All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 pm

Just like generally players don’t find the same joy when they leave Liverpool that could apply to managers as well. Liverpool as a club don’t really fire managers and it has to be very bad for the owners to act. Real Madrid and Barcelona supporters are notoriously fickle and the Spanish press are brutal. It’s rare to find the relationship Klopp had with the club at other clubs. I think Klopp is a world class manager at teams like Liverpool and Dortmund, he may not be as good in a team full of spoilt players like Real or Barcelona. He will only do well at working class teams as that is who he is. He has said it a number of times, he doesn’t want to manage the best team in the world, he wants to manage the team that beats the best team in the world….. and that is what happened.

I think Klopp and Liverpool were a match made in heaven, those don’t come around too often.

I must say I’m disappointed that it came out when it did. Some say it will have a galvanizing effect but I’m not so sure, I think it will have a destabilizing effect, time will tell. Someone posted that the press were going to release the story the next day and he did it first. Why couldn’t they deny it like all clubs do. Surely the announcement should have come when the season ended even if the club knew so they can prepare. Some players that now know he will not be here next year may play differently. Players are players after all. Announcing it as he did is unprofessional in my opinion and doesn’t sit well with me now I have had time to process it. If we go off the rails it will tarnish his legacy as we were humming along nicely and this disruption could change that, why would he do that?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:52 pm

kazza » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:37 pm wrote:Just like generally players don’t find the same joy when they leave Liverpool that could apply to managers as well. Liverpool as a club don’t really fire managers and it has to be very bad for the owners to act. Real Madrid and Barcelona supporters are notoriously fickle and the Spanish press are brutal. It’s rare to find the relationship Klopp had with the club at other clubs. I think Klopp is a world class manager at teams like Liverpool and Dortmund, he may not be as good in a team full of spoilt players like Real or Barcelona. He will only do well at working class teams as that is who he is. He has said it a number of times, he doesn’t want to manage the best team in the world, he wants to manage the team that beats the best team in the world….. and that is what happened.

I think Klopp and Liverpool were a match made in heaven, those don’t come around too often.

I must say I’m disappointed that it came out when it did. Some say it will have a galvanizing effect but I’m not so sure, I think it will have a destabilizing effect, time will tell. Someone posted that the press were going to release the story the next day and he did it first. Why couldn’t they deny it like all clubs do. Surely the announcement should have come when the season ended even if the club knew so they can prepare. Some players that now know he will not be here next year may play differently. Players are players after all. Announcing it as he did is unprofessional in my opinion and doesn’t sit well with me now I have had time to process it. If we go off the rails it will tarnish his legacy as we were humming along nicely and this disruption could change that, why would he do that?

It's not Klopp's style to lie to the fans.

And it would have been harder to defend the lie as the club started approaching his potential successor.

Best for all concerned for the truth to be out in the open, no matter how painful or potentially disruptive it may be.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:02 pm

I suspect we're all guilty of reading too much into this news. We'll all go mad if we over analyze this on a daily basis for the next 6 months!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 pm

I see Virgil has said he’s not sure wether he will still be here after Jurgen goes, he said because all the back room staff are going as well it’s not necessarily a given that he’ll get on with the new manager and all his coaches. I suspect it won’t just be the results we’ll miss under Jurgen but the stability and pulling power he brings.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:41 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:15 pm wrote:I see Virgil has said he’s not sure wether he will still be here after Jurgen goes, he said because all the back room staff are going as well it’s not necessarily a given that he’ll get on with the new manager and all his coaches. I suspect it won’t just be the results we’ll miss under Jurgen but the stability and pulling power he brings.

End of an era feeling mate, it'll take time for the new manager to implement his ways. Depending on his philosophy, many players may not suit the "new style".
I'm just hoping the young lads like Quansah, Bradley flourish.
Thing is with Klopp he always got the best out of the lads, took many of them to another level.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:15 pm wrote:I see Virgil has said he’s not sure wether he will still be here after Jurgen goes, he said because all the back room staff are going as well it’s not necessarily a given that he’ll get on with the new manager and all his coaches. I suspect it won’t just be the results we’ll miss under Jurgen but the stability and pulling power he brings.

Again, for our captain to say anything but “we will miss him, we fight for the shirt, nobody bigger than the club” whatever his feelings and plans may be is disappointing. Virgil saying that just adds to the instability, I expect more from our captain. His statement does not add value to the situation so why not just keep his mouth shut.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:58 pm

Read what Virg said, his words have been twisted by the media. The club should ban the players talking to the media for the next 6 months.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 pm

This announcement was a terrible decision and should have been made at the end of the season. We lose one two games and the "end of an era", "back to mediocrity" feelings will start to settle in and we'll bottle everything. We have a chance to win the league this season but we just shot ourselves in the foot with the announcement.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:16 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 pm wrote:This announcement was a terrible decision and should have been made at the end of the season. We lose one two games and the "end of an era", "back to mediocrity" feelings will start to settle in and we'll bottle everything. We have a chance to win the league this season but we just shot ourselves in the foot with the announcement.

I agree mate I feel timing was definitely off. This is all the media will talk about now, watch the rumours kick in about Trent, Salah, VVD and even Alli.
Klopp apparently told the owners in November about leaving. However if there was fear of it being leaked we always could've dismissed it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:41 pm

Agreed, we now have to deal with unnecessary drama when we should have focused on winning the league. The press is always looking for drama and this will be a gold mine for them. This should have been done more professionally by the club, they are a multi billion pound entity and this could impact on their bottom line, really makes no sense.

So next year we will have a new manager and new coaching staff, that will surely have an impact on the players. Same thing happened at ManUre when Ferguson left, he took his staff with him and Moyes brought his own staff and they haven’t t recovered since. We really need the owners to be good owners and pull the rabbit out of the hat again. Will lightning strike twice?

If Klopp is tired, why is he taking his whole staff with him? Why not just go and take a year off? So where do they all work for the next period while Klopp is resting? Surely they need to work and earn an income. It all seems very strange!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm

We have already been in a transitional phase, klopp creating another side. Klopp V2 is gradually kicking and showing promising signs.

However, next season will be a huge transition. It will practically be like starting from scratch. Players abilities are the same but they must go hand in hand with management, training, systems, methodology.

I just don't like how this has overshadowed a potentially awesome season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:03 am

I’m just not having that nothing has gone on, Jurgen talks about being tired but then goes on about missing it and telling us not to worry because his next job or the job after that etc won’t be in England?
Doesn’t sound to me like someone who has had a gutful of the game to me, more like someone who has had a gutful of the BS at the club.
I don’t care what anyone says, first Ward goes, then Edwards (who at one point was supposed to be best mates with John Henry) then iirc a load of back room staff went now Jurgen goes with the rest of his back room team and to cap it all off our captain who has been a stalwart indeed one of the rocks upon which our recent success has been built upon openly questions his own future at the club just 24 hours later?
As someone said the smart thing to do would have been for Jurgen to take 12 months off and for Pep L to take the reins for a year. This stinks of falling out behind the scenes to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:48 am

Ibrahima Konate:
“When he said that (he was leaving), in my mind I was like…In the last four months, I have to give my life for him now’.”

What all players should be saying to the press right now…. Especially our captain. That way nothing can be taken out of context  :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:20 pm

This stinks of the Media and if it's true that the media got wind of it and forced the club into the announcement then there's only one thing we can be sure of...  The f@kking Saudi's (invested interest in City!) have been tipped off by the media about Klopp leaving and there's been a stack of brown envelopes passed around to expose this story and derail the Liverpool charge to the title thus allowing City a clear run through while we sulk around dis-functionally and our season fizzles out.

No other reason the media would hold us to ransom - Saudi cash involved. Mark my words.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:02 pm

There's a rumour he was caught with his pants down.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion