IAGO ASPAS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:03 am

devaney » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:00 am wrote:Stu I think you've been having more than just a few bevies since you came back !!!  :laugh:

Naaaa honest lad, two a night....

:wwww

:laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am

StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 am wrote:
devaney » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:00 am wrote:Stu I think you've been having more than just a few bevies since you came back !!!  :laugh:

Two what a night though Stu - BARRELS !!

And Gerrard is cack - always has been - don't know what you see in the lad - scores a half decent goal against Olympiakos and makes a career out of it - FUSS ABOUT NOTHING !!  :laugh: (and just in case anybody has had a sense of humour by-pass I'm only joking)
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:54 am

devaney » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am wrote:
StuYesThatStu » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 am wrote:

Two what a night though Stu - BARRELS !!

And Gerrard is cack - always has been - don't know what you see in the lad - scores a half decent goal against Olympiakos and makes a career out of it - FUSS ABOUT NOTHING !!  :laugh: (and just in case anybody has had a sense of humour by-pass I'm only joking)

Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby tadhger09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:44 pm

I know the lad is new to the PL and from a foreign country but I really am struggling to see a player in there.
tadhger09
LFC Basic Member

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:51 pm

tadhger09 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:44 pm wrote:I know the lad is new to the PL and from a foreign country but I really am struggling to see a player in there.

On a positive he can only get better. Very nervy start to life in the PL. He's not the first that has suffered that. Lets just hope he can come through it. Played some good stuff in pre season albeit mainly against weak opposition.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:46 pm

devaney » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:51 pm wrote:On a positive he can only get better.

What if he doesn't? :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:47 am

Didn't we put Borini out on loan?
Looks like he is still playing for us...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Heard you the first time... :D

Borini and Aspas upfront with Henderson and Lucas in midfield... you're playing Doncaster Rovers in the FA cup fourth round away... What score does it finish?

Doncaster 2 Liverpool 1. :down:

Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:19 am

StuYesThatStu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:21 pm wrote:Heard you the first time... :D

Borini and Aspas upfront with Henderson and Lucas in midfield... you're playing Doncaster Rovers in the FA cup fourth round away... What score does it finish?

Doncaster 2 Liverpool 1. :down:

4-1 LFC, Lucas hattrick
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 pm

Aspas admits he's finding it difficult being second choice at new club Liverpool

The Spanish striker, 26, arrived at Anfield for £7.5million from Celta Vigo in the summer but has found himself behind Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez in the pecking order, and is yet to find the net in the six matches he has played. 'I'm finding it hard to be a sub at Liverpool having started games in the past few years,' he said.

'When I left Celta Vigo I was aware that to start for Liverpool wasn't going to be easy,' added Aspas. 'And now the team is winning and we are among the
leaders in the Premier League, it's much hard to get a game.'

Sturridge and Suarez have been in lethal form for Brendan Rodgers' side this season, launching Liverpool to second in the league. Sturridge has six league
goals already this season while the Uruguayan striker has three in two matches since returning from his 10-game ban.

But the Spaniard is not concerned with their form and believes hard work on the training field will get him back into Rodgers' favour. 'I hope to carry on
working hard and little by little to get more game time with Liverpool. I want to change the current situation.'

Aspas has also seen Swansea striker Michu called into the Spanish squad on the back of excellent performances in the Premier League.'Now it's difficult
to get in the Spain team because I'm playing less but I'm not worried about that. However, I will try to get in the squad.''I know Michu and I congratulated
him on getting called up by Vicente Del Bosque. I told him to work really hard so will stay in the squad.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2455013/Iago-Aspas-admitted-hes-finding-difficult-new-club-Liverpool.html

At least the lad is saying the right things and willing to fight for his place ,I personally would be more than intrigued to see him line up alongside
Suarez when Sturridge is flagging ....Maybe he's just missing playing alongside someone who has the brain to benefit from his flicks and tricks .

I still believe the lad will shine if he's given an opportunity to play in his familiar position of striker.....or used as an impact sub ,rather than
f*cking 'Mr Glass '
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Who is Mr Glass ?

He has shown himself to be another Borini

Just isn't good enough to play at the top level in the prem. Far too "lightweight" and expect him to carry on fading away and be sold for a couple million in the summer IMO

There was a reason he has spent most of his career playing in the lower levels of Spanish football.

Not sure why he is talking about the Spanish Team because he is a million miles away from that with the talent they have available.
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 pm

I just don't see it with him. He does have some nice little flicks and what not, and like RBG said maybe Suarez would be more able to read those, but I don't think it's enough.  All he's managed to do is get a lot of yellow cards. I don't feel he's creating chances, and I know he's not scoring goals, and that's really the two things you need from an attacking  player.

It would be nice if we were still involved in the league cup this season where players like him and Allen could get a good run out and see if they could get some confidence going. Just have to wait for the FA cup for that I guess.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:34 pm

ethanr » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:13 pm wrote:I just don't see it with him. He does have some nice little flicks and what not, and like RBG said maybe Suarez would be more able to read those, but I don't think it's enough.  All he's managed to do is get a lot of yellow cards. I don't feel he's creating chances, and I know he's not scoring goals, and that's really the two things you need from an attacking  player.

It would be nice if we were still involved in the league cup this season where players like him and Allen could get a good run out and see if they could get some confidence going. Just have to wait for the FA cup for that I guess.

I just don't believe he's been afforded the time to adapt to a position that was alien to him mate,I still believe he could be far more effective if
utilised as an impact sub rather than introducing the brittle Sterling.....So for that reason alone I'm not going to give up on the lad just yet.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:43 pm

If we have the chance, I think we should use him as a striker. I believe he will be much more useful if he's often in the penalty area, mostly as a poacher. Something like Chicharito.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:46 pm

damjan193 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:43 pm wrote:If we have the chance, I think we should use him as a striker. I believe he will be much more useful if he's often in the penalty area, mostly as a poacher. Something like Chicharito.

Instead of who ? Sturridge or Suarez ?

Aspas has shown nothing that should mean he should be played as a striker IMO

He was the wrong buy IMO
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion