Joe Gomez Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:08 pm

Nice to see Joe regaining his form. He played really well last season, until he got injured. Has struggled a lot since then. However, like Naby, I think he's got a big part to play if he can stay fit.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:44 pm

if/when we win the title, we will look back at the so called fringe players being key, and taking responsibility in the absence of those out injured. its a testament to the team spirit that the likes of llalana, keita, ox, shakiri, gomez, origi etc. have performed when needed. it's been a while we've had that kind of strength in depth - we've squeezed a lot of juice from a squad that beyond the first team looks (deceptively) average on paper. team spirit is priceless though and klopp deserves a lot of credit for that.
Franky000

Postby mramo » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Time to bring this player back up the topic tree. He has been nothing short of abysmal this season. Lost count the number of times he has made defensive mistakes, conceded the penalty midweek, and then his indecisiveness and carelessness cost us the set piece that led to conceding the goal.
mramo

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:30 pm

Hasn't been the same since his injury and is way below the standard we need now
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:58 pm

I thought he had one or two bad games earlier on but has been improving since. He did give away a cheap foul that led to s goal but what was the ambition from the rest of the side today. Get a point! 

He had Milner one side of him and no protection in front but I thought he had an OK game.  Certainly don't think he is the reason we lost.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:58 pm

Well he's just gifted Leeds the easiest goal of the season. His concentration levels are nowhere near the standard it needs to be at.. he makes at least one massive error per game.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion