In january window - Where do we strengthen?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby centarec » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Don't worry , we're bringing in Aguero, why do you think Atletico rejected Chelseas bid  :D  :D
centarec

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 pm

centarec wrote:Don't worry , we're bringing in Aguero, why do you think Atletico rejected Chelseas bid  :D  :D

id have 100% wood for a week if that happened, luckily it wont, after 3 days, it really gets to you banging into desks and colleagues with it  :D
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:54 pm

OneHotRed wrote:For :censored: sake

Liverpool have slammed the door shut on transfer negotiations for top targets Luis Suarez and Charlie Adam, as they despair at inflated fees for their top targets.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....nd-adam

its from the mirror though. wouldnt take it as red
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:58 pm

only me wrote:You are gonna lose Torres in the summer if you can't produce a winning Season - how's that to think about???

"you"?

There's me assuming you are a supporter. In reality, youve let your guard slip. All those sh!t posts make sense now, how on earth would you know what you were talking about if you didn't support Liverpool.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:06 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:You are gonna lose Torres in the summer if you can't produce a winning Season - how's that to think about???

"you"?

There's me assuming you are a supporter. In reality, youve let your guard slip. All those sh!t posts make sense now, how on earth would you know what you were talking about if you didn't support Liverpool.

He's a SPY!! GET HIM!!!!  :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

"you"?

Can't handle the arguement attack the poster right? The oldest trick in the book ,you are pathetic.Interesting coming from someone who doesn't give a fck if we fail the Europa league or finish on the 15th place as it doesn't matter anyway as it's not a CL spot.....Whatever.....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:16 pm

not good, all bids off as our owners will not pay the asking fees.

i hope they understand that football is not like sport in america,  put you price in and then walk away and hope they call you up and give you the price you was looking for.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
OneHotRed wrote:For :censored: sake

Liverpool have slammed the door shut on transfer negotiations for top targets Luis Suarez and Charlie Adam, as they despair at inflated fees for their top targets.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....nd-adam

its from the mirror though. wouldnt take it as red

agreed. I'm still optimistic

and I love how Boothroyd is talking as if Adam is Xabi's replacement  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby paisleyred » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 pm

only me wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

"you"?

Can't handle the arguement attack the poster right? The oldest trick in the book ,you are pathetic.Interesting coming from someone who doesn't give a fck if we fail the Europa league or finish on the 15th place as it doesn't matter anyway as it's not a CL spot.....Whatever.....

somebodys got there knickers in a twist. :sleep
paisleyred

Postby mart » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:07 pm

The Good Yank wrote:
bavlondon wrote:In other rumors i've read that we have apparantely halted any further bids for both Adam and Suarez.

Pretty simple really.  We are willing to buy but will not over pay in a bidding war.  The right way to do business IMO.

In a way yes, but the market is what it is. The clubs would rather keep their best players if they dont get top bids for them. 13 mill for suarez is far from market price for a player of his quality.

We will struggle to buy top players with this strategy.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 pm

i'd agree with landon donovan, quality player, would be cheap enough too i reckon compared to suarez, what about clint dempsey? looked a quality player tonight and he's scoring more and more every season, he wouldnt break the bank either. I'd rate both of em as high as charlie adam.
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm

sully0182 wrote:i'd agree with landon donovan, quality player, would be cheap enough too i reckon compared to suarez, what about clint dempsey? looked a quality player tonight and he's scoring more and more every season, he wouldnt break the bank either. I'd rate both of em as high as charlie adam.

Wed probally offer 2 million for them both though. Pathetic from NESV if the reports or true. How can they say 12-15 million is a good offer for a player like Suarez and 4.5 million is good for Adam??? If they keep this up well never sign players  :(

Sounds like a Kop out to me
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

I keep hearing FSG will only spend big if they think they were that good. So can we assume that Henry doesn't rate Suarez or Adam?

I thought they were serious about taking this team back to the top. It's like he's walking into a burger king with only enough for a mc Donalds.

I hope Comolli knows what he's doing.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:59 am

bavlondon wrote:I keep hearing FSG will only spend big if they think they were that good. So can we assume that Henry doesn't rate Suarez or Adam?

I thought they were serious about taking this team back to the top. It's like he's walking into a burger king with only enough for a mc Donalds.

I hope Comolli knows what he's doing.

there are things going on that i do worry about, its great that the club is once again working things out behind closed doors but we need to see the results of that work.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 am

sorry everyone but the criticism of NESV on here by some is a disgrace
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion