Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RedAnt » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm

Reg » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:27 pm wrote:Communists Leon, bl.oody communists the lot of them.   :laugh:

Hey, we're all reds here :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:24 pm wrote:48% of people on this forum thought Rodgers should be sacked.

those people should come forward and be asked to leave.

Should have read this post before I gave you a vote  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am

Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:48% of people on this forum thought Rodgers should be sacked.

You would think that Rodgers had won us the treble the way some of you are behaving.   :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:39 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:06 pm

eds » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:17 am wrote:
Leonmc0708 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:48% of people on this forum thought Rodgers should be sacked.

You would think that Rodgers had won us the treble the way some of you are behaving.   :no

you'd think we were in danger of relegation the way some of you are behaving. :no

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Liverpool FC pair Brendan Rodgers and Philippe Coutinho nominated for Manager and Player of the Month

Philippe Coutinho and Brendan Rodgers have been nominated for the Barclays Player and Manger of the Month awards for February.

Reds boss Rodgers is one of four nominees for the managers’ award, while Coutinho heads the six-man shortlist for the players’ version.

Rodgers, who guided the Reds to two wins and a draw from their three Premier League fixtures in February, will face competition from Swansea City’s Garry Monk, who he faces on Monday night, Steve Bruce of Hull City and new West Bromwich Albion boss Tony Pulis.

Coutinho, meanwhile, will go up against Spurs striker Harry Kane, who won the award for January, Dame N’Doye of Hull, Arsenal star Mesut Ozil and West Brom goalkeeper Ben Foster. Former Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey, now of Swansea, is also shortlisted.

Coutinho’s games in February included appearances against Everton, Spurs and Southampton, in the latter scoring with a glorious long range shot. His winner against Man City though will not count towards the award as it was played a day late, on March 1.

The last Liverpool players to pick up Player of the Month were Steven Gerrard and Luis Suarez, who shared the award back in March 2014. Rodgers picked up the managers’ award that month, his third in total and second with Liverpool.

The winners will be announced at 10am on Friday morning.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:50 pm

eds » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:17 am wrote:

Some people however still think that is our measure.

We are miles behind the glory days of 70's and 80's when a bad year was coming second.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:35 pm

I voted no, but have no problem in admitting that I have had my doubts about BR.

Indeed, when we dropped down the table and our team looked clueless, I was fearing the worst. Were'nt we 14 points behind Manure at one stage?

But fair due to BR, he's turned it around. A top 4 finish and a cup would be an amazing achievement and I really think we can do it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:31 pm

I voted yes with the caveat that he should be given until the end of this season before any of us start calling for his head.

As things (now) stand if we secure a top four finish, which looks far more of a possibility than it did a few months back, I'll applaud BR, say it's a job well done and be more than happy to see how we continue under his leadership next season.

However, failure to secure a place at footy's top table (champions league) for next season will do nothing to allay my doubts about BR's managerial ability.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:06 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:31 pm wrote:I voted yes with the caveat that he should be given until the end of this season before any of us start calling for his head.

As things (now) stand if we secure a top four finish, which looks far more of a possibility than it did a few months back, I'll applaud BR, say it's a job well done and be more than happy to see how we continue under his leadership next season.

However, failure to secure a place at footy's top table (champions league) for next season will do nothing to allay my doubts about BR's managerial ability.

Pretty much how I see it. I have serious doubts but recent league performances are certainly encouraging. But it might not be down to Rodgers, and certainly not soley down to him. There's a lot up in the air that's yet to land.
I think he deserves manager of the month anyway.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 pm

RedAnt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:31 pm wrote:I voted yes with the caveat that he should be given until the end of this season before any of us start calling for his head.

Pretty much how I see it. I have serious doubts but recent league performances are certainly encouraging. But it might not be down to Rodgers, and certainly not soley down to him. There's a lot up in the air that's yet to land.

I'm sure if we were losing every week you'd be giving Brendan the 'credit'  :;):
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:44 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 pm wrote:

I'm sure if we were losing every week you'd be giving Brendan the 'credit'  :;):

That seems a tad naive from you Yakka. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that what matters is performances from individuals and the team and that those things are influenced massively by the coaching staff and management. There's a whole structure in place and Brendan is the manager of that structure and many of it's parts we're put in place by him.
For myself I don't know the structure intimately enough to discuss all the little bits and pieces of it in detail. But I've watched enough football in my life to have my own opinions. I've given BR credit haven't i? Like I said to you elsewhere, my idea of success doesn't necessarily tie in with yours.
RedAnt

Postby Boocity » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:10 am

I'll go along with that, I still have reservations about him against European clubs, dismal failure this year and much more of the same from all English clubs and we will be having to get into the top 3 in future. Also he should keep some things within the club, he doesn't need to criticise any of his players through the media.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:17 am

Pretty much spot on Wolf.

If BR can get us 4th after such a disastrous start to the season he deserves to stay but massive questions will still remain, particularly on future signings and how we ensure our better players don't leave.

If he stays on he can't afford to make any more mistakes and and needs to beef up our starting XI not our squad! More importantly we need to get the blocks early next season and avoid the same shambles we saw in the CL this season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:21 am

Fair comments Woof/Eds.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion