In january window - Where do we strengthen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm

some of you need to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. just because we've got rich owners doesn't mean we should go all guns blazing like Chelsea or Man City. we don't need to spend big to get quality, we don't need to "buy" the title. they know what they are doing. first bids are usually low anyway and will increase as negotiations progress.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:sorry everyone but the criticism of NESV on here by some is a disgrace

Fair enough mate. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a disgrace. Premature perhaps, and if it turns out to be just that then ill happily hold my hand up. But with the work our team needs I just would have expected them to have made a few signings by now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:24 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:some of you need to stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. just because we've got rich owners doesn't mean we should go all guns blazing like Chelsea or Man City. we don't need to spend big to get quality, we don't need to "buy" the title. they know what they are doing. first bids are usually low anyway and will increase as negotiations progress.

No one said anything about spending crazy ala Chelsea or City so not sure where you are getting that vibe from. 

To be honest I think most of the calls are more of the "hurry up and show some ambition before the likes of Torres leave" nature rather than "hurry and and show us your wonga".

I know it's only January but as I said this team needs a lot of work so the sooner the better. Not to mention if they leave it too late again the window closes ect.... weve been there before so I don't need to spell out what that means.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

but there has been complains about the fee being offered by us to other clubs for their players but the thing is, thats exactly how it should be done. for example, if we were to offer 8million for Adam, Blackpool will try to raise it to 12million. but we offered 4million so when we increase it to 8million, it looks like a big deal.

we shouldn't allow ourselves to be ripped off both in players sales and purchases. furthermore, it is OK to not have any purchases in January. it's gonna be hard to buy quality players half way through the season anyway unless its an obscene amount of money. im sure Kenny will be able to bring the best of the current team at disposal to weather the storm this season, and then next season we can look at the areas which need strengthening again.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 pm

May be a case that NESV are going to write the season off and keep money back for better deals in the summer as well. At that point the lads we are after will no doubt be available cheaper plus more options as clubs start re assemabling squads and balancing books. You get the impression they would like to freshen it up and give everyone a boost but will not break the bank when the outcome of our campaign will not be massively affected by the investment.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby akumaface » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

NESV will only pay what they value the player and not more. I don't mind them playing hardball but just kind of feeling sorry for players like Charles Adam who had handed in the transfer request and waiting for us to get him. It's like letting him hanging out to dry. Same goes with Surez. Anyway, there is nothing we can salvage from this season and if we can get who we wants then we should do it. But if we are just trying to do a transfer for transfer sake, then might as well wait till Summer.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:46 pm

akumaface wrote:NESV will only pay what they value the player and not more. I don't mind them playing hardball but just kind of feeling sorry for players like Charles Adam who had handed in the transfer request and waiting for us to get him. It's like letting him hanging out to dry. Same goes with Surez. Anyway, there is nothing we can salvage from this season and if we can get who we wants then we should do it. But if we are just trying to do a transfer for transfer sake, then might as well wait till Summer.

Sorry but did anyone force Adam to hand in a transfer request, that was his own choice and I actually think we will get him anyway. As for Suarez, what is the point of being ripped off buying a player now when we can get him for less in the summer, that would be madness as this season is effectively over anyway.
I like the fact that with NESV we have sensible owners who won't be ripped off, it means for example that in the summer we can 4 players for the cost of 2 now.
worcester_red

Postby only me » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm disappointed that we are unable to find more names in the Caliber of Adam ,We should have been able to scout and detect a few players in ~10mil area that we could have brought right now (and maybe we will). Bidding for players as Suaretz is too simple and predictable ,he is a high roller big name which is easy to track ,but where is the effort in finding the Adam's the Downings the Johnsons's (Adam) of the world?

I have a sinking feeling that our whole operation is deeply lacking or mismanaged (be it the pysical team ,Technical team ,Youth development)...I Hope i'm wrong.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Liverpool FC ponder new Luis Suarez move, as Paul Konchesky heads for Anfield exit
by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Echo
Jan 27 2011

PAUL Konchesky could end his unhappy six months at Liverpool by sealing a return to Fulham.

The 29-year-old full-back arrived at Anfield from Craven Cottage in August, but has struggled to nail down a regular place, and is now considering a move, possibly on loan, back to west London.

Konchesky reportedly held talks with Cottagers officials ahead of last night’s game between the two sides, and could finalise a switch before the closure of the transfer window on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the Reds’ pursuit of Luis Suarez looks set to be resolved in the next few days, after Ajax set the Reds a deadline of Saturday to table a ‘good’ offer for the Uruguayan forward.

The Reds hold a long-standing interest, and have tabled a bid of around £13m for the 24-year-old’s services.

Ajax, however, are looking to collect a fee closer to £25m, and the manager Frank De Boer has urged Liverpool to meet their asking price by Saturday.

“I do not want to be surprised on the last day of the window,” said De Boer.

“So we have made that deadline, January 29. This situation has been going on long enough. Liverpool have to come up with a good offer and the money we want by that day.”

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish last night refused to be drawn on potential transfers, stating that all business would be done "in house.”

I trust Liverpool FC  ...I also trust (to a certain extent ) the owners  ..... but I know without any  shadow of a doubt that Kenny will do his level best for the club and the fans ...and that's why we should all be calm leading up to the close of the transfer window
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:13 pm

while ever we have Kenny at the helm the best situation will come from this. We're in safe hands now.

I think a revised offer of 19 million will be tabled tomorrow night giving Ajax just a day to ponder it. or 15 million plus Dirk Kuyt.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Lee J wrote:while ever we have Kenny at the helm the best situation will come from this. We're in safe hands now.

I think a revised offer of 19 million will be tabled tomorrow night giving Ajax just a day to ponder it. or 15 million plus Dirk Kuyt.

Ya I agree.  It almost seems they just don't want to pay 20, but at this point we may as well offer them 20 so that it's over the 20 million mark. Could push the transfer through.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

I know the window hasnt closed yet, but imo the club does need to make a statement to the likes of torres, gerrard and reina that they do have ambition. If that means paying over the odds for a one off player then so be it.

Letting the window go by ( although we still have time ) is sending out the wrong signals isnt it?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:25 pm

only me wrote:I'm disappointed that we are unable to find more names in the Caliber of Adam ,We should have been able to scout and detect a few players in ~10mil area that we could have brought right now (and maybe we will). Bidding for players as Suaretz is too simple and predictable ,he is a high roller big name which is easy to track ,but where is the effort in finding the Adam's the Downings the Johnsons's (Adam) of the world?

I have a sinking feeling that our whole operation is deeply lacking or mismanaged (be it the pysical team ,Technical team ,Youth development)...I Hope i'm wrong.

Alright, I've had it.  Not only are you posting :censored:, but you have the spelling and grammatical ability of a 9 year old.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:35 pm

RedSi35 wrote:I know the window hasnt closed yet, but imo the club does need to make a statement to the likes of torres, gerrard and reina that they do have ambition. If that means paying over the odds for a one off player then so be it.

Letting the window go by ( although we still have time ) is sending out the wrong signals isnt it?

I agree but as we all know January is notorious for not being able to get players in.

I was hoping Konchesky and Jovanovic would go and we would get at least Suarez hopefully Adam too.

I must admit once Babel had gone I thought we would get someone in quickly.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:24 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
only me wrote:I'm disappointed that we are unable to find more names in the Caliber of Adam ,We should have been able to scout and detect a few players in ~10mil area that we could have brought right now (and maybe we will). Bidding for players as Suaretz is too simple and predictable ,he is a high roller big name which is easy to track ,but where is the effort in finding the Adam's the Downings the Johnsons's (Adam) of the world?

Alright, I've had it.  Not only are you posting :censored:, but you have the spelling and grammatical ability of a 9 year old.

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion