Houllier's tacticul nieviety? - Is houllier making tacticul mistakes?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:21 pm

EggHead wrote:Houllier needs to play an anchor man or will drop points for no reason, thank good hamann is back.

Too true.

Steven Gerard is at his best when he has the freedom of the pitch, allowing him to bomb forward, not hanging back protecting the defence.

When Hamman was injured Diao should have been picked as the holding midfielder, allowing Gerrard to get forward.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:05 pm

Yeah i agree, diao derserved a chance to have a run in the team, he looked quality against arsenal, i new he was strong and not afraid of a challange, but he suprised me with the quality of his distrabution.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:42 pm

To me Gerard Houllier's new 'attacking style' seems to have a major flaw, he dosen't play with an anchor man.  In my opionion that cost us the game against charlton.  Also against Portsouth, although i thought he played the right team, i thought he should have varied the shape, with diouf along side heskey, kewell on the left, and gerrard on the right, and smicer in the hole, although this may not be a perment tactict it is good to suprise your oppisiton, also houllier also seems incapable of turning things around when we are losing. Maybe Houllier isn't the great taction some think?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:39 pm

What are you talking about has G Houlier is a anchor
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion