Jamie carragher going to world cup

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Sky Sports: "Jamie Carragher has revealed Liverpool's failure to qualify for the Champions League persuaded him to come out of international retirement."

Fair play to the lad.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:Sky Sports: "Jamie Carragher has revealed Liverpool's failure to qualify for the Champions League persuaded him to come out of international retirement."

Fair play to the lad.

I assume based on this comment he will be available for the Euro 2012 qualifiers then?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 pm

I would guess so mate yeh. Can't see him jacking it in when he returns, if he gets on the plane to South Africa.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 11, 2010 4:44 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:Sky Sports: "Jamie Carragher has revealed Liverpool's failure to qualify for the Champions League persuaded him to come out of international retirement."

Fair play to the lad.

I assume based on this comment he will be available for the Euro 2012 qualifiers then?

Why would you assume that ?

Maybe he just wants to play in the world cup.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby andy_g » Tue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Fair play to the lad.

i'm guessing that scs is making a joke about the fact that we might not be in the CL in 2012 either...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Owzat wrote:Gossip today reckon Scholes and Carra will be in the squad.

Scholes is England's most talented midfielder in a  genaration but he is passed it now. Better off without him.

Carra can do a job, you know what  you get. I don't see many other options.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 11, 2010 7:00 pm

it doesn't matter now anyway, Scholes has said no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 14, 2010 7:47 am

I am still suspicious of the timing of Scholes retiring and announcing a new contract at scum, maybe a clause or out of contract agreement he plays for England no more.

As for Carra, brave decision as all the knives, guns, bombs etc are out for him. Scholes retires because he wants to win things and wasn't going to with England, Carra quit playing for England because he was always one or two places down the pecking order no matter how much the pecking order was decimated, and yet he's not criticised despite his absence/presence being arguably far more important.

Or put another way, Scholes is like the kid who walks off with his football/bat and ball etc because he wasn't winning. Then again half the country will slate any Liverpool player for any reason, being in the England side just gives them more chance. It is rather ironic we should have a pants season and have three current players in contention to go to the World Cup and several ex-players. You can bet West Ham fans would have totted their's up and be quoting it! There is a lot of debate about individual and groups of inclusions, but the bottom line is unless we left out players like Rooney, Gerrard or Terry then there aren't any other real 'must picks'. Most will argue ad nauseam whether Lennon is way better than Walcott/Young/Milner/Cole/Johnson etc, but the bottom line is if any were 'must picks' then there wouldn't be any debate now would there? ie we'd all be agreeing not arguing :O
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri May 14, 2010 8:31 am

andy_g wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Fair play to the lad.

i'm guessing that scs is making a joke about the fact that we might not be in the CL in 2012 either...

I wasn't actually, but it's a good one nevertheless.

My point was the qualifiers for the 2012 Euros start later this year, with no CL to play in Carragher may choose to continue with England. Especially as his fixture total at club level will be reduced due to lack of CL.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri May 14, 2010 9:11 am

But we are in the europa league, as long as we dont get beat in the qualifiers like  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion