Jamie carragher - Class!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:53 pm

taff wrote:Well to bore you with Rugby talk

Weve always had extremely talented players I guess its a genetic thing  :D 

Three years ago we had a Kiwi coach Steve Hansen who simply did not care about results and knew he was leaving at the end of his contract so he got a young group of players together and ruthlessly binned players who were not fit or professional enough. He gelled them into a team and planeed long term only not short term gain. Now that irritated us when we took some beatings but he stuck by his guns improved us then left.  He left a hardened team of youngsters fitter than any Welsh team has ever been and they then became Kings of Europe  :D

We have players in the leagues who are more gifted than the ones in the National Team but without the professionalism and sheer pig headed will to win.  These guys now although not as good as the media make out are extremely professional and determined to improve and will fight and die for each other

I see Carragher this season like that. Yes there are faster players and more talented players but will to win and commitment he is the man.

If I was a talented midfielder for Liverpool I would sit in the dressing room before kick off and look at him and think Thank God he's on my side.  I think the same about Martin Johnson and you cant get a better compliment than that  :)

stop rubbing it in. :angry:

:D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:06 pm

He's really a great central defender.In each game,he plays wif full passions,commitments n desires.Well done,Carra.:D
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:19 pm

andy_g wrote:the moment when gerrard handed carra the MOM champagne after the game yesterday was priceless! i reckon stevie thought he'd done enough to get it himself.

:laugh:

Couldnt believe it, Stevie almost threw the bottle to Carra!! JC's attitude is spot on, am I right in thinkin he got booked inside his first couple of minutes on his debut? If thats right, it jus shows he aint changed one bit where commitments concerned. Jus a shame John Terry's had such a good season, otherwise Carra'd be the defensive revelation of 04/05 without a doubt.
BTW, was SG there as an interpreter for us non-scousers after the match? Carra's hard enuf to understand at the best of times, when he's excited, knackered and live on telly he's impossible!! Reminds me of Dalglish bein interviewed!!  :D
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:56 pm

I think Carra has been immense this season. He is the obvious choice for Liverpool player of the season. I hate to think what will happen if he gets injured in the run in
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:31 pm

LiverpoolFan00 wrote:I hate to think what will happen if he gets injured in the run in

he'll paint his plaster cast red, put his squad number on his crutches and get on with it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 107-1111347541 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:43 pm

I think he definatly deserves a place in the England 11 he's been quality this season , dont know why most people think ferdinand or campbell are better .
107-1111347541

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:44 pm

andy_g wrote:
LiverpoolFan00 wrote:I hate to think what will happen if he gets injured in the run in

he'll paint his plaster cast red, put his squad number on his crutches and get on with it.

Don't be stupid, we all know that Carra wouldn't need his crutches!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:56 pm

wicked playa only jokin im being serious tho why aint he a england number 1
1234ram

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:11 pm

1234ram wrote:wicked playa only jokin im being serious tho why aint he a england number 1

'Cause although he may be versatile goalkeeping isn't one of his strengths.   :D

(just messin'   :)  )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:02 pm

If the rest of the squad had Carra's unswerving commitment, determination and application I have no doubt we'd be top 3

Quite simply he has been an absolute ROCK for us this season and sets the perfect example to the younger lads coming through like Warnock, Whitbread etc. He's got captain written all over him  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion