FABIO AURELIO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:34 pm

bigmick wrote:The last three posters have made the point that it's too early to judge. Well we've been here before so here goes.

This is a discussion forum, so it's not too early for ME to judge. You may want to wait until he's played 6 or 66 games before you put your opinion on the line, but I don't. I'm happy to put my opinion on the line and say he's a good player, after two games. Don't please tell me it's too early to judge, what you mean is it's too early for you to judge. When you've judged, put up your opinion. Or try a "based on what I have seen sofar I have/haven't been that impressed. Having said that, my suspicion is that he will improve/deteriorate over the course of a season. We had all this "it's too early to judge" nonsense with Morientes last season. Be brave, nobody's going to shoot you if you call it wrong.

Ok, based on what i've seen of him he's :censored::D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:42 pm

bigmick wrote:The last three posters have made the point that it's too early to judge. Well we've been here before so here goes.

This is a discussion forum, so it's not too early for ME to judge. You may want to wait until he's played 6 or 66 games before you put your opinion on the line, but I don't. I'm happy to put my opinion on the line and say he's a good player, after two games. Don't please tell me it's too early to judge, what you mean is it's too early for you to judge. When you've judged, put up your opinion. Or try a "based on what I have seen sofar I have/haven't been that impressed. Having said that, my suspicion is that he will improve/deteriorate over the course of a season. We had all this "it's too early to judge" nonsense with Morientes last season. Be brave, nobody's going to shoot you if you call it wrong.

I remember last season early on that Mick said that Morientes won't cut the mustard in England. Many said ''it was too early to tell''

Never doubt Mick.

:D
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:50 pm

Nah I talk as much sh!te as anybody on here mate. I just can't go for all this "lets give him time" stuff. Armchair OOTers like myself can shout at the telly all we want, it's not going to have an impact on the blokes confidence. If I was at the game and didn't rate the bloke I wouldn't slag any Liverpool player but on a discussion forum we might aswell all have an opinion. It's no good waiting 'till the end of the season, looking at each other and saying "right, is it Ok to have an opinion now?"

Obviously the earlier you call it, the more chance you've got of being wrong but WTF we were nearly all wrong about Sissoko and I'm over the moon we were. I think he's a good player (Aurelio) and will have an immediate impact, likewise Bellamy and Pennant who could prove to be great buys. Gonzales I think we will have to wait until next season for if at all, and I like Agger. Kite I haven't seen yet and don't get me started on Zenden. There you go.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:51 pm

from current observations on Aurelio, id say he has of course much to acclimatise to in our tempestuous league yet. but early promise is pleasing to see and i believe he has the end product to overcome the detractors ultimately....even ones who are afraid to stick their heads above the parapit to comment for fear of looking 'stupid' as mick pointed out, must recognise his apparant 'wherewithall'  to improve this squad that the brazilian has introduced for our options on the left.

as for Riise (injury aside) it'll either make or break him having competition for his place. (and harry kewell's, even allowing for the fact he aint a defender).  id like to say its healthy to have such variations available...but in the end, one of either Risse/Gonzalez/Kewell or Aurelio will eventually fail to make the cut once the ante has been upped enough. though its a totally different discussion as to 'who' that 'should' be.

im more confident in saying however, that Aurelio will not be going anywhere soon. even down to the stiffs, too often...

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:51 pm

Anyways AB what do you think mate? You're never short of an opinion. What do you think of Aurelio?
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:56 pm

red37 wrote:as for Riise (injury aside) it'll either make or break him having competition for his place.

My suspicion is Red that our first choice left-hand side could become Riise/Aurelio (though I personally would play Riise at left-mid) and that Gonzales will play at best a cameo role this season. Though I much respect Sabre and know for certain both that he knows football at great depth and that he really rates Gonzales, so far I have grave concerns about his ability to adapt in English football to be totally honest.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:57 pm

bigmick wrote:Anyways AB what do you think mate? You're never short of an opinion. What do you think of Aurelio?

I like the fact that he brings more technical ability into the squad, something that Riise dreams of having.

But I'd like to see more of him before making overall judgements on him. I recall Josemi having a decent start to the season two years ago, and look how that ended up.

[note I'm not comparing Josemi and Aurelio directly  :D ]
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:59 pm

bigmick wrote:
red37 wrote:as for Riise (injury aside) it'll either make or break him having competition for his place.

My suspicion is Red that our first choice left-hand side could become Riise/Aurelio (though I personally would play Riise at left-mid) and that Gonzales will play at best a cameo role this season. Though I much respect Sabre and know for certain both that he knows football at great depth and that he really rates Gonzales, so far I have grave concerns about his ability to adapt in English football to be totally honest.

I hold the same concerns regarding Gonzalez, but then again I felt the same way about Garcia when he joined us. Imo he's more lightweight than Gonzalez is but he's never let the physical side of the game, affect what he brings into the squad.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:59 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:
bigmick wrote:Anyways AB what do you think mate? You're never short of an opinion. What do you think of Aurelio?

I like the fact that he brings more technical ability into the squad, something that Riise dreams of having.

But I'd like to see more of him before making overall judgements on him. I recall Josemi having a decent start to the season two years ago, and look how that ended up.

Jeez mate thats a harsh call. I reckon if I was a Liverpool player and I heard fans mentioning my name in the same sentence as Josemi I'd be seeking counselling. Needless to say I really rated Josemi based on his first couple of performances   :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:04 pm

bigmick wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:

Jeez mate thats a harsh call. I reckon if I was a Liverpool player and I heard fans mentioning my name in the same sentence as Josemi I'd be seeking counselling. Needless to say I really rated Josemi based on his first couple of performances   :D

As I said I'm not comparing their ability, (I'd be daft to do that, I mean it's Josemi FFS  :D ) but I'm just saying that a good start doesn't necesseraly mean that he'll turn out to be a good player in England.

But I think the major problem with Josemi was that he failed to learn the language. I don't think he knew much of English, and how the feck are you going to communicate on the pitch at the back?

And another thing, Josemi comes from a part of Spain where people have dialects that are very difficult to understand even for other Spanish people. I've heard that Xabi,Luis,Rafa,etc.. had problems fully understanding him.  :D
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby Redbilly1960 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:09 pm

OK, Point taken, So far he has not impressed. Lets keep a tight hold of the tried and tested JAR.
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:30 pm

Andy Gray is a tw@t.

Dog sh!t has more football knowledge than that pumper!

He was crud at football years ago and he still shows he hasn't got a grip of the game now. I will however punch his fking lights out if I ever get within 2 foot of him.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:40 pm

Lee J wrote:Andy Gray is a tw@t.

I will however punch his fking lights out if I ever get within 2 foot of him.

"what a hit son, what a hit"

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:19 pm

he is a good player,
no doubting his attacking ability.
looked a bit dodgy defense wise, but i'm sure he'll improve. :;):
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:11 pm

JAR would still be my 1st choice LB even with the arrival of our new signings setting aside ashley cole JAR is the best LB in the premiership.:D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion