Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RedAnt » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:06 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:26 pm wrote:The Champions League was ALWAYS going to be an uphill struggle after so many years out. I'll admit I was disappointed not to see us break out of the group stage, but that's life. The important thing now is to retain CL status.

I agree with that. And BR, being a CL virgin can be forgiven to an extent, provided he learns a thing or two. But I maintain, had we used the Suarez fee and freed up wages more wisely then we might have had a better shot at it. To go into the new season so unprepared is an example of how far off the pace BR is in regards to CL football. I doubt he'll have that much money to play with next year and he'll need to be very shrewd indeed to prepare for the next one, assuming we qualify that is...
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:24 pm

BR himself made the promises to the Owners about winning the EPL and CL this season.

BR hasn't won anything yet, so we'll see what happens in the summer (even if LFC get 4th etc, he may still be shown the door).

The Owners didn't give him all that money to spend so LFC could (potentially) come 4th in the league, it was for the EPL title challenge. This is what BR promised them. Essentially, they gave all that money to him even though it is costing LFC in terms of FFP becuase BR made those promises.  The Owners are not happy with 4th (especially after last season).

The Owners (and BR) were fully aware that LS, as good as he was, wanted to go more then 12 months ago becouse of his antics and other things, and let him go at the end of last season. They are aware LS was often getting into trouble such as serving 8 (or there abouts) game bans, dragging LFC through the pits by considering taking the club to court (which he actually did at a previous club) and many other things. 

BR knew full well that DS, becuase of the type of player he is, was likely to get injured at some point but didn't plan appropriately.  LS and DS situation needed addressing, but it wasn't.

The Owners know that a lot of money has been spent, and know that BR decided to go for potential rather then the 3 or 4 ready made players to really challendge for the EPL and CL. Yet BR thought the 'potential' would help LFC go the distance and actually come away with the title.

The Owners know full well that prize money for LFC is being withheld from them (in relation to CL I believe).

The Owners know full well that LFC are being investigated right now and may have more sanctions imposed on the club.

They know full well that LFC have significant debt, and right now, it's buy to sell. If no one can be sold in the summer, no one will be coming to LFC.

a lot of the activities have already be taken away from BR (as part ofthe review) that a DoF would do. It only makes sense that a DoF be appointed and actually make it official. Let BR just be the Head Coach.  If BR can accept a DoF and the required help that he needs, than he could be here  next season, if not, he will be shown the door.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:BR himself made the promises to the Owners about winning the EPL and CL this season.

BR hasn't won anything yet, so we'll see what happens in the summer (even if LFC get 4th etc, he may still be shown the door).

The Owners didn't give him all that money to spend so LFC could (potentially) come 4th in the league, it was for the EPL title challenge. This is what BR promised them. Essentially, they gave all that money to him even though it is costing LFC in terms of FFP becuase BR made those promises.  The Owners are not happy with 4th (especially after last season).

The Owners (and BR) were fully aware that LS, as good as he was, wanted to go more then 12 months ago becouse of his antics and other things, and let him go at the end of last season. They are aware LS was often getting into trouble such as serving 8 (or there abouts) game bans, dragging LFC through the pits by considering taking the club to court (which he actually did at a previous club) and many other things. 

BR knew full well that DS, becuase of the type of player he is, was likely to get injured at some point but didn't plan appropriately.  LS and DS situation needed addressing, but it wasn't.

The Owners know that a lot of money has been spent, and know that BR decided to go for potential rather then the 3 or 4 ready made players to really challendge for the EPL and CL. Yet BR thought the 'potential' would help LFC go the distance and actually come away with the title.

The Owners know full well that prize money for LFC is being withheld from them (in relation to CL I believe).

The Owners know full well that LFC are being investigated right now and may have more sanctions imposed on the club.

They know full well that LFC have significant debt, and right now, it's buy to sell. If no one can be sold in the summer, no one will be coming to LFC.

a lot of the activities have already be taken away from BR (as part ofthe review) that a DoF would do. It only makes sense that a DoF be appointed and actually make it official. Let BR just be the Head Coach.  If BR can accept a DoF and the required help that he needs, than he could be here  next season, if not, he will be shown the door.

Some interesting stuff there Kash, although I doubt BR would walk out over the appointment of a DoF.

Two months ago I would have agreed that BR would be shown the door in the summer, but now I'm confident we'll make the CL again and I'm pretty sure BR will be here next season. However, there's still a long way to go and a run of 3 or 4 games without a win will be all that's needed to dump us into midtable.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Interesting article. Includes some of the things i've said previously, extensive revie of the club etc, anyway, what do you think?

Potential Re-Shuffle at LFC - Summer:

http://www.football-news-views.co.uk/fo ... ool-fc.php

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:39 pm

We almost won the title last season.  Missed out by like 2 points.  In the process we thrashed half our opponents.
Since the turn of the year we have title winning form again.

This tells me that we had a 4 month blip while coming to terms with losing Suarez and Sturridge and new players not able to find their feet as quickly as we'd hoped. 

Will lose faith in football if Rodgers gets the boot this summer.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm wrote:Interesting article. Includes some of the things i've said previously, extensive revie of the club etc, anyway, what do you think?

Potential Re-Shuffle at LFC - Summer:

http://www.football-news-views.co.uk/fo ... ool-fc.php

Think I agree with almost of what's said there but do have reservations about the whole Manager v DoF + Head Coach scenario.

Maybe that's the way modern footy is headed and old fellas like me wil just have too get used to it.

Either way, Cheers Kash, a VERY interesting article we all should read.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:17 am

good read that and a few interesting proposals but not so sure the whole lot could be implemented in one go. The D.O.F would be a good start and the most crucial IMO. Player recruitment has been Rodgers major weakness and he needs the help but whether he will acknowledge that is another thing.

I don't know if those exact names would be our icing but surely the club can find an acceptable D.O.F and between them they can find suitable improvements for whats needed.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:51 am

If a DOF would avoid the massive amount of money we waste on buying and paying non performing players then I'm for it.

As for bringing in 3 fat Spanish waiters, may as well bring back the original!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am

Yeah Kash,
That is a very interesting read. Inspires a bit of optimism for the future.
I hope someone at FSG reads it.
You should email the link to them.  :D
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 am

Job to big for Rodgers?

No.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:25 pm

We can hire a DOF.  We'll still have bad signings as long as we are not prepared to pay the top fees and top wages. 
Are signings are always high risk because we gamble on cheaper / younger players.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Who is Adam Jones? I would just like to know on who's authority is he speaking for the owners? The owners have already identified this and that? How does he know? The owners are already reviewing and evaluating this massive reshuffle? Where is the proof? It's a pure speculative material and poor journalism... The article is of the standard which any of newkit posters could have written and some even alot better...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:38 pm

maguskwt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Who is Adam Jones? I would just like to know on who's authority is he speaking for the owners? The owners have already identified this and that? How does he know? The owners are already reviewing and evaluating this massive reshuffle? Where is the proof? It's a pure speculative material and poor journalism... The article is of the standard which any of newkit posters could have written and some even alot better...

exactly, way too many people (both on and off this board) that profess to have inside knowledge and information on what the owners are thinking. like you say, the vast majority of it is easily fabricated by anyone in posession of a brain.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 pm

andy_g » Feb 25th, '15, 13:38 wrote:
maguskwt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Who is Adam Jones? I would just like to know on who's authority is he speaking for the owners? The owners have already identified this and that? How does he know? The owners are already reviewing and evaluating this massive reshuffle? Where is the proof? It's a pure speculative material and poor journalism... The article is of the standard which any of newkit posters could have written and some even alot better...

exactly, way too many people (both on and off this board) that profess to have inside knowledge and information on what the owners are thinking. like you say, the vast majority of it is easily fabricated by anyone in posession of a brain.

Thought the article was spot on about a lot of things. I don't know who Adam is, but I can assure you that there is a full top down review going on at LFC right now. The Owners are making changes as the review happens and the recommendations are made. And no, i'm not going to name names as to how I know. It won't be reported in the Press right no, can you imagine the headlines - 'LFC Owners are heading up a full review and making extensive changes following a disastrous start to the season, and will 'likely' implement a DoF' the Club doesn't need that kind of spotlight (though maybe it will in the Press in couple of months time when the season is over). You'll just have to wait and see till then. The Owners are not happy at all having spent a lot of money and not challenging for the EPL of CL. They are not happy at coming 4th. Maybe some fans are happy, but most aren't and the Owners are not. Promises have been made by BR, and they will not be fullfilled (coming 4th was not one of those promises).  If BR can accept help and work as a Head Coach (he is a good coach, rubbish Manager), then perhaps he'll still be around. Just wait and see what happens come the end of the season.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby andy_g » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 pm wrote:The Owners are not happy at all having spent a lot of money and not challenging for the EPL of CL. They are not happy at coming 4th. Maybe some fans are happy, but most aren't and the Owners are not. Promises have been made by BR, and they will not be fullfilled (coming 4th was not one of those promises).

last season we challenged for the league and this season isn't over by a long shot. this imaginary review the owners are supposedly planning strikes me as a little premature and baseless, to be honest. excuse my scepticism.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion