DANNY PACHECO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Danny Pacheco did an interview with Marca, got this off elsewhere where it was translated.

Dani Pacheco (Pizarra, Malaga. January, 1991) is in the news. The young Liverpool player has been loaned out to Norwich FC until the end of May, a team currently playing in the English Championship and who are fighting for promotion to the Premier League. Pacheco looks very motivated and sees the move as a challenge. Right now he’s in Malaga but next Tuesday he will join his new club. He acknowledges that he’s “experienced some rough moments with the ‘reds’ and doesn’t want to go through them again”. Norwich have eight games left where he will have the opportunity to show whether he could one day become a top player. He's not lacking in desire.

What’s your take on the loan move from Liverpool to Norwich FC?

- I’m happy. I needed it. I asked for it in the summer but it’s only now that I’ve been granted permission. There are eight games left to play for Norwich where I will be able to gain experience and play minutes, which is what I've been looking for. Norwich are a team that have a lot at stake because there are possibilities to win promotion to the Premier League. After playing the European Championship with Spain [last summer] I asked for some playing time but I haven't gotten much of it at Liverpool. Now I'll have a chance to prove my value.

At Liverpool, have they told you whether you're going to be a part of their plans for next season?

- We’ll see. It’s too soon to talk about that. Liverpool still have to finish their PL games and once they’ve wrapped up the season, then we could get a better idea. We’ll talk after the season and after the U20 World Cup, where I've placed a lot of my hopes. I’ve experienced some rough moments and I don’t want to go through them again. I haven’t gotten a lot of chances and I don’t want to go through the same thing again.

Have you already made any contacts with your new team?

- I’ve spoken with the manager, the Scot Paul Lambert, and they’re going to facilitate everything for me at the club. I’ll be joining them on Tuesday and to be honest I’m very eager and looking forward. I want to regain the sensation of playing football.

Norwich are very close to promotion to the PL but they still need a little push…

- I’m going there with all the desire in the world. I’m an attacking player. I’ve been told that a few of their forward players are injured. I’ll arrive there with a lot of ambition.

Do you see yourself in Liverpool next season?

- You notice that all the Spanish influence has been leaving the reds. Changes have been made and you take notice. Liverpool have a philosophy and they’re hiring more English people again. I still have three years left in my contract.

Do you feel ready to make the jump to a front-of-the-line club so to speak?

- I have the confidence. I need to be given the opportunity and then I have to show I’m capable. I hope that I can be present at the U20 World Cup, it would mean a lot to me.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm not sure what to make of his take on the Spanish influences, they seem pretty whingey tbh and it's getting on ma t!ts. I'm glad we're looking to get the British element back into LFC
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:23 pm

don't rate him to be honest. He was awful against Northampton and he's done little else when given a sub role in the team.

Get rid
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:47 pm

I wish he could get a proper chance, but I don't think he will and I don't think Kenny rates him.

sadly he is gone in the summer, we can get around 3 or 4m from him, which would be good business IMO
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 pm

When we have the likes of such dross as Ngog , Poulsen along with the woefully short  Spearing still in the ranks ,I fail to see how anyone can consider getting rid of such a promising young player .I mean ,surely we have other players surplus to requirements who need to go post haste ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:When we have the likes of such dross as Ngog , Poulsen along with the woefully short  Spearing still in the ranks ,I fail to see how anyone can consider getting rid of such a promising young player .I mean ,surely we have other players surplus to requirements who need to go post haste ???

Dross is a bit harsh on NGog mate. Ok he isn't the flairy type Pacheco is but he has bagged a few goals this season and generally has an ok rate when he is playing.

I think Pacheco isn't physically capable of competing at the top level in England. He's got the trickery but that's not enough.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:02 pm

tubby wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:When we have the likes of such dross as Ngog , Poulsen along with the woefully short  Spearing still in the ranks ,I fail to see how anyone can consider getting rid of such a promising young player .I mean ,surely we have other players surplus to requirements who need to go post haste ???

Dross is a bit harsh on NGog mate. Ok he isn't the flairy type Pacheco is but he has bagged a few goals this season and generally has an ok rate when he is playing.

I think Pacheco isn't physically capable of competing at the top level in England. He's got the trickery but that's not enough.

Bav mate Ngog has been given chance after chance ,far more than the inventive Pacheco . I think its time Liverpool bite the bullet and face up to the fact he belongs at an obscure French team and not at a slowly growing in stature  Reds team ...
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm

soon we will know if Pacheco can make it,
if he cant even fare well for Norwich then he wont for LFC, simple.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Octsky wrote:soon we will know if Pacheco can make it,
if he cant even fare well for Norwich then he wont for LFC, simple.

Norwich play some lovely football ,Pacheco should slot straight in to Lambert's attacking philosophy .... Paul Lambert is nobodies fool, if he sees Pacheco as a player to improve his flourishing team ,then he must have something .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:00 pm

i hope he does enough with norwich to earn them promotion and in turn show kk that they are wrong not to give him a chance.
sad really as he will surely move on in the summer now!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:02 pm

I wouldn't mind him staying mate, I think he is decent, but I don't think he is staying.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Im sure the club will be keeping in close contact with Norwich to see how this lad fares and by the looks its a big few weeks for him there. You get the impression he has to really turn it on over there for Lambert or we will look to move him on. No one can wait forever for a player to shine and seeing as hes not fared much I can only assume they are not over impressed with his work. They are testing him so lets see how he handles it.Sometimes these loans can really get a player moving when they see another side to the game at a different club but he needs to up his game to survive a summer cull here I would think.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:53 pm

I must admit I saw him as having a bright future and one of the up and coming young players.
I have been slightly surprised not to see him used more, I would never have expected people wanting to see him leave but it's clear we need to sell some players in order to make way for new one's.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

No doubt he is a talented player but I have doubts about whether he'll make it.

IMO Sterling and Suso offer more than Pacheco.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:19 pm

paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins

RT @26mjw: Pacheco was outstanding. Looked like he'd been playing with us all season. Crucial for first 2 goals.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion