LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM - Possible fa cup final rehearsal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:15 am

im not having a go at sissoko, but usually he is the muscle behind the more skillfull players and last night he threaded a couple of class passes. When i say rash i mean he is just a young player, a clean slate which is yet to be moulded into the player he will become.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pakat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:42 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Garcia was to blame for both of the geting sent off, i feel if he had not rolled all over the floor they would not have got sent off.

Garcia been donig this a bit too much jusy of late, he only has to feel a player coming up on him and he starts to go down, if he dont stop it he will start to be called Drogba .

Neither player should of been sent off, especially Garcia. Regardless of the play acting, diving is not a straight red offence. So the ref must of sent him off for something else, maybe for the fracas afterwards.

The referee was stupid. He should of given each a yellow and be done with it. The game hadn't had a single yellow prior to that. I went to the game but had to sit with the home fans, not the best situation but at least you get to see the game. Even the West Ham fans thought the red cards we're a stupid decision.

Hopefully the FA will be reasonable and rescind both

But Mullins raised his hand to garcia's face very hard and garcia fell on the floor.  So in my opinion, Garcia should have gotten a yellow card for the foul on mullins, and mullins should have gotten a red card for raising his hands.
Pakat

Postby sendô WHU » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:42 am

Bit disappointed as I was hoping to get a point out of this one, but it wasn't to be. Quite pleased overall though, despite the loss. Firstly, even though we conceeded the early goal we managed to get back into it, something liverpool are well known for not letting teams do. Also, both Cisses goals should probably have been saved (we need Carroll back). We were ripped apart on our right for the first goal, but Scaloni shouldn't play in the final (please please no Scaloni in the final) so we should be ok there. There was some good link up play which the liverpool defence couldn't deal with, which led to our goal.

But most importantly, now that we have lost the league game it must be odds on that we'll win the cup match.   :D
sendô WHU

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:57 am

No way man.

You guys are major underdogs.

But you may surprise us.. Football has a way of doing things..

Us Liverpool fans know that. :D

Hope not though.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:00 am

major underdogs..............:D :D
darwisigila

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:07 am

Pakat wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Garcia was to blame for both of the geting sent off, i feel if he had not rolled all over the floor they would not have got sent off.

Garcia been donig this a bit too much jusy of late, he only has to feel a player coming up on him and he starts to go down, if he dont stop it he will start to be called Drogba .

Neither player should of been sent off, especially Garcia. Regardless of the play acting, diving is not a straight red offence. So the ref must of sent him off for something else, maybe for the fracas afterwards.

The referee was stupid. He should of given each a yellow and be done with it. The game hadn't had a single yellow prior to that. I went to the game but had to sit with the home fans, not the best situation but at least you get to see the game. Even the West Ham fans thought the red cards we're a stupid decision.

Hopefully the FA will be reasonable and rescind both

But Mullins raised his hand to garcia's face very hard and garcia fell on the floor.  So in my opinion, Garcia should have gotten a yellow card for the foul on mullins, and mullins should have gotten a red card for raising his hands.

It was all handbags. Ridiculous. Garcia made a meal of being pushed in the face, Mullins probably wished he was pushing someone taller then he might not of made contact with a face!

Howard Webb is supposed to be one of the better referees in the league, if he had used any common sense he would of seen that their hadn't been 1 bad incident prior to that clash. The FA need to step in
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:07 am

dawson99 wrote:im not having a go at sissoko, but usually he is the muscle behind the more skillfull players and last night he threaded a couple of class passes. When i say rash i mean he is just a young player, a clean slate which is yet to be moulded into the player he will become.

he is raw i admit. but still id call sissoko an unpolished diamond.. did you see when he crossed the ball in from left wing with the outside of his right boot! caused havoc TWICE.
it was great to see his passing finding players in space also.
much to improve, yeah. but the lad will be massive one day.

as for cisse, he has a major point to prove to france so id play him in the final yes. he actually did well on the left?
not too different to henry when he started to click in the prem.... we'll see. maybe it isnt stitched on that rafa will get rid of him at all.
though sounding unfair to him, id be struggling to see cisse scoring for fun and enjoying his game/life without a major tournament to aspire up to.   ???  so in that respect use him while he looks hungry.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:09 am

arent west ham of inter city firm fame ??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:24 am

yes, Tthe I.C.F and they are still about but they are all old now lol.
i had to stand in the south bank with them once, west ham beat us 4-1 and knocked us out. when we got a pen i jumped up and got some bad looks but they all seemd to leave before the end of the game....to smash yo the liverpool coaches, bit like what we did to the a few weeks late when we beat them and sent them down to the old div 1.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:29 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:31 pm

stmike theres a meet girls in london thing on it. I'll have to email dawson, as he lives in london

he needs a bird :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Fowler still can't play 90 mins of football....he's been here 3 months now, what's going on?  ???

Did Robbie go out with your girlfriend before you mate?

'Cos the stick you give him makes me think she keeps telling you he was dynamite in bed.  ???

i just want us to have a shot at the title next year and to do that we'll need a squad of player to take us through 50+ matches.  If Fowler stays, he's going to be an important part of our team...he'll be one of our major strikers.  Before Fowler came off, he sprinted half the pitch and got on the end of Cisse's cross, heading it wide....after he looked like he was about to collapse.  If he can't play 90 mins of football after 3 months of training, what is going to be different next year?  I'm worred we'll be in a injury position where Fowler might be our only avilable striker....what we going to do, take him off after 3/4 of the match because he can't play a complete match?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:22 pm

For me the best thing about last night was beating them without Alonso and Gerrard.  Bit of a message to the hammers ahead of the final. 

The millenium is a big pitch and this will suit both teams but with Sissoko rampaging about and Alonso releasing Gerrard and Kewell its gonna be a long 90 mins for their defence.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:25 pm

Last nights game is on Sky sports1 now.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:39 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:Fowler still can't play 90 mins of football....he's been here 3 months now, what's going on?  ???

Did Robbie go out with your girlfriend before you mate?

'Cos the stick you give him makes me think she keeps telling you he was dynamite in bed.  ???

i just want us to have a shot at the title next year and to do that we'll need a squad of player to take us through 50+ matches.  If Fowler stays, he's going to be an important part of our team...he'll be one of our major strikers.  Before Fowler came off, he sprinted half the pitch and got on the end of Cisse's cross, heading it wide....after he looked like he was about to collapse.  If he can't play 90 mins of football after 3 months of training, what is going to be different next year?  I'm worred we'll be in a injury position where Fowler might be our only avilable striker....what we going to do, take him off after 3/4 of the match because he can't play a complete match?

If you look at players on the whole, they DO look ready to come off for about a minute after a sprint. Their stamina levels then kick-in, and they recover their breath, ergo are able to continue.

If you watch Riise, he looks totally sh*gged after the first sprint of the match, but he is possibly the fittest player in England.

Robbie could finish a game, but Rafa literally never finishes the game with the same strikers that started it. Look at last season - Baros hardly ever completed 90 minutes when Cisse was available.

Don't confuse Rafa's tactics with a lack of fitness.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion