what Crouch has given us this season.

if Crouch had controlled the ball he would have a shot himself

This one sentance proves how dim you really are. Answer me this, if you actually watched the game, how does a player shoot when he receives the ball from a header mid-air with two defender directly marking him?

One word = idiot

It's people like you that we can't have proper discussion, I am assessing Crouch as an player, i was assessing the play in a fair point of view. On the other hand, your love towards Crouch makes you view biased, how can you call Crouch the most consistent striker in our team?

how does a player shoot when he receives the ball from a header mid-air with two defender directly marking him?

How about by trapping on the ball to his foot like what Crouch was TRYING to do himself, but he couldn't, the ball bouced off his and went straight to Fowler.

Tell me what your definition of Assist is, the last person to touch the ball before the goal scorer kicks the goal?

He is our most consistent striker purely because his performances have been reguarly better than any other. All of the other strikers have only had good spells. The fact that Rafa has picked Crouch more than the others surely tells you something. 12 goals this season is a goodf return from a player who will never be prolific, he entire contribution this season is more than I expected and for that I commend him. Crouch has rightly received the least criticism this season because he has contributed more than the other strikers.

LFC.TV
"Peter Crouch won an aerial battle inside the area and when he laid the ball into Robbie Fowler's path the Liverpool striker made no mistake with a low driven shot into the far corner of the net"

Clearly you have no real knowledge of football. You say I have bias towards Crouch yet from where i'm standing its looks more like you have negative bias. Crouch has exceeded expectations thats why I admitted I was wrong to criticise rafas signing of him. I now think he is integral to the team and its a sentiment that rafa shares. (LFC.tv - Rafa on Crouch)
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:14 pm

Hmmm, reading through all this thread and i am struggling with why we are having trouble with Liverpool winning or the way we played :talktothehand

Is it not a sign of a great team the fact that they can win when they are not playing well and also if Crouch is not your cup of tea nor Cisse then so what? Raffa picks the team and he decides who plays where they play and for how long they are with the club.

He has put together a squad of players at the moment that have moved Liverpool to the next Level. He has won the Cl and got us comfortabally in 3rd position :bowdown

So please be happy supporters :hearts

We are getting there without the Millions that the Blue and Red scum have got and i for one would rather Raffa get us the Premiership by hard graft and not bum hand outs.

Well done Liverpool and all who constructively support this GREAT Team. :buttrock
Flashard

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:23 pm

Just a couple of points. Bolton are the experts at spoiling and having lost their previous three games, it was never ever going to be pretty. FWIW I thought it was quite a professional performance and once again the defence was absolutely watertight. Got to get rid of that zonal marking though, terrible system  :D (isn't it funny how the numpties on Sky don't mention it when we keep clean sheets one after another?)
As for Crouch, I would count the lay off to Fowler as being an assist. He assisted the scoring of the goal so there fore it's an assist, pure and simple. Lastly, I'm absolutely staggered by the fella who doesn't think he's been our most consistent striker. You can argue until you're blue in the face about whether he's truly good enough in the long-term, but this season if he hasn't been our most consistent striker then who has? It really is a most bizarre stance to take.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:30 pm

I do agree that Crouch has been immense, but as i have said id just like to see what would happen if he was played on the wing. Everyone says that he wouldnt play there as he doesnt have the pace, but obviously cisse doesnt have it on the wing either. he is awful there, especially yesterday where he was almost a disgrace. But up front he does score goals. so im not saying crouch is bad at all, but hes played in his favourite position all season so obviously hes gonna be a lot better.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:32 pm

You my friend annoy the :censored: out of me. Do you ever post anything positive? Will you go support Tottenham if Cisse is sold to them? I hope so. If not, change the record.

aiyo-yoh  :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:41 pm

I do agree that Crouch has been immense, but as i have said id just like to see what would happen if he was played on the wing. Everyone says that he wouldnt play there as he doesnt have the pace, but obviously cisse doesnt have it on the wing either. he is awful there, especially yesterday where he was almost a disgrace. But up front he does score goals. so im not saying crouch is bad at all, but hes played in his favourite position all season so obviously hes gonna be a lot better.

:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:11 pm

dawson99 wrote:I do agree that Crouch has been immense, but as i have said id just like to see what would happen if he was played on the wing. Everyone says that he wouldnt play there as he doesnt have the pace, but obviously cisse doesnt have it on the wing either. he is awful there, especially yesterday where he was almost a disgrace. But up front he does score goals. so im not saying crouch is bad at all, but hes played in his favourite position all season so obviously hes gonna be a lot better.

So why did he play amazing against W.B.A on the wing last week?  ???

First of all, Cisse has speed while crouch doesn't! second of all im sure Crouch would play much better than cisse on the wing  :D  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Woollyback wrote:as for the atmosphere it was bizarre. i was in the annie road which is usually ok but the whole place was flat as a pancake

I agree woolly. It was like a morgue in there yesterday, apart from block 202 who sang all day. I was in 203 and tried every now and then to join in, however no one else around me could be bothered. I eventually gave up trying. 

Some lads a few rows behind me spent the first 20 mins discussing the merits of playing Lampard and Gerrard in the same side for england. And yes they were scousers. A guy in front of me was reading the programme when we had a corner ffs.

I don't know why some people even bother going.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedWolf35 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:44 pm

Rock

How old are you 12   ?????

I have been supporting this great team for 30 years, I never had a PC until last year so I was unable to access this marvellous site.

Stick to WWF my friend you probably know more about it

:p
RedWolf35

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Despite the magic goal from Fowler on 45 mins the match was pretty dull, lifeless and pain staking boring. There was no atmosphere whatsoever, it was pretty much a morgue. Despite the boring match and the boring fans who made little or no noise it was a much needed 3 points. Altho 2nd place is too far for us to reach this season sadly. Arsenal needed to beat United yday for us to even get near United and they failed.

I thought Fowler was immense yesterday, he was everywhere on the left hand side, right hand and in the middle. He has the intelligence that a class striker needs. He was getting in great positions that made life hard for the Bolton back four but in particular the back two. He got into a great position to head the ball to Crouch for Crouch to then lay it down to Fowler to strike home, that was probably the best bit of link up play in the match.

Crouch for me didn't have the best of games and I've noticed one thing about Crouch and that's his lack of anticipation e.g when Fowler put a thru-ball into Crouch and Crouch wasn't expecting it and ended up not being able to get to it. I've noticed that a few times this season with Crouch, I dunno whether it's to do with the four strikers constantly being rotated or just Crouch lacks anticipation in his game.

He also missed two golden headers which were sitting on a plate for him. Either side of the goal and it would of gone in, but it was str8 at Jaaskelainen. I also don't understand why Crouch comes in towards the back post when our LM/RM cross the ball into the box. It wud be better if Crouch came towards to near post to get on the end of crosses. That's another observation I've made whilst watching Crouch this season but apart from those two aspects of his game he's looked immense. All he needs is a striker like Defoe to get on the end of his nod downs.

Djibril Cisse was (s)*i*e yet again. Hence Exhibit A. When Reina threw the ball out to Cisse and instead of coming to meet the ball he decided to run on and lost it, then failed to understand why Reina was flaming him. Another incident that happened was when Cisse tried to get past Gardener and instead of playing the ball back to the defence/Finnan and tracking back with the ball he decides to cross around Gardener and it goes out for a goal kick, not to mention he kept losing the ball.....That's probs why he was subbed at half time, because he's ©rap.

He showed in the match just like all his others (expect for CSKA Moscow & West Brom) that he has no intelligence, he has poor vision and can't read the game as well as having worse anticipation than Crouchy, he's absolutely useless and I can't wait until he's sold in the summer.

Alonso was unlucky with his shot and was mom. Great play by Xabi!
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion