Dirk kuyt - Dissapointed or content or happy ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Still seems a strange signing to me , not seen him play and therefore dont know much about him. Im not one to roll along with all this "In Rafa we trust" rubbish

I would like to think that he watches every player he signs very closely and numerous times before he signs them, but there have been a few that have not made the grade just as there has been a few who have. Rafa has shown he is not perfect in the transfer market by any means but no manager is or has been and nobody knows exactly if a certain player is going to adapt to the prem no matter how many times they watch them play or how well they perform for for their previous club.

So im going to reserve judgement on Vornonin until ive seen him play a few times, after all i never ever thought Crouch would be half the player he is for us and he was already established in the prem
destro

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:46 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
JBG wrote:He's a strange signing. If Vornonin is an unqualified success (or for that matter, a qualified one) at Liverpool I'll eat my hat. :blues:

Strange or stupid?

One thing I garentee, he's adding unnesseccary pressure to himself by doing this. No-one can deny that. Even if its only a little bit. Its a very unpopular decision.

Well, lets see Voronin play for Liverpool before we pass final judgement.

However, it doesn't really make sense. We already have four strikers at the club, Voronin will make it five and Pongolle has said that he's been told by Benitez that he will be coming back to Anfield in the summer from Recreativo. Its also strongly rumoured that an expensive forward in addition to Voronin will also be brought in.

If money was tight you might argue that Voronin is not a bad signing, but money isn't tight, and we need a goalscoring forward.

Also, the arguement that he is "free"/costs us nothing isn't accurate: Voronin's agent will have to be paid, he will get a generous signing on fee and will likely have substantial wages of at least 40,000 a week as he came on a Bosman.

Also, Cisse and Le Tallec aren't exactly setting the French league on fire at the moment and there's no guarantee that we'll flog them in the summer. So where will all these strikers fit in?  ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 pm

JBG wrote:Well, lets see Voronin play for Liverpool before we pass final judgement.

Also,  Le Tallec aren't exactly setting the French league on fire at the moment and there's no guarantee that we'll flog them in the summer.

I am not happy about this new striker coming either, but I havent seen him play to pass judgement well I probably have but cant remember him.
I cannot see him being a regular in the starting 11 either.
But I cant critise the fella even before he plays for us, so I will reserve my judgement.

Pongolle doesnt want to come back he has made it quite clear.

On Le Tallec surely his contract must be up at the end of the season?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:07 pm

not sure on the Le Tallec contract thing...knowing Houllier, he's probably on a 10 year deal!  :Oo:

JBG, we may have 4 strikers now...but Fowler is most likely off in the summer and i'll be very surprised if we ever see Pongolle in a Liverpool shirt again.

Althoug Cisse hasn't been on fire in France, i'm certain that a deal is already done (7 million?) and he won't be back either.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:14 pm

Hasnt Cisse scored 5 in 5 for Marseille ? I was and still am a big fan and wouldnt be unhappy if he did come back to us
destro

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Think this topic shouldf be called Bellamy meself, Kuyt has worked his socks off since the day he arrived.
Bellamy is a different story all together I didnt want him to come to Liverpool in the first place, and he hasnt done much to change my opinion since he has arrived either.

Bellamy is a good player dont get me wrong but our system doesnt suit him one bit.
And I would like to know why he was subbed so early on on sayurday Rafa never makes changes so early unless theres an injury or your name is Djbril.  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:57 pm

Ciggy wrote:Think this topic shouldf be called Bellamy meself, Kuyt has worked his socks off since the day he arrived.
Bellamy is a different story all together I didnt want him to come to Liverpool in the first place, and he hasnt done much to change my opinion since he has arrived either.

Bellamy is a good player dont get me wrong but our system doesnt suit him one bit.
And I would like to know why he was subbed so early on on sayurday Rafa never makes changes so early unless theres an injury or your name is Djbril.  :D

A total waste of talent

He's not playing anywhere near the level he did under Bobby Robson & Mark HUghes

He needs to be loved ala Gerrard in the past and we know Rafa will never love any one footballer (unless he has gay tendencies towards little luis) :D

When his career is over Bellamy will look back and think what might have been. He basically blew it here and thats sad because if he had played anywhere near the level he did at Blackburn & Newcastle he would have had a great Liverpool career. If we can get our money back and replace him with someone of equal pace who poseses a goal threat goodbye bellamy. Has done a job for a season no more.

The Tracy Barlow of the Premiership :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:09 pm

stmichael wrote:A total waste of talent

He's not playing anywhere near the level he did under Bobby Robson & Mark HUghes

He needs to be loved ala Gerrard in the past and we know Rafa will never love any one footballer (unless he has gay tendencies towards little luis) :D

When his career is over Bellamy will look back and think what might have been. He basically blew it here and thats sad because if he had played anywhere near the level he did at Blackburn & Newcastle he would have had a great Liverpool career.

But why though?
I know he's a hothead and a bit of a kunt, he is supposed to be a liverpool fan.
Surely he would have some fire in his belly to do his best at a big club?
When he gives interviews I reckon he speaks the truth and says it as it is.
I cannot fathom out why he hasnt been great for us.
I dont know what his reason is maybe because when you take the kunt out of the player he isnt the same player anymore e.g. Gerrard, Bellamy, Rooney?

A week ago when we played Arsenal Crouch played superb absolutley great to get his place back and try to make sure he can get another season with us, same as tuesday against PSV ok he didnt play aswell as against the gunners but he got a goal and made one.  Before the Arsenal game Crouch had only made 16 starts because Bellamy and Kuyt where the favs maybe if Crouch had started more we wouldnt have suffered so many defeats away from home.

I thought against Reading Bellamy would be really fired up as if to say anything you can do I can do better, but no?
Very strange, unless something more happened in Portugal than we are aware of and he knows he is off?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:43 pm

I don't think Bellamy's blown it here.  He's made an impact and, at times, has been one of our best attacking options.  And, I think he works almost as hard as Kuyt to close defenders down and create space for others.  At times I think he's been starved for service.  In fact, Saturday's game was a prime example of that--very few through balls played despite Reading pushing up.  And, then Rafa inexplicably substitutes him early in the 2nd half.

On other occasions, it hasn't been his type of game.  Any game where teams park a bus and defend deep is not going to suit Bellamy, who needs space to run into.  That rules him out of most games at Anfield except, of course, when the big boys come to town (recall the whammy he put on Vidic when the Scum came to Anfield).

For my money, he hasn't been great, hasn't been terrible--much like Kuyt.  Having said that, he's the one I'd most like to see go in order to make room for a top class striker.  Crouch is just too useful to the squad to get shut of yet and Kuyt will only continue to grow as a Premiership footballer.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:For my money, he hasn't been great, hasn't been terrible--much like Kuyt.  Having said that, he's the one I'd most like to see go in order to make room for a top class striker.  Crouch is just too useful to the squad to get shut of yet and Kuyt will only continue to grow as a Premiership footballer.

:cool: Well said that man.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:33 pm

he hasn't been great, hasn't been terrible--much like Kuyt.  Having said that, he's the one I'd most like to see go in order to make room for a top class striker.

thats probably the best way to describe Bellamy and Kuyt.  Personally i'd like to see both of them stay...however, for what we paid, Bellamy wasn't a high risk and its already been common knowledge that Villa have made an attempt to sign him.

It's a tough one....with the extra money Rafa can really raise the bar in who he signs but with that comes a huge risk.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:42 am

7_Kewell wrote:not sure on the Le Tallec contract thing...knowing Houllier, he's probably on a 10 year deal!  :Oo:

JBG, we may have 4 strikers now...but Fowler is most likely off in the summer and i'll be very surprised if we ever see Pongolle in a Liverpool shirt again.

Althoug Cisse hasn't been on fire in France, i'm certain that a deal is already done (7 million?) and he won't be back either.

Its not certain a deal for Cisse has been done.  Papa Diouf wants Cisse but whether he does actually sign is another matter.

If he doesnt go to the OM am I right in saying Cisse could end up going for a very low price as his contract is due to run out next year?

I think Pongelle could have quite a few takers in the summer.  His had a very good season in Spain.

I have been disappointed with Kuyt.  The guy works very hard but I just dont see him as a goal threat.  His 1st touch isnt the best, his not the quickest and to be honest I did think he would of scored more goals.
puroresu

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:44 pm

Just spent a week in my caravan in wales and every day i get up early and go to the shop and buy every paper there is. ( Not the Sun though) And there were a couple off stories saying Liverpool are on the verge to sign Tevez. And masherino suposerdly keeps in contact with him. Now Dirk K works hard and all but he has't got that touch off class i would love if we could get Tevez to replace Dirk he is just not world class and thats wot we need now WORLD CLASS.
grayghost

Postby tommycockles » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:59 pm

I would definitely take Tevez- if you supply him the ball he will score goals but if you don't (as at West Ham) he will go back and make things happen- and still score goals! He has a good build for british football so is strong on the ball and will definitely be a great buy if we can get him for a reasonable price!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:12 pm

tommycockles wrote:I would definitely take Tevez- if you supply him the ball he will score goals but if you don't (as at West Ham) he will go back and make things happen- and still score goals! He has a good build for british football so is strong on the ball and will definitely be a great buy if we can get him for a reasonable price!!

I like Tevez but once again a player has a few good games, gets some good press and the bandwagon starts rolling again.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion