JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:12 pm

great lad, but as many have said, his ability isn't up to it. I think he found his level at Bolton and selling for 3 million would be a good deal in my opinion. Otherwise he'll sit in the reserves until his contract runs out.  Sell him and move on
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I thought I would post this again ,because he's' OBVIOUSLY ' got to go .... I mean teams will be laughing enough
at our away strip without putting a fucking Ewok in our midfield.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:19 pm

He struggled with his form during season 11-12 but so did various other players. I don't remember him doing much wrong during the second half of season 10-11. As I recall he was outstanding alongside Lucas. Wasn't it his run into the box that brought the penalty for the first goal against Sunderland?

If he wants to stay and fight for a place I hope the manager keeps him.
friendlyguy33

Postby redno7 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:38 pm

he looks like a bash street kid.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:15 am

I feel horrible for Jay.  He was born and raised a Liverpool fan, puts as much effort as any manager could possibly asks for, and is a true team player.  However, as many have stated, I just don't think he is, or will be good enough to play for Liverpool.  He's had decent performances here and there, but where we want to go we need somebody who can consistently play well enough against the top sides.  We have Lucas, are asking for another DM, so where does that leave Jay? And at 24 years old, he's not very young anymore.  We can't say it's about his potential or what he'll grow into anymore, he has to start showing he's at the level we need him at.

I will always appreciate the type of player and person Spearing is.  I'm sad to see him go, but I feel it's best for everybody if we were to sell him to a championship, or bottom-tier premier league club.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 am

Maybe they could promote him to ball boy, he'd probably see more action that way.

Yes I know, I'm a tw@t.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 am

Reg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:07 pm wrote:Maybe they could promote him to ball boy, he'd probably see more action that way.

Yes I know, I'm a tw@t.  :laugh:

C'mon Reg, That's not fair.

He's way too short to be a ball boy  :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:50 am

to be fair to him he`s done well at bolton, he was their player of the year (voted for by the fans) and the championship is a tough, physical division, the refs let a lot more go in the championship than they do in the prem.
he`s probably found a style of footy and a level that suits him.
since WWII we`ve only won the F.A youth cup 3 times and jay captained us to one of those victories so good luck to the lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Jay's gone to Bolton...... things are looking up.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Played with 100% determination and always gave his best when playing - absolutely loved playing for us and is always going to be a true red. A terrier in the tackle and a tidy passer but easily bullied off the ball because of his size and was just a bit short in quality. Good luck to him - played really well for us alongside Lucas and Gerrard for those 6 months when Kenny first took over.

If everyone had his attitude the club would be fine
Benny The Noon

Postby mramo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:06 am

Best of luck. Didnt particularly like you, but you clearly (like Shelvey) lacked the prerequisite to play the type of football Rodgers intends to play this season.
mramo

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Proof positive that if you work hard you may not be good enough, but you will have the fans respect.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:35 pm

mramo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:06 am wrote:Best of luck. Didnt particularly like you, but you clearly (like Shelvey) lacked the prerequisite to play the type of football Rodgers intends to play this season.

Bit harsh on Shelvey to say he's clearly lacking only to be sold to another side built on a passing and posession game

Jay will be well in the Championship, and good luck to the lad
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion