JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:14 pm

roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:At the end of the day Carragher should never be in the starting 11 when Agger  is fit, the fact that Enrique was dropped to accommodate him was an utter disgrace
roberto green

Postby redhayesy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:34 pm

roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:At the end of the day Carragher should ever be in the starting 11 when aggressive is fit, the fact that Enrique was dropped to accommodate him was an utter disgrace

please,please think about what you say before you post,because your post is an utter disgrace. opinions are one thing-lack of respect & acknowledgement,let alone what even drove you to this statement is so sad.

btw WHAT A FECKING BRILLIANT RESULT TODAY! WE DIDN'T CONCEED ANY GOALS IN THE SECOND HALF- THE LADS SHOWED SPIRIT,DETERMINATION-CREATED CHANCES -SCORED 2 GOALS-WON THE GAME-BEAT THE BITTERS-HAPPY DAYS END OF! :laugh:  :laugh:  :bowdown  :laugh:  :laugh:  :buttrock
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:06 pm

roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 pm wrote:
roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm wrote:At the end of the day Carragher should never be in the starting 11 when Agger  is fit, the fact that Enrique was dropped to accommodate him was an utter disgrace

So you wouldn't entertain the thought that Enrique was dropped because he needed to be? That his play of late hasn't been a patch on the first coupla months the season? Not the only one admittedly, but it turned out a good choice dont you think?
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Like a couple of you guys have said, it fell to the weaker foot of both of them.  They were both at fault for not properly communicating.  If it had been a split second thing, that's different, but the ball sat there why they both just stared for a few seconds and allowed Everton to react.

With that said, I feel that Agger let it go because he wasn't playing as the CB.  The CB is supposed to take charge of the defense, so I assumed that because Carra was the CB and Agger was playing out of position, he assumed Carra would go for it.  Regardless, they were both at fault for what happened, but it doesn't matter because we still won.

Concerning Carra tho, that wasn't his only mistake.  He made a really bad one in the first half as well when he sort of put pressure but then faded back.  I think it was Jelavic or Baines who did a really weak fake that Carra fell for, then turned towards the inside of the box while Carra stumbled around like a fat guy falling.  Made me very nervous.  However, other then those couple of incidents I didn't think Carra was that bad.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 am

Biggest reason to me why Carra should have taken it was because he was CB and was also facing the right direction. In the end we won so it doesn't matter. Always happy for a true legend like Carra to enjoy something like that. :buttrock
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:19 am

Ive no idea what Carra has left to offer but I dont think its much, and thats ok
because he has been absolutely terrific for Liverpool, what a player.

He looked very emotional on ESPN after the game, like a guy that knows hes
pretty much spent but got away with a life changing mistake this afternoon.

I appreciate experience is useful but we have to find a way to let Carra
down gently and deep down you can tell he knows its almost over for him now like.

Comes to us all and hes got some miles on the clock Carra really carrying some
pretty ordinary players overs the years.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:45 am

90 thou a week..... got to be his last season, either he leaves by mutual consent  to reduce the wage bill or we sell him but all great servants have to move on sooner or later. Even the great Sami Hyppia, Ray Kennedy, Emlyn, Jimmy Case etc.. moved on to play out their careers elsewhere. Come on Kenny, pull the trigger and reinvest the wages.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:03 am

ethanr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:15 pm wrote:With that said, I feel that Agger let it go because he wasn't playing as the CB.  The CB is supposed to take charge of the defense, so I assumed that because Carra was the CB and Agger was playing out of position, he assumed Carra would go for it.  Regardless, they were both at fault for what happened, but it doesn't matter because we still won.

I think Carra being the local guy, vocal and much more experienced, has some sort of effect on Skrtle and Agger... unfortunately it's more negative than positive... I have noticed since very early on that Skrtle is just terrible playing with Carra. One can only assume that Skrtle is scared stiff to make mistakes in front of Carra. It was only this season when he partnered with Agger that he became very very confident and as a result his performances improved. Agger already has confidence and leadership qualities but I would assume that at that moment right there he hesitated because Carra was suppose to be the leader and not him. If Carra was not there, he wouldn't have hesitated. It's time for Carra to move on to a coaching role. He has been a great servant and leader of the team but sorry to say that he is now more of a liability than an asset.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Carra has become a bit of a liability but I was very happy for him that his mistake didn't cost us the game, what a game of two halves though, fantastic result. I'd like to see Coates get more games, it's the only way he'll improve.
heimdall

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Like I said in the match day thread ,Carragher recovered well from his earlier error and played
the second half more like the Carragher of old, he threw himself into every tackle and distributed
the ball crisp and cleanly .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:Like I said in the match day thread ,Carragher recovered well from his earlier error and played
the second half more like the Carragher of old, he threw himself into every tackle and distributed

Did you miss when he almost played Everton through? It was almost like the one Distin gifted us but without the pressing from one of their player.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Kukilon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 pm wrote:Like I said in the match day thread ,Carragher recovered well from his earlier error and played

Did you miss when he almost played Everton through? It was almost like the one Distin gifted us but without the pressing from one of their player.

Did you only see his mistakes ? He was even covering for Johnson as well as playing CB .I mean granted it
was a gaff that gifted them the goal ,but after that the fella worked for the shirt ...credit him with that.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 am

Red, he's not teh future mate. After teh CL final in 2005 Rafa changed half the team, you have to know when its time to let go and Carra is 'that man'. Coates is ready to come into the side, Carra's day has passed.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 am

KennyisGod....still » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:06 pm wrote:
roberto green » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 pm wrote:

So you wouldn't entertain the thought that Enrique was dropped because he needed to be? That his play of late hasn't been a patch on the first coupla months the season? Not the only one admittedly, but it turned out a good choice dont you think?

I dont think it was a good choice even if we won. We were lucky that everton is a Sh*t team and didnt try to attack us in the 2nd half. Our defense looks so shaky when carra is playing these days. It looks like the other defenders would prefer if he stayed on the bench. Johnson, agger, skrtel and enrique had such a great understanding in the start of the season we should try to play them whenever possible. We also have a promising CB in coates that really need some gametime. I dont understand why we almost never use him as he has looked pretty good the few times he has been allowed to play.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 pm

I agree that Carra's day is coming soon, but I disagree he should not have been picked in this game. You'll have to ask a red that was at wembly, but I bet he was in Jones ear all game. 3rd choice keeper needed some one like Carra in front of him.

If the same situation were at the final, I'd want Carra there.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion