Dirk kuyt - He works hard

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:50 am

But not much else!

Why is he in the team?

He runs around alot and thats about it. Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano are there to work hard, they do all work hard and press the ball. Even Arbeloa and Torres put a shift in, so does Keane. Surely he's got to go now. He's not upto it, never has been and never will. Where are all these people now who were telling me how wrong I was about this player last season and to remember Henry and Drogba etc etc.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:56 am

Yawn, I say yawn as if I yawn you won't see it. How much has he contributed this season compared to other players? Yet where is the bashing of all other players. as always it's just you saying something no one realyl cares about and trying to say how right you are. Shall we say how right you are about Ashton, does he even play anymore?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:59 am

dawson99 wrote:Yawn, I say yawn as if I yawn you won't see it. How much has he contributed this season compared to other players? Yet where is the bashing of all other players. as always it's just you saying something no one realyl cares about and trying to say how right you are. Shall we say how right you are about Ashton, does he even play anymore?

Or Pennant for that matter.

Yes you're right Stu, give yourself a pat on the back.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:00 am

dawson99 wrote:Yawn, I say yawn as if I yawn you won't see it. How much has he contributed this season compared to other players? Yet where is the bashing of all other players. as always it's just you saying something no one realyl cares about and trying to say how right you are. Shall we say how right you are about Ashton, does he even play anymore?

Give ANY of our forwards as many games/time as Kuyt and see if they don't contribute AT LEAST as much as he has.
Zidane

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:03 am

Zidane wrote:

Give ANY of our forwards as many games/time as Kuyt and see if they don't contribute AT LEAST as much as he has.

He's been no the right wing hasn't he, not as a forward as much as others?
But yeah, you're right, what's he done this season, let's get rid now and not lay the blame anywhere else
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:18 am

Bam wrote:

Or Pennant for that matter.

Yes you're right Stu, give yourself a pat on the back.

pennant is needed in the side now and hes someone id love to see in the side week in week out given te injury of torres, the form of other players, the way we'r playing..etc etc

ashton is a better striker thank kuyt is.. not even a contest... hes not playing because hes injured.. blah blah

kuyt has always been a sht playeer and the fact that hes scored a few goals early on in the season doesnt justify him getting picked for every game or him not being subbed when he fails to perform... he doesnt add anything to the side when he doesnt score and more often than not i find his contribution to be more detrimental to our chances of scoring than anyting really...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:19 am

I'm sorry but some of you should be ashmed to be Liverpool fans. Every time as soon as it goes a bit wobbly, it's about Kuyt. Disgraceful. When we win and he scores he gets no credit but when we draw or lose he gets ALL the blame.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:21 am

dawson99 wrote:I'm sorry but some of you should be ashmed to be Liverpool fans. Every time as soon as it goes a bit wobbly, it's about Kuyt. Disgraceful. When we win and he scores he gets no credit but when we draw or lose he gets ALL the blame.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have always been critical of Kuyt when we're going good or bad.
Zidane

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:23 am

Zidane wrote:
dawson99 wrote:I'm sorry but some of you should be ashmed to be Liverpool fans. Every time as soon as it goes a bit wobbly, it's about Kuyt. Disgraceful. When we win and he scores he gets no credit but when we draw or lose he gets ALL the blame.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have always been critical of Kuyt when we're going good or bad.

Well I take it back, you're a great fan  :Oo:
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:24 am

Kuyt frustrates me..............as i watch him play and think you bloody :censored: why the hell did you do that? Easy to say from the lounge though :D
I think the description in the Dirk Kuyt thread is accurate, he is a much more valuable player against tougher sides, because of the work ethic, he can put pressure on opposition passing.
However, against weaker sides, seeing how he seems to have absolutely horrid finishing, dribbling, crossing, passing, and generally anything you would need to turn a marathon runner into a football player :D , this means he is, in short, absolute sh!te.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:29 am

give me a fckin break... 3 posts already in this thread and not one of them discussing the player.. all wise as$ replies to posters and no actual input to the discussion... stop worrying about everyone else being fckin disgraceful fans and start talking footie or just stick to piking fights on general forum...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:35 am

Piking fights?
Ok, Dirk Kuyt - the season.
He has played 16 games, scoring 5 goals. And has been on the right wing, out of position every game more or less.
Riera has played on the other side, in his natural position, played 13 games, and I admit 2 of them have been have been as a sub and he has scored... one goal.

Ok, lets do tackling between the two players... or assists, or movement (not first touch)
Pretty sure Kuyt wins every round? But wait, I can't seem to find the Get riera Out thread?

Yeah, Kuyt is not the most naturally gifted player, but show me a player who tries harder? He may not be the most prolific, but one in three for a winger are good stats.
I just think we need to find a new outlet for our frustration at dropping too many points as this seems to be the easy way out.
I hope this is ok Ace, now let's see a nice retort.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:58 am

dawson99 wrote:But wait, I can't seem to find the Get riera Out thread?

Riera is on a different level to kuyt. all the latter does is run around, work hard like a headless chicken and pop up to score the rare goals. before you call me fickle, dont. cause ive always been critical of kuyt but yesterday he was ghastly.

he couldnt control the ball, offered nothing in attack, lost the ball and broke down so many of our attacks, is a very limited player, for a supposedly striker he should have reveled in the role given last night. if anything, it just proved he shouldnt be a striker.

and this is not the first time he has had matches like this. i thought he had turned the corner and found his form so i was delighted for the team but the past 2 matches. regardless of his contribution or assists, he was p!ss poor.

back then all sorts of excuses came up including his dad passing away. what is the excuse now? he had one chance in front of goal where any striker would have slammed it in but ive no clue how on earth it bounced off him instead. it was painful to watch him and honestly it was like 10 men, and maybe you can make it 9 due to our left back.

and wtf is kuyt doing to rafa? his tealady or his beetch or something? he plays :censored: and he stays. Keane plays :censored: and he is off like in 60mins. kuyt never gets that treatment! and its unfair. for someone so limited he shouldnt be a first team player. or just stick him on the right of the field where he seems to be doing best.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 am

dawson99 wrote:Piking fights?
Ok, Dirk Kuyt - the season.
He has played 16 games, scoring 5 goals. And has been on the right wing, out of position every game more or less.
Riera has played on the other side, in his natural position, played 13 games, and I admit 2 of them have been have been as a sub and he has scored... one goal.

Ok, lets do tackling between the two players... or assists, or movement (not first touch)
Pretty sure Kuyt wins every round? But wait, I can't seem to find the Get riera Out thread?

Yeah, Kuyt is not the most naturally gifted player, but show me a player who tries harder? He may not be the most prolific, but one in three for a winger are good stats.
I just think we need to find a new outlet for our frustration at dropping too many points as this seems to be the easy way out.
I hope this is ok Ace, now let's see a nice retort.

Comparing Riera and Kuyt is silly.  That's like saying Xabi doesn't contribute as much as Kuyt, which is stupid to say, just because he hasn't scored as many goals doesn't try as hard etc etc.  They are two different players entirely.

The bottom line in my opinion is he should not be a starter, no matter what reasoning you Kuyt fans have he is not good enough for that are people really that blind?

He is detrimental to the team in many games but is also equally important in others I won't debate that but a player that gets no competition for his spot should not have this issue.  This is my biggest complaint with Kuyt.
Zidane

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:02 am

Ok, enlightne me, show me the statsm whos scored more, whos created more goals? whos tackled more? Show me the proof and i'll happily agree, all I'm hearing is the same old same old excuse of just laying all the blame on one player time and time again. I only used riera as an example.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion