In january window - Where do we strengthen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Waldo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm

If what we are told is true then our interest in Suarez and Adam has cooled. I hope that there are other names being worked on in the background and the marquee signing we all hope for is forthcoming.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 pm

So we don't want to be ripped off by paying a few more quid for quality players just like in the past with the Ronaldo's, Vidic's, etc

Hmmmm sounds very, very familiar to an old regime we had but surprisingly there are some lemmings on here defending this as some sort of genius "tactic"

??? ??? ???
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:45 pm

RBuxton_LFC  Richard Buxton
@
@JenChang88 @Foxmedicin What FSG are trying to do will be effective when FFP rules are enforced but right now, it's angering a few clubs
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:13 am

Not looking good with the way ajax are treating this, if they think he is worth a certain amount then I suppose that's fair enough, he is there player, but I don't think we should be held for ransom

He will still be there in the summer
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:26 am

Frank de Boer: 'I'd have known if they had come to a deal. LFC know what they have to pay and they have to do that before the weekend'.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I've said it before and will again....

We've been happy to let Babel go, and if Milan had wanted to, we would have let him go to Germany (he still might).

These are both attacking players.  We've also loaned out Ecclestone and Amoo.  Youngsters yes, but on the brink of the first team.

If Torres got injured today (he isn't going to Chelsea!!) then who would play up front in the next game?

Dirk as lone striker....Ngog...do me a favour....

The club must be pretty confident that they have new players coming in, certainly a forward, and another attacking (winger) player.

After a few days of stalemate the rumours now point to Ajax and LFC edging closer to a price they can both tolerate. 

My best guess is we will sign

Suarez £20m ish

N'Zogbia  £9m ish

Warnock  Loan

I would suspect we have several "plates spinning" should one or more of those not happen.  I simply cannot believe we would let Babel go, and offer up Jova, without other options coming in.

I really hope I'm right :laugh:
mkingdom

Postby mart » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

mkingdom wrote:I would suspect we have several "plates spinning" should one or more of those not happen.  I simply cannot believe we would let Babel go, and offer up Jova, without other options coming in.

I really hope I'm right :laugh:

I hope so too. Our squad was very thin before we started selling players during this window. We really need to get some new players in.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 pm

nico krancjar anyone?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Krancjar could be ok, but he hasn't really been playing much.  I still don't want n'zogbia tho, would much prefer Ashley Young or Arda Turan.  It looks like the Suarez deal may go trough.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:50 pm

We need another striker now, again!  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Times reporting LFC had a £6.5m bid for Charlie Adam knocked back by Blackpool.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 am

Why Holloway is acting like a used car salesman over Adam's transfer, plus why Liverpool fans should thank their Fulham counterparts
By Brian Reade
Published 23:01 28/01/11

Liverpool should warmly applaud Fulham fans for their Wednesday night rendition of (to the tune of The Banana Splits) "Roy, Roy, Roy - Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy - Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy."

No-one can now say that Hodgson was the first Liverpool manager since Bill Shankly to not have his name sung at Anfield.

Ian Holloway has admitted he gets a cut of any player he brings to Blackpool and sells on at a profit.
There's nothing illegal in that. Nothing immoral either, when you consider the grotesque bonuses being paid to City bankers for simply moving on other people's money while tax-payers take the risk.
But it blows a huge hole in Holloway's Man Of The People act because by demanding financial gain from players' transfers, he's basically a glorified agent. And we know what he thinks about those reptiles after he ranted about Wayne Rooney's in October.

The agreement means it's in Holloway's interest to flag up his best players, hike up their fees and bring in a cheap replacement, who one day will bring him another decent bonus.

Which may explain why he's spent virtually every press conference this past fortnight telling Liverpool and Aston Villa they are a disgrace for daring to put in low bids for Charlie Adam, and urging them to come back in with an extra £10 million.

At first I put this obsession with Adam's fee down to his eccentric or caring nature. Now it looks like he's treating his player as a car he's advertised in Exchange & Mart and is holding out for what he thinks it's worth. And if he doesn't get it, Adam can get stuffed and can stay on £10,000-a-week.

When he heard of Liverpool's bid he serenaded Adam with You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maybe the Scot should have responded with You'll Never Need A Loan.

No matter what happens to Manchester City's "project," whether it crashes and burns or leads to global domination, fans should applaud the club for giving us one wonderful moment.

Telling this to Real Madrid, the owners of Brand Galactico, who only take the cream of world talent, managed by The Special One, who always gets the expensive players he desires.

"Yeah, go on then, you can borrow our reject for a few months if you want. Pretty average that Adebayor though if we're honest. But Ok, it'll get him out from under our feet and we do like to give the smaller clubs a leg-up."

Who'd have thought City would be capable of that even two years ago?

I love Brian Reade ...and he's spot on where Holloway is concerned
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 pm

see posted on another forum that we have put a new bid in for Charlie Adam and his ad has been talking to our club about his sons contract with blackpool.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Adam and his old fella are fuming that Blackpool are holding him back from this move. Like every footballer they sign Adam went there to use it as a stepping stone under the premise he would be allowed to move on however thnings have got more complicated now that Blackpool and Adam have exceeded all expectation and the seasiders are looking to cash in. Oystons eyes have lit up and he loves the coin. Could backfire but they run it so lean there the relegation parachutes will keep them in business for two decades  :D
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:06 am

This is for all of those that wanted Van Baumel, Today on his Debut for Milan he was sent off!! Fcking Butcher thnk god he didn't land here..
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion