Dirk kuyt dutch footballer of the year.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:27 am

After Kuyts wonderful debut at Anfield, sunday he went to the Kuip and said his farewells to the Feyenoord supporters, and told them he will be back some day.
There wasnt a dry eye in the house as they sang You'll Never Walk Alone.
Later that evening Dirk Kuyt recieved the golden boot for being the dutch player of the year on sunday, he recieved the golden boot from his terminally ill father.
His father said Dirk me and your mother have followed and supported you throughout your career, we love you very much, you have made us very proud.
Dirk gave a song on the stage with young dutch artist Jan Smit, and sang "when the night dissappears" What ever that is :D
His father said as long as you play in red, You'll never walk alone son.

Cant post the other pics up but here is the link.

http://www.telesport.nl/voetbal/article570927.ece
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:38 am

Ciggy wrote:Dirk gave a song on the stage with young dutch artist Jan Smit, and sang "when the night dissappears" What ever that is :D

he should have sang "rotterdam" by the beautiful south as the lyrics are quite apt for him. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:40 am

Congrats Dirk :)

He must be doing something right  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:44 am

You can see a small clip of him recieving the reward on the right of this page click on Prijzen for Cruijff and Kuijt. Its very sad.

http://www.nos.nl/nosjournaal/voorpagina/index.htm
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Njoythegame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:27 am

Ciggy wrote:After Kuyts wonderful debut at Anfield, sunday he went to the Kuip and said his farewells to the Feyenoord supporters, and told them he will be back some day.
There wasnt a dry eye in the house as they sang You'll Never Walk Alone.
Later that evening Dirk Kuyt recieved the golden boot for being the dutch player of the year on sunday, he recieved the golden boot from his terminally ill father.
His father said Dirk me and your mother have followed and supported you throughout your career, we love you very much, you have made us very proud.
Dirk gave a song on the stage with young dutch artist Jan Smit, and sang "when the night dissappears" What ever that is :D
His father said as long as you play in red, You'll never walk alone son.

Cant post the other pics up but here is the link.

http://www.telesport.nl/voetbal/article570927.ece

In fact Kuyts father didnt say much on stage:

Kuyts father gave Dirk the award,saying" From the family",
he just wanted to say his son,that the whole family is behind him. Dirk replied giving his father a big hug and saying that
his father never said much words,but had done great things in his life.
He also said that he loved him very much.

A minute later he honoured the other pricewinners,Feyenoord
club and fans,and of course his wife and family.

In Holland we are all sad that Dirk is leaving,but
we know,without any doubt,that Dirk will be huge
in Liverpool.  Good luck Dirk.
Njoythegame

Postby Kuyt for President! » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:33 am

It's very sad indeed...

Dirk is an emotional man and it hurts to see him sad.
I hope that he and his dad will have time left to enjoy his goals at anfield together.
Be there for him when he needs it OK?

God...I really miss good old Dirk here at Feyenoord!

But I'm coming to Liverpool this season to see him again and support him.
It will be my third visit to Liverpool and Anfield. Just love the club and the city and yeah....I'm an FabFour lover as well (can't help it  :cool: )
Kuyt for President!

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:36 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Nice stuff, that...thanks Ciggy! :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:29 pm

More info on our new lad Dirk on .tv today for those who haven't seen it.  I've highlighted sections discussing the correct pronounciation of Kuyt and his charity work with poor children.  This lad seems quite a person in addition to being a sound footballer! :bowdown

-------------------
This week's 'LFC Letter From...' column has been written by Dutch Red Joseph Corrigan who explains the impact Dirk Kuyt's arrival at Anfield has had back in his homeland.
A Letter from Holland

On moving to The Netherlands in 1994 I found it very hard to keep in touch with our great club. There were no flights to Liverpool except on expensive journeys via that unmentionable place.

There was no Liverpoolfc.tv as I recall, indeed I believe we were the last team in the Premier League to have a website. To see how great it has become and how important it is to Reds fans the world over is brilliant.

When I saw the Dutch branch listed for the first time I was ecstatic, even more so when I saw the Chairman was Mike Kennedy, my childhood friend. We used to follow Liverpool together throughout the late 1960s up until 1978, when Mike moved to Holland and we lost touch. Thanks to Liverpoolfc.tv we are reunited and thanks to Easyjet discovering Speke we are on the road with the Reds once again.

The Dutch branch is growing quite spectacularly now and interest in LFC is phenomenal. We are most definitely back on our perch! The treble season revived interest in Liverpool all over Europe but that night in Istanbul won us so many new admirers. Dutch people saw that comeback as a sign of mental strength in adversity, a typically British characteristic. The Dutch are very pragmatic people but they love the romance of football. Even Johan Cruyff, who had previously described LFC as assassins of football, said he was overcome with emotion that night.

After Istanbul we had many requests for membership and trips to Anfied. It is very common for Dutch fans to follow a favourite player even after he has left their club, but these fans were coming to us to sample the Anfield atmosphere. Amazingly, many now travel regularly all over Europe to watch the Reds though they maintain their allegiance to their Dutch clubs.

Feyenoord fans are renowned for their loyalty to favourite sons, thus our signing Dirk Kuyt has led to an explosion of interest in the Dutch branch from Rotterdamers.

I suppose I should mention the pronunciation of Dirk’s name. In Holland it rhymes with shout, so Kopites need to get to work on new songs. ”Shout” by Tears for Fears perhaps or the much livelier “Shout ”by Lulu.

“YOU KNOW HE MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT (KUYT),
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH.”

The fact that Dirk doesn’t mind how his name is pronounced shouldn’t let you think you can sing a certain song from “Mary Poppins”!

Dirk is a modest, hardworking and totally dedicated footballer. He was loved at Feyenoord as much for his great team ethic as his goals (71 in 101 games). Rotterdamers and Scousers share more than the world’s two greatest port cities, they admire players who work for the team and never cheat the fans. In return, their support is unwavering. As at Anfield, they never walk alone at De Kuip.

Dirk Kuyt will be a sensation at Liverpool. He has everything Rafa looks for in a player including an unbelievable fitness record. He’s already a sensation in The Netherlands to the extent that now Liverpool scores are being given out on non-sport Dutch radio stations! I’ll need a secretary to cope with the workload but I can live with that.
Dirk has just won the prestigious Dutch Player of the Year award. This great honour, previously won by Ronaldo, Jari Litmanen (loved here as much as in Liverpool) and Denis Bergkamp, was presented by Dirk’s dad, a nice touch. After the presentation our golden boy got up to sing for Dutch TV - a very confident lad he is. Those of us who have seen a lot of Dirk are really excited that he has signed for Liverpool. Koos De Haan, a lifelong Feyenoord fan, has been telling me for two years that Liverpool and Kuyt were made for each other.

From the first time he visited Anfield Koos was certain that Kuyt should only play for the greatest supporters, a nice compliment to you Scousers! Feyenoord fans, though sad to lose Dirk, seem happy that he’s chosen the Reds.

I should mention another aspect of Dirk’s life, the Dirk Kuyt Foundation, his charity working with some of the world’s poorest children. The Foundation supports various sports development projects around the world. These are run by local people to improve the health and welfare of deprived kids and to promote social cohesion. Dirk believes team sports teach children to think of others and to become more socially aware. The Foundation offers hope of a brighter future but as Dirk says “die kids hebben een lol met elkaar” - those kids have a right laugh together!

The Foundation website is www.dirkkuytfoundation.org. It is in Dutch but there are pictures which give an idea of the great work going on. Dirk’s latest fundraiser is an official Dutch post office stamp of him with all proceeds going to the Foundation.

Dirk Kuyt will be a sensation at Liverpool. He has everything Rafa looks for in a player including an unbelievable fitness record. He’s already a sensation in The Netherlands to the extent that now Liverpool scores are being given out on non-sport Dutch radio stations! I’ll need a secretary to cope with the workload but I can live with that.

Kuyt-mania shouldn’t obscure the fact that we have another Dutchman at Liverpool. Bolo Zenden is of course very well known in England. It was a great shame he was so badly injured last season, just as he was turning in some great performances. Rafa is encouraging the versatility common in Dutch footballers and Bolo certainly has the brain to function well in various positions. In what is likely to be a long, hard and successful season Zenden could have a very important role to play.

So that’s our Dutch update. Liverpool Football Club is more popular than ever. Mikael Roufosse, Chairman of the Belgian branch reports the same. So here’s to success in Eindhoven and the bandwagon rolling again.

"We'll win it six times, we'll win it six times, in ancient Greece we’ll win it six times."

Please note our website - www.liverpoolsupporters.com (English)
and www.liverpoolsupporters.nl (Dutch) are both being reconstructed to cope with Kuyt-mania. For the moment all enquiries should be directed to joecorrigan1@hotmail.com
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Graeme Noble » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:33 pm

Kuyt will be a massive hit at Anfield I think. Lets just hope he gets picked regularly and we can all see what he is really made of.
Graeme Noble

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:34 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:and we can all see what he is really made of.

Gouda?  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby molovinPSV » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:39 pm

that win in Eindhoven is something he can forget, that will NOT happen   :;):
molovinPSV

Postby columbia » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:56 am

stmichael wrote:in all it's glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1xCPgskPDU

:D

i cannot beleive no one has said anything about that!

that is one of the craziest things ive ever seen.
columbia

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:58 am

If someone can find the You'll never walk alone part of that show it would be great. cheer
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:37 pm

columbia wrote:
stmichael wrote:in all it's glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1xCPgskPDU

:D

i cannot beleive no one has said anything about that!

that is one of the craziest things ive ever seen.

Your right. Thats sheer madness.
Gaunt

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion