LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:16 am

Ciggy wrote:
puroresu wrote:I agree its about signing the right players.  Rafa thought Alves was the right player but we wouldnt pay the going rate.  The cheaper option was pennant and at the moment is debatable whether he actually warrents a place in the side.

Totally true Pennants been dissapointing so far.

I must watch different games than some people as I think Pennnant has done more than enough to warrant a starting place every week.  Alls he needs is a decent run in the team not this play one game miss a game.  If he plays more often you will see him improve again.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:55 am

murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
puroresu wrote:I agree its about signing the right players.  Rafa thought Alves was the right player but we wouldnt pay the going rate.  The cheaper option was pennant and at the moment is debatable whether he actually warrents a place in the side.

I must watch different games than some people as I think Pennnant has done more than enough to warrant a starting place every week.  Alls he needs is a decent run in the team not this play one game miss a game.  If he plays more often you will see him improve again.

i think the problem with pennant just comes with his distrbution, his all round play and positioning has been ok
112-1077774096

Postby murphy0151 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:04 am

peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

i think the problem with pennant just comes with his distrbution, his all round play and positioning has been ok

That problem is not only Pennants down fall, Hyypia, Riise Gerrard, Alonso, Carra, have all been below there normal passing standards.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:22 am

murphy0151 wrote:
peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

That problem is not only Pennants down fall, Hyypia, Riise Gerrard, Alonso, Carra, have all been below there normal passing standards.

very true, too many balls going astray but i think its highlighted with pennant when cross after cross fails to find its target
112-1077774096

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:26 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Jerzy wrote:Why should I take unnecessary insults and personal insults from people on here just because they don't like my opinions? I do not start half the confrontations that I'm involved in.
So what you and Sabre are saying is, I can't retaliate to any personal attacks on myself and my opinions, beliefs and preferences, but it's okay for Lando and Saint as well as other idiots to mock me?

I take it this what you're saying? Well I'll tell you something, I'm not as bad as half the people on here make me out to be. How would you like it if your mother was called a "whore" by Lando or someone else. Not only that he mocked my Mexican background with what can only be described as pure racism.

But no that’s perfectly acceptable isn't it? As soon as I call him a fat b.astard, I get a warning or get stick.

Hypocrisy should be punishable by the death penalty.

:no

What was racist about calling your Mother a whore, you thick tw*t?

You know, to say how much you p*ss and whine over other people supposedly "making things up" and "telling lies", you certainly LOVE to be hypocritical.

You post sh*t, I and some others say "you're talking sh*t", and you come back with something like "you thick, uneducated tw*t :D ".

Now, is it me, or is that YOU starting with the insults? I merely state the facts until people start getting shirty.

You diseased worm.

I wasn't referring to calling my mother "a whore" as being racist, you made horrid comments about my background on the whole.

Half the time I don't start insults first, not on this account anyway, granted I did at times on the previous one.

Anyway you're not worth my time, go and start another Karim poll to kill your boredom.

:laugh:
74-1160487249

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:29 am

peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

very true, too many balls going astray but i think its highlighted with pennant when cross after cross fails to find its target

That's not his fault, the strikers and attackers should be in the box. He is a winger, that's his job.
74-1160487249

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:42 am

Jerzy wrote:
peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
peewee wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

That's not his fault, the strikers and attackers should be in the box. He is a winger, that's his job.

maybe the strikers should be in the front row of the anfield road as thats where most of his crosses went yesterday, bur i forgot, you dont watch the games, you just come here to take the p1ss
112-1077774096

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:26 am

Yes, he does have off days, but you didn't mention yesterday, you were speaking on the whole. His crossing has been fairly good as usual, it's not his fault no one gets on the end of them. A winger crosses, yeah, understand? Or should I ask Karim to teach you?  :p
74-1160487249

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:38 am

Jerzy wrote:Or should I ask Karim to teach you?  :p

Why dont you shut the fuck up for once its all me me me me you attention seeking :censored:.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:45 am

murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

no pennant was not playing that bad
how could you be able to pass the ball properly if you are guarded with at least 3 players who would slaughter you to stop you from delivering tha ball? the issue was we could have taken the advantage of the evacuated area left by the players guarding him
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:52 am

Ciggy wrote:
Jerzy wrote:Or should I ask Karim to teach you?  :p

Why dont you shut the fuck up for once its all me me me me you attention seeking :censored:.

I am best friends with Steven Gerrard, so what do ya expect? :D
74-1160487249

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:07 pm

A couple of points here. Firstly, this Jerzy incarnation does nothing to enhance the quality of the boards and make coming on here any more attractive. The lad was a fool in his previous guise and a name change isn't going to alter that. Devoid of any appreciation whatsoever visa-vis the game of Association Football he invariably resorts to infantile attempts to rile everybody up and become the centre of attention. I know under his previous name he was barred and though he has been back only a matter of hours, his exclusion once is again is already long overdue. I trust the moderators will do the necessary before too much longer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:21 pm

The second point is a football one. A draw at Home with Blackburn is not as bad a result as everybody is making out, it simply seems that way because of our appalling Away form. Had somebody told us before the season started that we were going to win three and draw one out of our first four Home games we would have taken that. You can't win every game at Home so it's not a disaster.

Given the fact that Internationals and injuries have disrupted our team pattern along of course with the much debated rotations, it is not too surprising that still we are searching in vain for some fluency, cohesion and defensive solidity. Given the personel available yesterday I would have thought that most people would have gone with just about the same team and I hope that Rafa sticks with just about the same eleven on Wednesday unless of course Agger, Sissoko and Kuyt are available.

It's time now to batten down the hatches. No more experiments with Gerrard playing on the left, no more returns to the ill-fated 4-5-1. It's time to pick what appears to be the strongest team, every time. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we all pretty much know what that team is and those fellas who are unlucky enough to be outside it will just have to bide their time and wait the likely four or five games it will take for the team to start to play well. It would have been nice if we had played that team against Sheff U and Haifa at Home and then we might have had some momentum by now but we didn't, so we are just going to have to bite the bullet and wait for the team to get going.

Like I say, the best team we can put out has only one or two points for debate in my opinion.

Reina

Finnan       Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Gerrard      Alonso       Sissoko  Riise

Kuyt        Crouch/Bellamy

That's about it. Thing is like I say you can't just expect it to gel from day one because it doesn't work like that. Give it time though and it will.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 74-1160487249 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:23 pm

bigmick wrote:A couple of points here. Firstly, this Jerzy incarnation does nothing to enhance the quality of the boards and make coming on here any more attractive. The lad was a fool in his previous guise and a name change isn't going to alter that. Devoid of any appreciation whatsoever visa-vis the game of Association Football he invariably resorts to infantile attempts to rile everybody up and become the centre of attention. I know under his previous name he was barred and though he has been back only a matter of hours, his exclusion once is again is already long overdue. I trust the moderators will do the necessary before too much longer.

Yawn!

I thought better of you, I don't rile people up, if they over-react to my opinions that's their problem. It's not my fault the likes of you cannot take a different point of view is it?
74-1160487249

Postby Thehobo » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:24 pm

i am none of these chumps who you have mentioned
Thehobo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion