Jamie carragher going to world cup

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby shawnk » Sat May 08, 2010 9:53 pm

It's funny how you guys mention he's a great servant instead of a great defender or great hoofballer... oops I mean footballer. :p
shawnk

Postby Owzat » Sun May 09, 2010 7:01 am

bigmick wrote:I actually think a properly imposing centre half would make a HUGE difference to our team mate. It would mean a possible end to the dreaded Lucas/Masherano axis for a start, as well as meaning we didn't have palpatations every time we conceded a corner. I think it would enable us to be much more attacking than we are, and it's no coincidence that those teams with the best centre halves normally contest the league title.

I know and understand why people are a bit "anti" where Terry is concerned, but I've seen a few Chelsea games over the last few weeks and in the main I think he's been excellent (with the exception of the Spurs match). He remains for me the best centre half around right now.

If it had been Carra doing the dirty on Bridge and that all came out in the wash, with the captaincy taken away, I'm sure most on here would be using that as an excuse for Carra's form.

Not that Kuyt's dad dying bought him any slack
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun May 09, 2010 8:59 am

Owzat wrote:
bigmick wrote:I actually think a properly imposing centre half would make a HUGE difference to our team mate. It would mean a possible end to the dreaded Lucas/Masherano axis for a start, as well as meaning we didn't have palpatations every time we conceded a corner. I think it would enable us to be much more attacking than we are, and it's no coincidence that those teams with the best centre halves normally contest the league title.

I know and understand why people are a bit "anti" where Terry is concerned, but I've seen a few Chelsea games over the last few weeks and in the main I think he's been excellent (with the exception of the Spurs match). He remains for me the best centre half around right now.

If it had been Carra doing the dirty on Bridge and that all came out in the wash, with the captaincy taken away, I'm sure most on here would be using that as an excuse for Carra's form.

Not that Kuyt's dad dying bought him any slack

There must be a bereavement in his family every week...?
:eyebrow
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 09, 2010 11:27 am

aCe' wrote:Carra if offered the opportunity imo should go for it.. Lets not be selfish here, the guy has been an excellent servant for the club and FOR ANY player to be playing in the world cup should be an honor.. if he does get his chance and performs well then it might give him some much needed confidence in his ability.. Would be interesting to see how he performs alongside a top center-back as well..

I'd love Carra to go to the World Cup, especially with things looking the way they are on the club front. Go for it Jamie lad. After Ferdinand and Terry he should be the next in line at CB. I'd have him in there ahead of Upson and Lescott every time.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Sir Roger wrote:Not that Kuyt's dad dying bought him any slack

:eyebrow[/quote]
Even going on the current low moral standard of opinions proffered on this forum of late ......  that's a disgraceful comment fella  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun May 09, 2010 1:53 pm

We're not scouse we're English . Come on Carra lad .  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Even going on the current low moral standard of opinions proffered on this forum of late ......  that's a disgraceful comment fella  :no[/quote]
Its known in these parts as a joke...
:)
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 09, 2010 2:49 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Even going on the current low moral standard of opinions proffered on this forum of late ......  that's a disgraceful comment fella  :no

:)[/quote]
now dont be turning this into a northender v southender debate we all know whos got the best sense of humour , an im sure Red is a southender :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 09, 2010 2:57 pm

bavlondon wrote:Well he didn't rate him before did he? Id rather him, Stevie and Glen all pick up a knock just before they are about to fly out but hey. :D

Not entirely true Bav... I remember way earlier Capello being reported as saying he was going to try to make Carra reconsider his retirement...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

:)[/quote]
yes @rse parts  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 11, 2010 10:49 am

I have been told that he is DEFINATELY in the full squad.
He has already told his best mate.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Owzat » Tue May 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Gossip today reckon Scholes and Carra will be in the squad.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green

Defenders

Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, England's Brave John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock

Midfielders

Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips

Forwards

Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Owzat wrote:Gossip today reckon Scholes and Carra will be in the squad.

pains me to say it, but Scholes would be a handy player to have in the squad. He's had a good season and would do a job.

Likewise, Carra would also be a useful player to have, but can't see him starting a game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue May 11, 2010 1:54 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

:)

yes @rse parts  :laugh:[/quote]
Thats not even the slightest bit funny
:no

Nan is right
:nod
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion