LIVERPOOL VS BOLTON - A tough game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:35 pm

Bolton wanderes is always gonna be a tough game.But them looking to get the final champions league spot is gonna make it all the harder

When we met earlier in the season i have to hold my hands up and say we was lucky to get thr draw.I dont think a draw will be good enough if we want second and hopefully we can walk away from anfeild with all 3.Bolton are a very physical team so heres my line-up

Reina
Finnan                 Carragher         Hyypia         Risse

Alonso           Sissoko        Hamman

Gerrard
                   Crouch                 Cisse

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:40 pm

he just lost last week to our rivals and that didnt help us,i was expecting more from them but they didnt do enought o help us that day :D , probably they will be off-form and we can stride through them with ease :cool:
onizukaeikichi

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:41 pm

--------------------Reina--------------------

Finnan-------Carragher----Hyypia-----Warnock

Kromkamp----Alonso------Sissoko-----Riise----

--------------------Gerrard-------------------

--------------------Cisse---------------------

This would be my formation and starting line up against Bolton. A fair balance between attack and defence.
48-1119859832

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:43 pm

0asis wrote:--------------------Reina--------------------

Finnan-------Carragher----Hyypia-----Warnock

Kromkamp----Alonso------Sissoko-----Riise----

--------------------Gerrard-------------------

--------------------Cisse---------------------

This would be my formation and starting line up against Bolton. A fair balance between attack and defence.

For me i wouldnt start 1 upfront jaidi and ben haim would tear him apart

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:34 pm

if i'm not mistaken, bolton haven't won away from home in the premiership since november. i expect nothing to change here although it'll be a very physical game as it always is against bolton.

reina

finnan      carragher      hyypia         riise

gerrard     alonso          sissoko        kewell

crouch          cisse
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:42 pm

I would keep pretty much the starting 11 from saturday, but with Stevie back in the centre i would  (though it pains me to do so) drop Alonso as I think Momo will be needed in this notoriously physical game

Reina

Finnan      Carra        Hyypia        Risse

Sissoko
Cisse                                        Kewell
                    Gerrard

Fowler         Crouch 

Subs:
Dudek
Kromkamp
Alonso
Garcia
Moro

Edit: Tho i also like st micks team above......
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:44 pm

stmichael wrote:if i'm not mistaken, bolton haven't won away from home in the premiership since november. i expect nothing to change here although it'll be a very physical game as it always is against bolton.

reina

crouch          cisse

i wouldn't change much from that st mick , i'd just have fowler in instead of cisse . Robbie can deal with the phisical stuff better than cisse ,also fowler and crouch would be a more potent partnership imo.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm

stmichael wrote:if i'm not mistaken, bolton haven't won away from home in the premiership since november. i expect nothing to change here although it'll be a very physical game as it always is against bolton.

reina

crouch          cisse

I'd probably go for that team too St Mike, except maybe Fowler in for Cisse.  Although Cisse had a very good game against WBA why do I get the feeling that that's his good performance for April out of the way.

One thing I wouldn't rule out though is Benitez using Cisse down the right again against Bolton.  Left back is a problem position for them - Gardner who usually plays there is a converted winger, Speed who sometimes plays there is slow and Pedersen who has played there recently has been converted from centre forward.  Seeing the damage Cisse did to Robinson at the weekend, Benitez might go for a similar team and give Momo a rest with Gerrard coming back into the centre. 

Don't like the idea of Cisse playing there long term, but it might be an option for this game.  Nevertheless, whether Gerrard or Cisse plays right side I think this could be an area where we'll get a lot of joy.

Anyway, I've barely predicted a correct starting line-up all season so what do I know? :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:01 pm

Bolton are rubbish away from home they conceded 4 against Boro last week, there muscle can only get them so far but they arnt as pysical away from home, dangerous at set pieces and stelios is a danger on the wing.
But only Chelsea have beat us at home so far so I dont expect Bolton to.
Liverpool win 3-1 to us.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:09 pm

to be honest, i normally detest playing bolton. they have the potential to make any game ugly. however i'm actually looking forward to this one, mainly because we're playing well and i'd love to shut that tw@t allardyce up once and for all.

after the game at the reebok he was complaining about our "physical approach" when he's got probably the most physical side in the league.

2-0. gerrard and crouch. :nod
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 pm

Couldn't believe when Allardyce had the cheek to moan about our 'physical approach' last time.  Although I think they get unfair criticism for being a long ball team (which they certainly aren't anymore, they do have some good attacking players), they definitely are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

The reason i don't like Allardyce is that he's one of those managers that NEVER takes responsibility himself when a result goes against his team.  Watch his post-match interviews and see how many times he blames either officials or complains about opposition tactics, it's a joke.  If he ever became England manager the media would pick up on this and slaughter him for it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:54 pm

was impressed with cisse on the weekend, he actually looked up once in a while :laugh: 

id go with cisse and fowler up front, no harm in tryin it out.....and the rest can be usual....we need to win every game obviously, cos even if we don't catch man u and chelsea we'll wanna be as close to them as possible, but u all already know that anyway.

We been lookin good last couple of games tho, except not as sharp for 2nd half against west brom, but thats understandable...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:55 pm

john craig wrote:Couldn't believe when Allardyce had the cheek to moan about our 'physical approach' last time.  Although I think they get unfair criticism for being a long ball team (which they certainly aren't anymore, they do have some good attacking players), they definitely are one of the dirtiest teams in the league.

The reason i don't like Allardyce is that he's one of those managers that NEVER takes responsibility himself when a result goes against his team.  Watch his post-match interviews and see how many times he blames either officials or complains about opposition tactics, it's a joke.  If he ever became England manager the media would pick up on this and slaughter him for it.

yeah thats true, felt Wenger used to be like that too in Arsenal's glory days.

If only all manager's could be as humble as Mourinho  :Oo:
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:57 pm

Reina

Finnan            Carra         Hyypia       Riise

Gerrard           Sissoko       Alonso        Kewell

Fowler     

Cisse
kopite

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:00 pm

Allardyce thinks he's one of the top managers in Europe and the truth is he's not. He loves the sound of his own big fat voice "Oh look at me at poor little old Bolton and what Ive done".
thats just an excuse to make himself look good, them players arnt on pitance but he would have you think they get a tenner a week.
Just fuck off Sam you horrible Troll ogre and your shi.tty @rse alehouse players Kevin Davis and  Faye pair of thugs parading round as footie players feckin joke.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion