JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 pm

metalhead » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm wrote:A truly wonderful servant for our club, these days his passion and loyalty are irreplaceable

Legend, YNWA

+1  Nothing more to add.  :bowdown  He'll go down in folklore for his effort, character what he did and what people will say he did.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 pm

He has been a great servant to the club. Hope he does stick around in some capacity at LFC.

YNWA. Proper legend.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby friendlyguy33 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:46 pm

A legend and an inspiration well done Jamie.
friendlyguy33

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Jamie Carragher is one of a dying breed. A one club man with honour and integrity but most of all loyalty to the club which made him what he is. He has won every domestic and European trophy he has been involved in except a league title. Not bad for a scally from Bootle. A gentleman, a Liverpool legend and a future manager of LFC. Well in Carra!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby dundreamin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 pm

I have had the honour of meeting him a couple of times in the sally in marsh lane with his dad philly and in the Hypa bar in Bootle a few years ago. No airs or graces from him because he,s ONE OF US.this was through my ex brother in law who knew Philly. Always remember he txt me from my brother in laws phone( for obvious reasons) the Friday night after Istanbul from Yates on Stanley road. A top bloke who I put above stevie. If anyone deserved a prem title medal it,s him. END OF A ERA. WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF CARRAGHERS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:53 pm

I have had the honour of meeting him a couple of times in the sally in marsh lane with his dad philly and in the Hypa bar in Bootle a few years ago. No airs or graces from him because he,s ONE OF US.this was through my ex brother in law who knew Philly. Always remember he txt me from my brother in laws phone( for obvious reasons) the Friday night after Istanbul from Yates on Stanley road. A top bloke who I put above stevie. If anyone deserved a prem title medal it,s him. END OF A ERA. WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF CARRAGHERS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 am

if he does end up working for sky they will have to start using subtitles :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 am

True legend of the club, will be remembered for his leadership qualities, work rate, determination, loyalty and most important......the hoof  :laugh: ....it did the job just smacking the ball down the field but I would preferred some silky passing out from the back.

Given the news of Carra's retirement at the end of the season & Skrtel being dropped & most likely on his way out, I'm guessing we will be in for 2 new defenders in the summer. We are already being linked to every defender in Europe.
killerp

Postby Dalglish » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 am

There aren't enough players like Jamie Carragher in the modern game and its the poorer for it.

In an era where the sport labels players legends far too prematurely Jamie Carragher deserves that platitude for his loyal and long career as Number 23.

We sing on the KOP "we all dream of a team of Carraghers" for a reason. Above almost any other player I can think of he is the one player that fans relate to and believe to be like them. He has that ability to relate to and understand what makes a fan tick. If you have read his book you will know he was a staunch Blue and grew up in Bootle. Now a Freeman of Sefton he is allowed to (amongst other things) allowed to walk his sheep through the borough unimpeded ! 

I saw him make his debut (and score) against Villa I think and you just knew he was going to make it. He grew up and learnt the game alongside Michael Owen and Stevie Gerrard and matched their desire and commitment if lacking their extraordinary natural ability.

If one match epitomized Jamie Carragher it was Istanbul 2005 when he gave a performance that was simply outstanding. I will never forget his slide tackle to clear an AC Milan attack in extra time and have to receive treatment before doing the exact same thing again from the resulting corner !

Loyalty is a dying art in the modern game and alongside players like Stevie G, Matt Le Tissier, Scholes and Giggs we have been blessed and honoured to have witnessed his significant contribution to the Beautiful Game.

"We all dream .....................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Entourage » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 am

I'm going to miss his screaming that echoes around Anfield when he is giving someone a bollocking or he's telling the Lads to do something.

In all seriousness the man is a leader and more importantly is a man of LFC, he may of been a boyhood Blue but he has grown up a Red and knows what our Football Club is about and what it was built on. When I was at School and we used to play 3 a side I never used to call myself Gerrard, Owen or anyone apart from Carragher, I loved what he used to do, nothing over the top but whatever he did, he did properly.

Everyone has said his performance v AC in Istanbul is their best memory of Carra, thats mine too by a Country mile, seeing the Lad lie there with cramp in both legs, get up to make a clearance to lie back down again proved what he was, a Warrior.

My two other favourite Carra moments were his Penalty vs Birmingham City in the 2001 Worthington Cup Final, top corner in Sudden Death!! And his tackle on Nani when we beat the Scum 3-1 with Kuyts hat-trick, it was a disgusting tackle but I absolutely loved it and cheered (I know thats wrong).
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby Octsky » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 am

he retire too early IMO. we still need his experience to shoot us to top 4.
he is a club and city legend.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:23 am

One of those rare breeds who was a club legend long before he hung up his boots

Walk on Carra hopefully into off field leadership
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am

I think it is the right time for Carragher to retire. He knew that because of his age his performances wouldnt be as good as say from 2009-2010 back. He didnt want to end up like the likes of Michael plying his trade for a team like stoke.

Carragher has retired with the credibility he deserves playing for one on the top teams in Europe

Thank you Jamie

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:59 am

Octsky » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:31 am wrote:he retire too early IMO. we still need his experience to shoot us to top 4.
he is a club and city legend.

yes we need him....but he dont need us
by that i mean he dont need to put his body on the line every week

I think he had two game on the run to test himself out, i take it that he did not like the results.

he is in the top of all time best players for the club.
good luck to him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 am

Some nice  tributes to Carra,  but too much focus on his undoubted passion, leadership and commitment, and not enough on the fact that at his peak he was an outstanding central defender and one of the best in the world. He isn't credited enough for his ability.

The Carra/Hyypia partnership is in the same bracket as Hansen/Lawrenson for me.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion