Jamie carragher going to world cup

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:14 pm

bigmick wrote:Terry's the best centre half in the Premiership by quite a distance IMHO

stopped reading here.. sorry Mick but Terry is awful!! hes a dirty slow cheat whos not very good
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat May 08, 2010 1:20 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Terry's the best centre half in the Premiership by quite a distance IMHO

stopped reading here.. sorry Mick but Terry is awful!! hes a dirty slow cheat whos not very good

I also dont agree at all with you on this one mick.
Carvalho like Daws has said covers him so much.
Terry gets beaten far too easily these days and gives away more fouls then Dawson i think.
His reputation is something that gets him the plaudits for me.
I think he could be a liability for England in the summer, i really do.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Big Niall » Sat May 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Ferdinand has a lot of skill but is a coward. Terry has been in terrible form this year and Carra isn't the player he was 3 years ago.

i'd prefer Carra to rest over the Summer, I don't think England have a chance of winning the world cup so he is better off resting.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Rockthekop wrote:He wasn't picked because he had better players ahead of him, Terry and Ferdinand

He was good enough to play for England but there was just two players that bit better, possibly three.

Ferdinand ? Better ? Perhaps because he was on non-prescription drugs at the time, the cheatin' get, but there's no way anybody would convince me Ferdinand is better...
Apart from the fact that he's a total ku.nt !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 08, 2010 1:44 pm

dawson99 wrote:

i think more of a point is that his mind is not in it anymore, if you look at him over his last ten games he has been making a lot of mistakes, he has got lucky that most of the time he has been able to make up for them within secs, he has also been found out of position.
the state of his anger is a big problem, he seems to carry it for over 10mins, during this time he is at damger of getting sent off or giving away a pen.

use him but at risk.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat May 08, 2010 1:54 pm

bigmick wrote:I think if we had him we wouldn't be languishing in seventh, we'd be challenging for the title.

Chelsea have scored 95 goals to our 61. How would a change in CB have us challenging for the title?

I think Carra had an awful start to the season but has done well (along with the rest of our defence in the second half). I don't think Terry's had a great season this year but do agree that normally he's a superb defender, a good captain (better than Stevie for me) and usually contributes a few goals.

I'd love to see Carra at the World Cup, why the hell not, brilliant servant to the club and he deserves to enjoy playing on footballs greatest stage especially after the misery of being at Anfield for the past season.

It's not all about whether he can displace Terry and Ferdinand. It's highly likely Ferdinand will be injured at some stage and who steps up then? Upson? Lescott? Wes Brown? Richards? Shawcross? Who else is there, I know who I'd pick.

Go on Carra!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 pm

bigmick wrote:Terry's the best centre half in the Premiership by quite a distance

:laugh:

Stick him in our back four and you might change your opinion, IMHO his team mates at Chelsea have made him look far better than he actually is.

He's good Mick, but not that good.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

I actually think a properly imposing centre half would make a HUGE difference to our team mate. It would mean a possible end to the dreaded Lucas/Masherano axis for a start, as well as meaning we didn't have palpatations every time we conceded a corner. I think it would enable us to be much more attacking than we are, and it's no coincidence that those teams with the best centre halves normally contest the league title.

I know and understand why people are a bit "anti" where Terry is concerned, but I've seen a few Chelsea games over the last few weeks and in the main I think he's been excellent (with the exception of the Spurs match). He remains for me the best centre half around right now.

I'd like to see us having a sneaky look at Carvallho in the Summer. I think he'd be a good player for us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 08, 2010 2:23 pm

For me personally Michael Dawson has quite comfortably been the best English defender in the Premiership ,I don't  rate Terry at all his positioning is all over the place ffs even Babel would have skinned him last week if it wasn't for the timely intervention of Alex :D I would however agree with Mick on Carvalho who I have always thought a top defender who reads the game better than most
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sat May 08, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:27 pm

It's probably the last time he'll ever get to play at the WC and he'd be another LFC player to look out for so I'm for it in that sense. I'm not sure how often he'd play though and there is one other very legit option in Michael Dawson. At the end of it I suppose you'd plump for Carra's experience and versatility.

As for who the best CB in the prem is, Ferdinand when he's fit and on form (if you think back before his injuries he was absolutely outstanding). Otherwise Carvalho and Vidic. I don't think Terry is as weak as others have said it's just that the others are better.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sat May 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Don't do it Carra. Tell them to :censored: off.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Sat May 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Fabio Cappello is a much better manager than England's recent managers and the fact he's made numerous attempts to get Carra out of retirement just shows you that he rates him.

Personally I'd much rather have Carra and King in the sqaud than Upson, Lescott, Brown, Dawson and Shawcross.
eonerf

Postby tubby » Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 pm

Well he didn't rate him before did he? Id rather him, Stevie and Glen all pick up a knock just before they are about to fly out but hey. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sat May 08, 2010 7:29 pm

bavlondon wrote:Don't do it Carra. Tell them to :censored: off.

Quite right
Tell Cappello to suck your salami
Vaffanculo Fabio!!
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat May 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Carra if offered the opportunity imo should go for it.. Lets not be selfish here, the guy has been an excellent servant for the club and FOR ANY player to be playing in the world cup should be an honor.. if he does get his chance and performs well then it might give him some much needed confidence in his ability.. Would be interesting to see how he performs alongside a top center-back as well..

Best centerback in the country ? Has been Carvalho for a while for me... Ferdinand is a close second with Vidic and Terry not far behind.. Carragher 2 or so years ago wasnt as good as Terry or Ferdinand.. Still isnt.. The fact that Ferdinand hasnt played much this season though means that England need someone reliable as backup in-case Ferdinand gets a knock or fails to recover by then.. Im not a big fan of Dawson... Think King and Woodgate are both better players for an England squad playing at a worldcup.. Continental experience is very important and i think thats the only reason Capello is considering Carra as an option ahead of the likes of G.Cahill and Dawson..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion