Bolton game - We are going to finish where ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:40 pm

Its full of wind up merchants.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:59 pm

For ****** sake, we've played 3 games and people are starting to talk about us finishing mid-table, get a life!! :angry:

We've got rid of a lot of players and brought in a lot too, we need time to gel and get used to Beni's style of play, come back at Christmas and start slating us if were struggling you muppets!
Last edited by Paul C on Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:00 pm

kazza wrote:I thought Baros was selfish today. He had two or three opportunities in the first half to pass to Garcia who was in a good position and failed and lost the ball. That would have set the tone. Second half Garcia saw Baros open and across goal (certain goal) then blazed it wide. It was a bad decision to disallow the goal but lets face it, they did not really play well enough. Second half the team got desperate and had no clue what to do. Even the Spaniards started playing long ball even though Liverpool played five in midfield.

The team will get better as they havn't really trained together. Now we have to wait another two weeks.

Strikers have to be selfish at times, Baros wants to prove himself to Rafa. Cisse missed a chance to equalize it but things like this happen, its the nature of football, deal with it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:10 pm

kindaconfuzed wrote:Did anyone see any swet on Campos face, Im sure that fat ba$tard doesn't do much except stroll around.

How does he get away with it?

I was there today and Campo ran the midfield  ???  Which says a lot about the poor performance of our players !!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:59 am

I was very disappointed with the way we played today, and I think it was a mistake to play both new Spanish players so soon. Alonso OK, but Garcia should have started on the bench.

I've no idea why Warnock was taken off at half time. He was our only threat in the first half. Hamann should have come off and let Stevie play in the middle.

I think Rafa got his tactics very wrong. 5 in midfield played into Bolton's hannds. Our strikers have pace and Bolton's defence is slow. We should have let both Cisse and Baros run at them.

On the bright side, I think this team with a few games under its belt will come together. Alonso picked out Gerrard with a couple of telling passes. We need Stevie to score goals from midfield, so if Alonso can give him the final ball that does it, we'll be dangerous.

Stevie also made a couple of telling passes to Garcia. One which was a goal, the other which he put wide at full stretch.

Dudek had his best game for us for a while, but I fault him for the goal. Any ball rolling though your 6 yard box is the keepers. He again shows no authority in his box. If you wonder why Kirkland is always injured, its because he throws himself at strikers feet. You wont see a ball bounce in his 6 yard box.

I thought Josemi lost his composure in 2nd half. He needs to keep his head and his passing needs to improve.

Traore? What a joke. Cant believe they didnt offload him to the scum. Tripping over the abll at a corner in Bolton's box says it all about this dud.

Lets be patient with the team. I think Alonso playing with Stevie in the middle will be deadly for us. Time for Didi to get used to the bench.
tel

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:58 am

tel wrote:I was very disappointed with the way we played today, and I think it was a mistake to play both new Spanish players so soon. Alonso OK, but Garcia should have started on the bench.

I've no idea why Warnock was taken off at half time. He was our only threat in the first half. Hamann should have come off and let Stevie play in the middle.

I think Rafa got his tactics very wrong. 5 in midfield played into Bolton's hannds. Our strikers have pace and Bolton's defence is slow. We should have let both Cisse and Baros run at them.

On the bright side, I think this team with a few games under its belt will come together. Alonso picked out Gerrard with a couple of telling passes. We need Stevie to score goals from midfield, so if Alonso can give him the final ball that does it, we'll be dangerous.

Stevie also made a couple of telling passes to Garcia. One which was a goal, the other which he put wide at full stretch.

Dudek had his best game for us for a while, but I fault him for the goal. Any ball rolling though your 6 yard box is the keepers. He again shows no authority in his box. If you wonder why Kirkland is always injured, its because he throws himself at strikers feet. You wont see a ball bounce in his 6 yard box.

I thought Josemi lost his composure in 2nd half. He needs to keep his head and his passing needs to improve.

Traore? What a joke. Cant believe they didnt offload him to the scum. Tripping over the abll at a corner in Bolton's box says it all about this dud.

Lets be patient with the team. I think Alonso playing with Stevie in the middle will be deadly for us. Time for Didi to get used to the bench.

Why do you think you know better than Rafa?

He's got nothing wrong in his doing
YOu have to start the spaniards altogether sooner or later
If Garcia didn't play, and then we had also lost, i bet you would have said Garcia should have got his chance.
And remember Garcia actually scored, it was only a quite difficult decision for the linesman. I believe, having seen the replay, the linesman heart say yes it was a goal.

Garcia, Alonso and Josemi played well, and can only improve. As i said before, we didn't play bad, we only conceded one goal and wasn't able to score.
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:09 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
tel wrote:I was very disappointed with the way we played today, and I think it was a mistake to play both new Spanish players so soon. Alonso OK, but Garcia should have started on the bench.

If Garcia didn't play, and then we had also lost, i bet you would have said Garcia should have got his chance.
And remember Garcia actually scored, it was only a quite difficult decision for the linesman. I believe, having seen the replay, the linesman heart say yes it was a goal.

Garcia, Alonso and Josemi played well, and only can improve. As i said before, we didin't play bad, we only cenceded one goal and wasn't able to score.

Get your head out of your a$$. We didnt play well as a team, but will with time.

I'm arguing that we should have played the spaniards together later rather than sooner. Didnt need them to start a game as soon as they got off the plane. IMO Garcia should have come off the bench. He had a couple of chances for us but looked out of sorts in the passage of play and build up, and couldnt hold onto the ball. He will improve but shouldnt have been thrown into the deepend in his first week.

Warnock should not have come off at half time. And Gerrard should play in the middle, not wide on the right. He clearly was unhappy there. Yes, I think Rafa got these 2 things wrong.
tel

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:21 am

anfieldadorer wrote:And remember Garcia actually scored, it was only a quite difficult decision for the linesman. I believe, having seen the replay, the linesman heart say yes it was a goal.

what was difficult, the linesman could see both the player passing and the recipient without moving his head, Garcia was being played on side by TWO defenders, not just one.

having said that we were very poor, why does it always seem that our players have no time on the ball while the oposition can just stroll to our penalty area before we do anything.

its a sad day when we are outplayed by a bunch of misfits. i could accept it if it was a one off but its the norm now for us to be outplayed. its so frustrating
112-1077774096

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:44 am

Anfield Adorer

The reason Raf gets paid is to make those kinda decisions and get it right, which I don't think he did this time.

When you see how many games were lost by Arsenal last year it almost means are season is over before it began so that's what makes me concerned.
I'll take on board yer problem but not yer anger
If it aint funny it aint right
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
Still waitin for the call for the ELITE MEMBERS DISCUSSION (forms in the post?)
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:55 am

Bad Game and Bad Result
However the manager has his new ideas and knows what players he wants and where he wants them to play.
This takes time.
As we have seen he's still trying to off load houliers flops.
The starting 11 seemed (different but) fine to me, however a new formation with new players takes time.
It was the bench that worried me, with the exception of cisse and harrison (because kirkland is injured).
Diao,biscan and traore  arnt players who would throw fear at the oppostion. (i'm more terriefied when they come on).
But i have faith in the manager his CV speaks for it's self.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:08 am

tel wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:

Garcia, Alonso and Josemi played well, and only can improve. As i said before, we didin't play bad, we only cenceded one goal and wasn't able to score.

Get your head out of your a$$. We didnt play well as a team, but will with time.

I'm arguing that we should have played the spaniards together later rather than sooner. Didnt need them to start a game as soon as they got off the plane. IMO Garcia should have come off the bench. He had a couple of chances for us but looked out of sorts in the passage of play and build up, and couldnt hold onto the ball. He will improve but shouldnt have been thrown into the deepend in his first week.

Warnock should not have come off at half time. And Gerrard should play in the middle, not wide on the right. He clearly was unhappy there. Yes, I think Rafa got these 2 things wrong.

Are you also too idiot to only read my post?
Did i say that we played well as a team?
I only said that's this not bad for a start, and it will get better

I only said that Rafa knows what to do
But if you criticize him for what he was doing and say lotsa "should haves", then we should have hired you instead of Rafa.

I've never got my head in the a$$, i was just trying to dig possible positive results from a bad outcome

Get a life!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:44 am

anfieldadorer wrote:
tel wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:

Are you also too idiot to only read my post?
Did i say that we played well as a team?
I only said that's this not bad for a start, and it will get better

I only said that Rafa knows what to do
But if you criticize him for what he was doing and say lotsa "should haves", then we should have hired you instead of Rafa.

I've never got my head in the a$$, i was just trying to dig possible positive results from a bad outcome

Get a life!

What I said was no sense in rushing in new players into the first team before they're settled.

What you did was jump down my throat and accuse me of thinking I'm smarter than Rafa.

There were a few positive results in my original post which if you'd bothered to read through, instead of selectively picking out the ones you that helped your cause
tel

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:09 am

REdridinH

I cant agree with yer comments that Campo and his mates controlled the game in midfield from what I saw we had most of the possession but didn't do much with it.

When our midfield moved up that was when we lost it, which I guess is where I do agree with what yer saying. The link up play and forward play was poor.
I used to have an avatar of a girl rubbing her breasts but it was considered sexist - guys can you just imagine
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby kindaconfuzed » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:11 am

Tel

With you on this one :suspect:
kindaconfuzed
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:14 am

Kinda,goodmorning. Pleased to see that your mum has taken up break dancing. :laugh: :laugh:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion