JAMIE CARRAGHER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:50 pm

zzz, how short memory do people have?
He has been atrocious 2 seasons in a row.
Once the games starts again you'll be reminded.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:17 am

I'm not comfortable with Carragher being heavily involved in first team affairs, I'd much rather see Agger and Skrtel this season or if Agger leaves or gets injured, then Skrtel and Coates. Carragher is past his best and he cost us a lot of goals last season, goals which cost us points.
Boxscarf

Postby Eagle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:33 pm

I know it’s only pre-season but Carragher has adapted quicker to Rodgers’ style of play than any other player. Has looked comfortable pulling wide, calm on the ball and always finding a team mate with a simple pass.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Eagle » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm wrote:I know it’s only pre-season but Carragher has adapted quicker to Rodgers’ style of play than any other player. Has looked comfortable pulling wide, calm on the ball and always finding a team mate with a simple pass.

playing against belarussian minnows and the likes of toronto fc is not the same as playing against the likes of aguero, rooney, van persie and torres though.
we had a good defensive record last season but when injury broke up the skrtel / agger partnership and carragher came into the side it all starting going to f##k. then again maybe he is having a bit of an indian summer in his career, after all some people wrote hyypia off far too early.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Apparent ITK Macca recently posted this;

I believe Carra will be working for Sky next season alongside Neville and Redknapp...

Cheers

Macca
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm

:laugh:
according to the other ITK indykaila carragher has opened talks with the club on a new contract, its to be a player/coaching role.

personally i reckon he should be kept around as he is a club legend and maybe a defensive coaching role would be perfect for him. he has been here a long time and worked with many managers so his input and knowledge should be valuable.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 pm

LFC statement on Jamie Carragher

Jamie Carragher has today announced that he is to leave Liverpool Football Club at the end of the season and will be retiring from football.

The Reds defender has enjoyed a glittering career at Anfield, having joined the club's youth system aged nine before going on to make his first-team debut in January 1997 against Middlesbrough. He has subsequently made more than 700 senior appearances for Liverpool, winning a host of major honours. He is second only to Ian Callaghan in club's all-time appearance table.

The 35-year-old has made the announcement this week to end speculation surrounding his future.

He will continue to concentrate his efforts on helping Brendan Rodgers' side achieve success in the Barclays Premier League this season and the on-going Europa League campaign.

Carragher said: "This will be my last season at Liverpool and my last as a professional footballer.

"I'm making this announcement now because I don't want the manager or the club to be answering questions on my future when I've already decided what I am going to do.

"I will be fully committed between now and the end of the season to doing the very best for Liverpool Football Club, as I've done my entire career since joining aged just nine-years-old.

"It has been a privilege and an honour to represent this great club for as long as I have and I am immensely proud to have done so and thankful for all the support I have had. There are many memories I want to share and people to thank, but now is not the time for that.

"I won't be making any further comment on this decision until the end of the season; all our focus and concentration should be on achieving the best possible finish in the league this season and trying to win the last remaining trophy we are competing in."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm

sad news, as the last two games has certainly proved he can offer something, but I suppose he wants to go out whilst he can still put in a shift, and doesn't want to push it so his las few performances deteriate too much.

All I can say is : Legend.

:bowdown
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Entourage » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 pm

What a player, man and role model.

I hope one day he ends up with the Club in a managerial role. The man oozes class.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:58 pm

Redman in wales » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm wrote:sad news, as the last two games has certainly proved he can offer something, but I suppose he wants to go out whilst he can still put in a shift, and doesn't want to push it so his las few performances deteriate too much.

+1

sad to see he has come to that decision though.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:18 pm

he has been a tremendous servant to the club and even if he does decide to go and work for sky i`m sure he`ll be back at anfield in some capacity in the future, maybe even as manager.
second on the all time appearance list behind only ian callaghan, takes some doing that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Entourage » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I think BT will sign him up to be BT's Gary Neville.
Entourage
LFC Basic Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Redman in wales » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:52 pm wrote:sad news, as the last two games has certainly proved he can offer something, but I suppose he wants to go out whilst he can still put in a shift, and doesn't want to push it so his las few performances deteriate too much.

well said.

hope we can keep him at the club in some way.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:27 pm

A truly wonderful servant for our club, these days his passion and loyalty are irreplaceable

Legend, YNWA
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Its the right time for Carragher and will look forward to seeing him TV
where he is breath of fresh air.

All been said about him a player really, absolutely terrific servant and
lad but looking forward off the wage bill so that will please Fenway with
another £90k off the books each week  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member