Bolton game - We are going to finish where ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:37 am

B®edrider

The moderator made me change me avatar and this sort of censorship reminds me of when I used to live in SA where you could show breasts but not the nipples which shows how cras the law was.

Anyway one day a mag had the bare breast and had stars over the nips, but on another page they photos of the nipples so yer were told (for those who werent quick learners or who were perverted enuff) cut them out and stick them on. The point was it was making fun of cencorship and thats what I feel about this issue.

The excuse used by the moderators is one of young children but how true is this (and I accept there are probably younguns) but are they upset by it, I think not.

I don't agree with abusive behaviour towards each other so the question when to moderate or not is difficult but I fail to see why you are given a choice to use an avatar and then you use it this is a problem.

Also I'm not so sure that the avatar was offensive but then again my wife reckons some peeps might be offended but then again my 8 year old son and daughter thought it was "cool".

Moderators need to be tone down their moderation I reckon but heh it aint my site and if I dont like it I can vote with me finger (which I seem to have suggested to others).

Now I am confewzed. :oops:
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby wiped » Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:21 am

Patience people .... that's what we all need this year (and especially this soon in the season) ..... no kneejerk reactions please ...
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:57 pm

Kinda, your avatar was a bit rude, so just accept the advice gracefully. But you do have a point about it being available on the site. It shouldn't be there if you are not allowed to use it. Suggest that the moderator looks at this apparent 'double standard' ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:29 pm

Redrider

Now I've had me 2nd choice taken away ....must be a good dose of harassement me thinks?
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion