DANNY PACHECO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:52 am

Dalglish wrote:If we let this talent slip through the net I believe we will regret it for years to come. This guy has the potential to be truly top drawer. Lets not allow another quality Spaniard to leave just because the nationality of the players has shifted.

He lit up the U19's championships last summer and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Norwich are a decent footballing club and as the championship enters the closing stages every game is going to be intense and competitive, just what the lad needs at this stage. Why go to Newcastle when effectively their season is over ? ???

Time will tell if he has it in him to become a top player. Sure he is talented, but why hasn't he been given a chance by 3 managers is still a mystery.
Last edited by metalhead on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Dalglish wrote:If we let this talent slip through the net I believe we will regret it for years to come. This guy has the potential to be truly top drawer. Lets not allow another quality Spaniard to leave just because the nationality of the players has shifted.

He lit up the U19's championships last summer and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Norwich are a decent footballing club and as the championship enters the closing stages every game is going to be intense and competitive, just what the lad needs at this stage. Why go to Newcastle when effectively their season is over ? ???

:buttrock
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Speaking to a mate who’s a Canary fan and he was less than complementary of Pacheco.
Apparently he can’t even get into their first 11 and, even when he did start, would be hauled off after 50 odd minutes.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

He's lost something, maybe he once thought it was just a matter of time before he got his chance and hasn't worked hard enough or he was just never as good as we thought he was.  Something has changed with him though and I don't see a future for him at the club for whatever the reason.
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Just got Norwich's 5th. Didn't start, came on about the 70th minute mark I think
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Raoul » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:29 am

Greavesie wrote:Just got Norwich's 5th. Didn't start, came on about the 70th minute mark I think

84th minute.

He isn't getting the sort of minutes you'd hope he'd get...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Just scored again.

Is he gonna come back in the summer? Wouldn't mind him staying at Norwich, at least then we can see if he can cut it in the Premiership.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat May 07, 2011 2:33 pm

tubby wrote:Just scored again.

Is he gonna come back in the summer? Wouldn't mind him staying at Norwich, at least then we can see if he can cut it in the Premiership.

I agree bav, I would say loan him out to Norwich and give him some premiership experience to see if he can handle it.

At least it would give us a bit of an idea
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat May 07, 2011 3:33 pm

He hasnt been starting for them though.

He has done well when he has played but if he is sub more often than not then there's no point in him going there.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:He hasnt been starting for them though.

He has done well when he has played but if he is sub more often than not then there's no point in him going there.

there's no point in him coming back either, if he can't cut it in the lower leagues.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:56 pm

So what now for Dani Pacheco?

I feel a bit sorry for Dani, if Kenny had been in charge a year or two ago i think he would be much more part of the first team squad, just like Flannagan, Robinson and Kelly will be in the coming seasons.
I think his time in the reserves has stunted his progression, but i still think he has a lot to give our current team, and lends himself perfectly as understudy to Suarez, i would also put him in the team ahead of Cole any day of the week (who hasn't settled at Liverpool and has lost any pace that he had when he was younger).

He had a cracking tournemant with Spain last year which underlines his ability, i really hope he can get some game time this season and show exactly what he can do.
When Guadiola was talking about stars in our youth system i think Dani would be counted as one.

It is going to be interesting to see who is bought in the attacking third this close season and if Sterling and Suso leapfrog Pacheco in the pecking order.
I for one hope that he gets his chance this year and if he doen't produce then let him go and try build a career elsewhere.

Be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks about the enigma that is Dani Pacheco!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Redtribe wrote:Be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks about the enigma that is Dani Pacheco!!

I'd just love to now why he is an enigma!

He looked an exciting prospect coming of the bench for Rafa, and we all expected him to develop flourish. So why hasn't he is the question I'd love an answer to.

Did we fail to develop him well? Has he not been given the chances he needed? Does he lack the mental strength to really make it?

Why is manager after manager not picking him when his talent is there for all to see?

That is the enigma I want an answer to!
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:52 pm

I think this lad needs to go home and start over. Its just not worked out for him over here, maybe too much too soon and the English game may not suit him. Fresh start back in his homeland or somewhere where he can get the games and build up his confidence again. Pacheo is like a kid in mans game over here so an easier league where he can express himself and have patience whilst he develops.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Raoul wrote:
Redtribe wrote:Be interesting to hear what everyone else thinks about the enigma that is Dani Pacheco!!

I'd just love to now why he is an enigma!

He looked an exciting prospect coming of the bench for Rafa, and we all expected him to develop flourish. So why hasn't he is the question I'd love an answer to.

Did we fail to develop him well? Has he not been given the chances he needed? Does he lack the mental strength to really make it?

Why is manager after manager not picking him when his talent is there for all to see?

That is the enigma I want an answer to!

An Enigma is something puzzling and mysterious i think Pacheco qualifies as this, we dont get to see enough of him which makes him mysterious and it's puzzling because he has talent!

I'm not saying this is down to him, i personally think circumstances has meant he has not been allowed to kick on. The start of the last season he needed to be involved more but that didn't happen under Hodgson.
I think if Kenny had been in charge he would have got more chances and would have been involved more, I also think if Rafa was still here he would have more game time.

I don't think it's too late for him but he needs chances this season.
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 pm

It's a rainy Saturday here in New Jersey so I've got some time on my hands.  I looked into his appearences for the team.  Starts, Sub appearances, And Unused Sub Apps.

Started Vs Rabotnicki on August 5th
Unused Sub V Trabzonspor
Sub, played final 5 minutes v City in 3-0 loss
Sub, played final 23 mins in 2-1 win v Trabzonspor
Unused sub V West Brom
Unused sub V Birmingham
Sub, played final 5 mins v Steau Bucharest
Started the CC match v Northampton

After the CC debacle Pacheco only made it into the side one more time under Hodgson.  And that was as a sub in the final group match against Utrecht in the Europa League.  He played 34 minutes in the 0-0 draw.  So after the CC crashout on Spetember 22nd, he didn't even make the bench for nearly 3 months.  The Utrecht game was during a stretch where LFC had 4 matches in a 13 day span, on December 15th.

So then Roy is shown the door, and The King returns.  Surely he'll get his chance now right?... Right?

Well King Kenny was a little kinder to Pacheco.  He was nice enough to allow the Spaniard to watch a few matches up close.  Maybe even run around a bit to warm up.

Pacheco Under Kenny

Unused sub V Everton
Unused sub V Wolves
Unused sub V Fulham
Unused sub V Wigan
Unused sub V Sprta Praha ( Both Legs)
Unused sub V Braga

This is three managers now who have had a good look at the lad in training, and some match time, and apparently are unimpressed.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion