IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:28 pm

:D

But you're spot on about his finish today
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm

yeah the way he took the ball at pace then immediately performed a cruyff turn type thing to step inside the defender and then round the keeper and score from a tight angle (all within the space of about 7 or 8 yards) was a piece of amazing skill, as i said thats the kind of finish you`d see on a george best highlight reel
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 pm wrote:yeah the way he took the ball at pace then immediately performed a cruyff turn type thing to step inside the defender and then round the keeper and score from a tight angle (all within the space of about 7 or 8 yards) was a piece of amazing skill, as i said thats the kind of finish you`d see on a george best highlight reel

It was first class - it was the difference today
Benny The Noon

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Really hope I am wrong, but at the moment this guy is looking out of his depth. Will reserve judgement until he has had time to settle but on what I've seen so far and gut feeling, not convinced at all
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 pm

he's struggling big time at this level.
suso looked much better in the side imo and he shouldnt have been sent on loan.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:22 pm

No offence. Unproven at this level, and garbage.
I am probably a better player than Aspas, and prob Lucas too.
I might get my old football boots out, and ring the club for a game.
:D
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:34 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:he's struggling big time at this level.
suso looked much better in the side imo and he shouldnt have been sent on loan.

he can still come good but he seems to be struggling with the physicality of the league (which is surprising because in spain apparently he had a reputation for being strong and aggressive), any sort of physical contest and 9 times out of 10 he seems to lose out.
he seems to try a lot of flicks and tricks too which doesnt help.
i think he`d be better off playing it simple for a few games to try and build his confidence up, instead of worrying about scoring he`d be better off just concentrating on not losing the ball and making sure he finds a red shirt with every pass, it doesnt matter if he`s only laying the ball off five yards every time just as long as he doesnt lose it. after he`s done that for 4 or 5 games then maybe he can try to start expanding his game.
i know it`s a bit early to say this but again we`ve spent around £40m in the transfer window and the side doesnt seem to be strengthened much, if at all. we seem to be obsessed with strengthening the squad as opposed to the starting XI. how much have we spent on aspas, ilorri, alberto and cissokho (wages)? none of whom will probably be regulars when everyone is back fit.
re suso i see he scored yesterday in la liga.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Have ou heard yourself? Sturridge one of the best in the league?

Do us a favour lad! :no He's not even the best in his own house.

Aguero
Rooney
van Persie
Suarez
Etoo
Torres
Hernandez
Jovetic
Berbatov

To name 9 who are better... then there are the ones who are also possibly better or at least close enough to be considered debatable...

Defoe
Soldado
Benteke
Remy
Ba
Lukaku
Negredo

Sorry lad, but you're f*cking deluded by your love of Sturridge. He's part of the reason as team we aren't performing and part of the reason that performances like yesterday were on the cards (maybe some of it is down to his injury)... or maybe Chelsea and Man City just got it right.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:35 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:15 pm wrote:Have ou heard yourself? Sturridge one of the best in the league?

Aguero
Rooney
van Persie
Suarez
Etoo
Torres
Hernandez
Jovetic
Berbatov

To name 9 who are better... then there are the ones who are also possibly better or at least close enough to be considered debatable...

Defoe
Soldado
Benteke
Remy
Ba
Lukaku
Negredo

Sorry lad, but you're f*cking deluded by your love of Sturridge. He's part of the reason as team we aren't performing and part of the reason that performances like yesterday were on the cards (maybe some of it is down to his injury)... or maybe Chelsea and Man City just got it right.

your the one talking sh.1.te, you are just naming names without taking into consideration their ages or recent performances, just like gerrard.
wtf has torres done recently? or eto`o? or berbatov? half of the others like defoe, ba, jovetic and negredo cant even get a regular game.
i bet you`ve been dying for sturridge to have a bad game, well was it worth the wait?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:36 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:35 pm wrote:
your the one talking sh.1.te, you are just naming names without taking into consideration their ages or recent performances, just like gerrard.
wtf has torres done recently? or eto`o? or berbatov? half of the others like defoe, ba, jovetic and negredo cant even get a regular game.
i bet you`ve been dying for sturridge to have a bad game, well was it worth the wait?

I've been wanting him to have a bad game? ??? Really have I though? So you think I talk about LFC and get wound up by clueless nut balls like yourself because I want us to lose and our players to have bad games? Or are you just saying that because thats the only arguement you can come up with.

Just because I'm not some blinkered happy clappy bell end who doesn't have a clue about the game or other teams and thinks the sun shines out of every Liverpool players ***** hole except one of our best players you think that makes you a better fan than me? :laugh:

And what on earth has a players age got to do with anything?

I don't care if a player is 16 or 40. If they're good enough they're old enough. If they aren't then as far as I'm concerned what the f*ck are they doing playing for LFC on £75,000 a week plus? Age and race don't hinder a footballers ability. Get with the times.

And on another point? 5 games? Thats what you judge a player on? Really? So you don't judge a player on touch, movement, finishing, passing, tackling, running, speed, agility, balance, stamina, positional play, anticipation, the ability to abide by instructions, vision, decision making, crossing, dribbling, work rate, determination, marking, heading, jumping, technique, the ability to disguise a touch and a pass, speed of thought or any of the other 50 odd considerations to make... you just look at whether he's scored the odd goal and can run fast... :laugh: yeah, sums it up perfectly.

Any donkey can have a good game. Any half decent player (like Sturridge) is capable of putting in a few good games a season, depending on how decent maybe into the twenties. But you mentioned him being one of the best in the league... I was simply pointing out that is complete and utter bollox.

:laugh:

You're welcome to you f*ck tarded opinion. You'll be the one sat there at the end of the season calling for the wrong players heads and wondering how we failed to gain champions league football with dead beats in the side.

You're probably one of the many "experts" who can't understand why Englands national team players "can't perform like they do for their clubs" for their country or put it down to them "playing in a different system" or some other cliche  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

StuYesThatStu » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:15 pm wrote:Have ou heard yourself? Sturridge one of the best in the league?

Aguero
Rooney
van Persie
Suarez
Etoo
Torres
Hernandez
Jovetic
Berbatov

Defoe
Soldado
Benteke
Remy
Ba
Lukaku
Negredo

:laugh:

The very fact you put Torres, Eto'o, Hernandez and Berbatov in a higher class bracket than Benteke says it all really.  3 has-beens and one 'never has been but scores the odd goal as a sub and contributes fu.ck all else to play'.

You seem to have trouble accepting when a player is past it mate, it's the same with Gerrard.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:00 pm

JC_81 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm wrote: :laugh:

The very fact you put Torres, Eto'o, Hernandez and Berbatov in a higher class bracket than Benteke says it all really.  3 has-beens and one 'never has been but scores the odd goal as a sub and contributes fu.ck all else to play'.

You seem to have trouble accepting when a player is past it mate, it's the same with Gerrard.

Jesus christ almighty! Hernandez a bad player?

Wow! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 pm

The very fact you put Torres, Eto'o, Hernandez and Berbatov in a higher class bracket than Benteke says it all really. 

Oh sorry, is that contrary to popular opinion is it? :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Both Torres and Etoo are finished at the high level and have been for a year or two now.

Jovetic has done nothing yet and Hernandez can't a game

Stu you live of an opinion that is about 5 years old now when players like Torres , Gerrard etc where at the top of their game. Not anymore.

Sturridge has out scored most of those players since Jan - possibly only RvP has scored more.

To say Sturridge is part of the reason of our performances being bad is beyond delusion. He has been our one main shining light.

For someone who claims to have high knowledge of the game - you certainly spend a lot of time disproving your own words
Benny The Noon

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm

At the end of the day, if Sturridge was that good... Man City and Chelsea, wouldn't have let him go.

End of.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion