LIVERPOOL  V  WEST HAM UNITED - FA CUP FINAL Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 12:58 pm

:no

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Red Baron » Fri May 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Why dont you go the whole hog,and ask Rafa can you be are mascot.Friggin jinx. :D
Last edited by The Red Baron on Fri May 12, 2006 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 1:00 pm

i might have a go at 3:2 liverpool at 44.  :buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Been listening to MacMahon on Tv..... for once, the bleeding bugger's backing us up and talking up a good victory for us.... In the early part of the season, he's done nothing but slag us off...... Real pity how some ex players behave once they get their ugly mugs on the tube........

But I digress......:D

I'm a little worried with all the talk about us just walking all over the hammers on this thread...... The clarets are a decent team and due respect needs to be given..... All I can say is remember frigging Wimbledon!!!!!

Having said that, doesn't mean we need to show TOO much respect......

I've got a tenner down on a 2-0 scoreline in our favour.....

C'mon you RED MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
73-1141222089

Postby red37 » Fri May 12, 2006 5:45 pm

roof at millenium has just been closed as a precaution due to it raining now. also the grass is getting cut at 4am.
the roof may remain shut if its pi55ing down.. which IS forecast.....

catch me later for the shipping forecast.

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Feeney » Fri May 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Duh duh duh, duh duh duh DUH DUH!!!!!!!

C'MON RED MEN!!!!!!  :buttrock

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:52 pm

From SSN:

Liverpool have been handed a boost on the eve of the FA Cup final with Xabi Alonso being included in the squad to face West Ham.

Alonso has been named in Rafa Benitez's squad for the final at the Millennium Stadium after recovering from an ankle injury.

The Spaniard had been sweating over his fitness after being stretchered off against Portsmouth last weekend.

Alonso collapsed in agony in The Reds' 3-1 win over Portsmouth at Fratton just before half-time after appearing to land awkwardly on his ankle.

The former Real Sociedad man has been undergoing intensive treatment in a bid to be fit after missing last season's Carling Cup final through injury.

The classy midfielder is expected to be in Benitez's starting line-up as Liverpool look to end the season on a high by winning the FA Cup for a seventh time.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Fri May 12, 2006 9:57 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:From SSN:

Liverpool have been handed a boost on the eve of the FA Cup final with Xabi Alonso being included in the squad to face West Ham.

Alonso has been named in Rafa Benitez's squad for the final at the Millennium Stadium after recovering from an ankle injury.

The Spaniard had been sweating over his fitness after being stretchered off against Portsmouth last weekend.

Alonso collapsed in agony in The Reds' 3-1 win over Portsmouth at Fratton just before half-time after appearing to land awkwardly on his ankle.

The former Real Sociedad man has been undergoing intensive treatment in a bid to be fit after missing last season's Carling Cup final through injury.

The classy midfielder is expected to be in Benitez's starting line-up as Liverpool look to end the season on a high by winning the FA Cup for a seventh time.

great news :)
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks74 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:21 pm

i wish i hadnt read about the wager  :(

Still i do have faith in the boys to pull it off,its gonna be FAR from easy deffo but we can do it !!  :cool:  :cool:

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS !!!!!!!!!!
shanks74

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:24 pm

We've got a big flag up in the window of the house. 

Reminds me of 1986, I lived down by Scotland Road off Boundary Street at the time and EVERY SINGLE HOUSE in that parish had either red or blue rosettes, scarves, ribbons, you name it....... covering the windows of their houses.  It was great.  Seem to remember jumping up and down a lot that day with the three second half goals.  I was only a kid.

Some proper miserable bastards in my street.  Mine is one of two houses of fifty at the moment doing this.  See what happens tomorrow.
jonnymac1979

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri May 12, 2006 10:39 pm

Good luck to the mighty reds tomorrow and safe journey to all the lads and lasses traveling down to Cardiff . Have a great day boys and girles with lots of celebrating.    COME ON REDMEN...........
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby pur3 rav3r » Fri May 12, 2006 10:46 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:From SSN:

tfft  :)
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat May 13, 2006 12:02 am

FOUND BY XSD

West Ham
West Ham have reached the FA cup final just one season after miserably dragging themselves into the last Championship play-off place with the fans calling for manager Pardew's head. This season has seen a completely new West Ham, with inspired signings like Benayoun and the development of talented youngsters such as skipper Reo-Coker and Marlon Harewood the Hammers have settled instantly into England's top flight. Attacking football has been their trademark throughout the season, this is a relief to all fans of football after clubs such as Bolton and Everton abused the philosophy of anti-football as if it were the only means to make a less wealthy club successful. With European football guarranteed for next season and a midtable finish you may be forgiven for thinking East London's wildest dreams have already been met; this is far from the case as hungry young players such as the inspiration Nigel Reo-Coker want to make the most of a chance at winning their first major silverware, whilst the veteran Teddy Sheringham may view an FA Cup final win against old rivals Liverpool the perfect send off.

Key Goalscorer Harewood has played a major role in his clubs success this season with 16 goals in all competitions.

West Ham, the road to the final:

07 Jan 2006    R3    Norwich       1-2      West Ham   

28 Jan 2006 R4 West Ham 4-2   Blackburn

18 Feb 2006 R5 Bolton             0-0      West Ham

15 Mar 2006 R5 R   West Ham 2-1 Bolton AET

20 Mar 2006 QF Manchester C 1-2 West Ham

23 Apr 2006 SF Middlesbrough 0-1 West Ham

Liverpool FC
For Rafael Benitez and Liverpool building on the cup success of last season with a serious improvement in the league has been the main aim this term. Having achieved that with a club premiership record total of 82 points, bringing home the most important domestic cup in the world would keep the red half of Merseyside smiling all Summer. The season started slowly for the reds, a goal drought coupled with several defeats to London based clubs, being knocked out of the Carling Cup by Crystal Palace and a failed defence of the Champions League have kept the season far from perfect. The majority of Livepool's players will undoubtably relish the chance to add another medal to their collections, especially for players such as Peter Crouch, Mohammed Sissoko, Pepe Reina and Fernando Morientes who missed out on the euphoric European success last term.

Head above the rest: Peter Crouch knocked out Man United in the Quarter Final and West Ham will need to devise a method to defend against the big  man if they are to stop Liverpool from dominating.

Liverpool, the road to the final:

07 Jan 2006    R3    Luton T    3-5    Liverpool   

29 Jan 2006 R4 Portsmouth    1-2     Liverpool

18 Feb 2006 R5 Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd

21 Mar 2006 QF Birmingham   0-7     Liverpool

22 Apr 2006 SF Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Sat May 13, 2006 12:07 am

looking back now, when we were 3-1 down at luton, who could see us being in the final?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 13, 2006 12:15 am

Is it just me or are the hammers really underestimating us?
I dont mind them there fans are ok I have to say that got two hammer fan mates and there sound.
But there fans and players seem to thing that they are gona beat us ???
Now I dont want us to get complacent either and Rafa will have them fully focused and bringing the trophey home then off on their hols.
It just seems to me that they think they are gona batter us :glare:
Which they wont.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion