DANNY WILSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Waldo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:50 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:This is his perfect chance to shine.  If he's as good as people are saying, then maybe he'll take Carragher's place for good.

Wouldn't go as far to say he will take over from Carra as of tomorrow but we will certainly get a chance to have a proper look at him and Kelly (in his favoured position) so something to look forward too.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 pm

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Thought the Kid was the proverbial lamb to the slaughter earlier ,he was left with no cover whatsoever from the wings and should have been protected far more ... However ,I love the way this lad loves to get on the ball and play it ,for me personally his distribution is up there with Agger's ,although I think his future is in the centre of our defence .... I cant believe how some are making him the scapegoat for that performance when Carragher and Skrtel were equally if not more culpable .... I personally thought Soto should have been played earlier, he would have given us that bit of steel at the back
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:.... I cant believe how some are making him the scapegoat for that performance when Carragher and Skrtel were equally if not more culpable ....

Agree with your entire post.  But the bit I quoted I agree with most.  Carra did very poorly in allowing the cross and Skrtel was ball watching, not saying Wilson didn't play a role in allowing the 2nd goal, he did, but he was being crucified in match thread.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:46 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I cant believe how some are making him the scapegoat for that performance when Carragher and Skrtel were equally if not more culpable ....

Could it be his error just before half time that gave them their 2nd goal?

But no he was not the reason we lost the game.

Bit of an education for the kid today wasn't it. Playing him with three at the back sounded like a great idea I thought, give him some experience alongside Carra and Skrtel, but once Kelly went off injured that idea went out the window and really put him on the spot.

He'll learn from it I'm sure.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Thought the Kid was the proverbial lamb to the slaughter earlier ,he was left with no cover whatsoever from the wings and should have been protected far more ... However ,I love the way this lad loves to get on the ball and play it ,for me personally his distribution is up there with Agger's ,although I think his future is in the centre of our defence .... I cant believe how some are making him the scapegoat for that performance when Carragher and Skrtel were equally if not more culpable .... I personally thought Soto should have been played earlier, he would have given us that bit of steel at the back

It doesn't matter if he didn't get any cover, or he should get protected more. School boy errors are not down to the wings not ''protecting'' him its down to the player himself. Wilson is not ready for first team football, he showed it today, he shouldn't have left his marker for the 2nd goal and he made some mistakes. However, that doesn't make him a cr@p player, it just means that he is inexperienced and not ready yet. I agree about your CB argument, I said it before that he isn't a full back, he doesn't have the intelligence for it and he doesn't go forward as much.

He will learn from this game, hopefully
Last edited by metalhead on Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:50 pm

i dont think hes quite ready yet for first team football, didnt rate him today at all, id give him some sub appearances here and there for a wile yet, shud b good for the future tho
brentd4

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 pm

I thought he had his moments where he did very well but at the same time he's not sure of himself right now and you can tell, he isn't sure whether he should move up the pitch or not and what to do when he is in that final third.
Zidane

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:34 am

metalhead wrote:It doesn't matter if he didn't get any cover, or he should get protected more. School boy errors are not down to the wings not ''protecting'' him its down to the player himself. Wilson is not ready for first team football, he showed it today, he shouldn't have left his marker for the 2nd goal and he made some mistakes. However, that doesn't make him a cr@p player, it just means that he is inexperienced and not ready yet. I agree about your CB argument, I said it before that he isn't a full back, he doesn't have the intelligence for it and he doesn't go forward as much.

He will learn from this game, hopefully

I don't agree ,Wilson is an extremely intelligent defender and  this maybe the reason he struggled  earlier ,when some defenders just put the ball out of harms way and clear the danger by just hoofing the ball up field ,well Wilson prefers to create a counter attack from the subsequent clearing . I think the Kid will adjust the more games he plays ,although it probably wasn't a good idea moving him up to the level and pace of the Prem just yet ..
The Europa Cup was a safe way to integrate the Kid ,but its not as frenetic as the Premiership .....he has all the makings of a quality defender just needs the time to adapt ,but I have a feeling that will happen quickly with this Lad
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Thats what I agree about RedBeer, he isn't ready yet, give him a year or 2, maybe loan him out to a premiership club.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

He got a bit of a hard time in the match thread because he had a really poor game. I wouldn't say he's been made a scapegoat but West Ham went after him all game. I don't like to make calls too early on players but in this case I have. I don't think he will make it. He looks like a ball player which is great but I don't think he has the physical attributes to be a top Premiership defender. I don't think he is strong enough in the air to be a top level  defender and this isn't something he can improve dramatically unless he suddenly gets taller. And whilst he isn't slow, he isn't particularly quick either and again this is not something that is going to change.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:02 pm

reminds me too much of agger

i want some big beefy centre backs firstly
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:04 pm

On loan to Blackpool for the rest of the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:09 pm

good move for him, almost forgot that he plays for us :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 pm

Seems a bit of a forgotten man Danny Wilson.

Showed some real potential as a kid at Rangers, but apart from a few showings out of position at left back he's never really had a chance here.

The last post above was from last year's January window when he was loaned to Blackpool.  Since then he's also had a spell on loan at Bristol City and a couple of days ago the club announced he was off to Hearts on loan for the reat of the season.

This kid was in the full Scotland squad as a teenager.  Not sure what's happened to him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion