Joe Gomez Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:23 am

bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:54 pm wrote:
parchpea » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:24 pm wrote:Wouldn't mind but Gomez only played 10 minutes maximum. Clearly instructed by Klopp to use his physical advantage against Sterling just doing his job. To be fair he was causing us a lot of problems as he does every team. We know he's a brilliant player. Reports he struck Gomez in the face so little wonder Southgate has disciplined him.

He scratched him...the girl  :laugh:

So clearly he runs like a girl and fights like a little girl. The scratch probably came from a slap and he should have cut his fingernails  :laugh: He has been given a tough time at Anfield every match since he left, may it continue.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Joe getting boo'ed by the Eng-ur-lund crowd, the same thing happened to the likes of Roger Hunt and John Barnes so he's in good company.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:18 am

It's a slow news day, I'm sure JG doesn't give a monkey's about any of the episode from start to finish. All it serves is to make Sterling look even more stupid than he was on both the pitch at Anfield and later at the training ground.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:44 am

And just one more reason for me to take no interest in the overhyped England football team and their brain dead fans !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 am

devaney » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:44 am wrote:And just one more reason for me to take no interest in the overhyped England football team and their brain dead fans !!

Yep.
Roger Hunt used to get terrible stick from England fans because they thought Roger kept Jimmy Greaves out of the WC winning team when in fact it was Geoff Hurst who took Greaves place.
I wouldn't mind but given Roger was the star striker of the team who had walked the league that season and indeed the team who had had a lot of success over the previous 3 to 4 seasons he was the last member of that side that needed to justify his position. The big question should have been why weren't there more Liverpool players in that team?
West Ham for instance (who supplied Moore, Peters and Hurst) finished in the bottom half and conceded 80 goals!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Gomez is getting stick because Liverpool are bossing the league and we are the team everyone loves to hate. Pure envy, nothing more.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:37 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:50 pm wrote:Gomez is getting stick because Liverpool are bossing the league and we are the team everyone loves to hate. Pure envy, nothing more.

Well whatever the booing is down to according to reports in the media Joe and his family were pretty upset by what happened. Personally I wouldn't give two f**ks if a bunch of cockneys/southerners boo'ed me but Joe is from Catford in London so he was boo'ed in his home town which admittedly wouldn't be nice.
I know Joe didn't want it to happen but something like this will just endear him to Liverpool fans even more, especially given he only got involved with Sterling in the first place on behalf of a team mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:34 pm

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:51 pm

I'm in Joe Gomez's corner BUT this Aaron Cutler fella sounds like a right *****  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 am

Generally it's a decent article but if he thinks the EU is left wing or pro worker he is living in cloud cuckoo land. From it's very inception the EU (or the EEC as it was then) was a small c conservative pro big business protectionist racket which took a even harder turn to the right in the late 80's when Thatcher got her grubby mitts on it. Liverpool didn't vote overwhelmingly to stay in the EU, the vote was pretty close with only a few percentage points in it.
Apart from that, as I said, it's a decent article.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:38 am

Load of hot air if you ask me. All countries, cities, peoples have their issues and struggles and Liverpool's been no different. We were the second busiest port in the world at one stage which empowered the dockers to ignore economics and focus on themselves, Derek Hatton was a thinly veiled gangster, successive councils made no effort to repair the relationship with central government and if anything intensified the perception that Liverpool was separate and did it's own (very left wing) thing, out of step with the rest of the nation. That's not how politics works as evidenced by Thatcher's supposed response to allow the city to go into a managed decline - it was unnecessary Hatton was ensuring we were in accelerated decline by scaring off business. Yes we've had hardship, tragedy and recovery, but I don't buy in to this self perpetuated cr@p that we've been hard done by. Ever been to Coventry or the former towns of the Scottish ship building yards, the coal field towns, the old steel towns, South Wales... these people have suffered as much if not more than Liverpool. Gomez.... get over it and count the money in the bank. Media hyped over kill of a non event. All rise.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Reg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:38 am wrote:Load of hot air if you ask me. All countries, cities, peoples have their issues and struggles and Liverpool's been no different. We were the second busiest port in the world at one stage which empowered the dockers to ignore economics and focus on themselves, Derek Hatton was a thinly veiled gangster, successive councils made no effort to repair the relationship with central government and if anything intensified the perception that Liverpool was separate and did it's own (very left wing) thing, out of step with the rest of the nation. That's not how politics works as evidenced by Thatcher's supposed response to allow the city to go into a managed decline - it was unnecessary Hatton was ensuring we were in accelerated decline by scaring off business. Yes we've had hardship, tragedy and recovery, but I don't buy in to this self perpetuated cr@p that we've been hard done by. Ever been to Coventry or the former towns of the Scottish ship building yards, the coal field towns, the old steel towns, South Wales... these people have suffered as much if not more than Liverpool. Gomez.... get over it and count the money in the bank. Media hyped over kill of a non event. All rise.

Empowered the dockers to ignore economics and focus on themselves? Are you having a laugh Reg? And Hatton made no effort to repair the relationship with central government? Thatcher was laying waste to the industrial heartlands of this country, she wasn't interested in talking she was interested in crushing the working class.
It's been a while since I read so much guff in one post.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:15 pm

I don't see things through rose tinted glasses Yakka... the port of Liverpool was under massive decline with the advent of the container and joining the EU and emphasis moving to the south coast ports. Now you might think two teams of stevedores working ships was normal, one working whilst the other slept but economically it doesn't work. Thatcher laid waste to the heartland...? why/where? You mean uneconomical steel plants or unionised car plants run by Red Robbo and his mates? Jeez Yakka, you're saying Thatcher got pi$$ed off for no better reason that to destroy the country and not as a result of left wing union activity that had already brought down the Heath and Wilson/Callaghan governments already and looked invincible and able to destroy any government that challenged them by trying to regain management control? And Hatton took advantage of that or tried to find solutions? That little sh!t dug the hole as deep as he could as quickly as he could.  The union history of managed decline Yakka, not a government's history of managed decline. Feck me, you sound like this Corbyn a$$hole who wants to recreate the stupidity of the 70's....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Think you're wasting your breath here Reg. Some people have conveniently forgotten the power cuts , blackouts and "3 day working week" of the early seventies.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion