LIVERPOOL  V  WEST HAM UNITED - FA CUP FINAL Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:58 pm

-Rafa- wrote:Anymore predictions on the scoreline for the FA Cup final?

its gonna be an open game with lots of goals, im going for 4-1 or 4-2 to us, with cisse to score first, maybe kewell
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Wed May 10, 2006 2:50 pm

has anybody seen the design for the shirt for Saturday - or better yet does anyone know where to buy one?
neilE

Postby red37 » Wed May 10, 2006 3:49 pm

what a surprise... that ashton and etherington may both be fit in time for the final  ???

who expected otherwise....... :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Football Mental » Wed May 10, 2006 6:46 pm

Why is the hotel lucky?  Which one is it?
Football Mental

Postby supersub » Wed May 10, 2006 7:08 pm

Football Mental wrote:Why is the hotel lucky?  Which one is it?

During the 2nd World War everything around it was flattened during an air-raid.The hotel itself took a direct hit,twice, but the bombs failed to detonate.Then 25 years later,Tom Jones was staying at the Hotel,when 100 screaming fans invaded the lobby and ripped the kecks from Tom's legs,revealing his huge love tool.The gay concierge claimed that it was the luckiest day the hotel had ever seen despite the great escape of 1941.Strangely that day the film Great Escape was airing on British TV for the 1st time and a lot of the old fogies, who were staying at the hotel, were watching the film when Tom lost his pants.The hotel manager declared that it was lucky for the hotel that nobody of an older generation were in the lobby at the time.
   Good Luck has followed the hotel ever since;even when the countryside of Wales was struck down by foot and mouth,it was lucky for the hotel that no live-stock had pre-booked any rooms for the forthcoming Stereophonics concert.
    Apparently the FA Cup Winners have stayed their on occassion,but there are no specific records or data relating to this phenomenon.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby shanks72 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:17 pm

-Rafa- wrote:Anymore predictions on the scoreline for the FA Cup final?

2 - 1  to us
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed May 10, 2006 9:38 pm

Surprised to see many thinking that we'll beat West Ham with no problems. Two of their past managers recently died and they're realy hungry for the FA Cup.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby pur3 rav3r » Wed May 10, 2006 10:38 pm

if we dont hav a bad night i think it will be 3-1 to us. i think they will get a goal from harewood probs. i think cisse and crouch will score for us.
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu May 11, 2006 11:11 am

Ok so how will rafa approuch this game then?

It depends if Alonso's fit ofcourse! there are two formations that Rafa will have in mind:

If alonso's isnt playing
1) GK: Reina
    DR: Finann
    DC: Hyppia
    DC: Carragher
    DL: Riise

AMR: Cisse
    MC: Gerrard
    MC: Sissoko
    AML: Kewell

FC: Crouch
    FC: Morientes

The reason putting Gerrard and Sissoko in the middle with hamann sub, is to have a holding midfielder that would let Gerrard attack more in the center of the field. With Sissoko having lots of energy and stamina he would have not alot of problems intercepting all the plays and linking with the defence which will lead to Gerrard to have a much creative freedom to pass the ball around and creating opportunities. Although Hamann can do that better, Rafa's prefered choice is Sissoko. The reason I put cisse on the wing, because he is capable of closing down that right flank with his pace, and I realized that he is getting better in crosses, so he can whip in crosses to crouch and morientes. Kewell will be a big key player for us in the final, we have seen him terrorize number of opposition this season especially against chelsea and we need him to do the samething against west ham. Crouch and Morientes need to try to hold the ball to bring in the flanks and Gerrard forward which will create more opportunities. We need to try to close down the defence with out strikers to give them more pressure. If Alonso is fit for the final, i would give Cisse a strike partnership with Crouch in order for him to close down the defence using his pace.

On the other hand, We need to watch out for Yussi Benyoun and Asthon. We know that Benyoun is a threat, and i think he will play as a left mid, therefore finann should not lose concentration or he will be exposed. Rafa needs to be cautious on which players he need to tell them to go forward. IMO Finann should stay solid and go forward when he is needed, because if he goes attacking too much we would see him play out position would create a problem for us in the right flank. As for Ashton, he is going to play through the pain, but Carra or Hyppia won't go lightly on him! he is capable of surprising us with his movement and both of our commanding center back should watch out for that.

As for set pieces, let crouch close down the goalie when its a corner for us, because it will create alot of problems for him and he would lose concentration if the right corner came for us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Thu May 11, 2006 2:28 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:Surprised to see many thinking that we'll beat West Ham with no problems. Two of their past managers recently died and they're realy hungry for the FA Cup.

It will be a tough game. I just hope we can stay one step ahead of them and take the cup.

Heard on the Sky Sports news lunch time that Rafa may not risk playing Alonso and that he is due to have some more tests tomorrow.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:23 am

yeah we will find out today either way. he deserves to play more than most after missing the worthless cup with an injury as well.

come on alonso, we wanna see u play in cardiff!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri May 12, 2006 9:33 am

3-1 to us in what will be hopefully a free flowing final

YNWA
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:38 am

Does anyone no what colour we will be playing in ???

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:43 am

we are in red, west ham in white
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri May 12, 2006 9:47 am

I reckon we win 4 - 1.

I Smell two goals from Cisse, a Gerrard goal and one from Moro too.  :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion