JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Probably doesnt want to leave Liverpool and is under contract so only thing he would agree
too is a short term loan.

Its ok wanting shut of players but when they are on good contracts and their families are
settled they are within their rights to do whats best for them not the football club.

Its the same with Adam, settled in the area and recently married, he will not move unless
a top north west club makes a bid, otherwise he will stay on here and see out his contract.

I dont blame the players its the managers that gave such ordinary footballers long term
and lucrative contracts thats the problem.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby celtic-red! » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Roger Red Hat » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:28 pm wrote:he's like a sticky bogie this Spearing fella.  Why can't we just get shut of him? Why loan him out...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8034391/Spearing-agrees-Bolton-loan

whats the point? he's cack.

probably because bolton couldnt meet the £3m fee required and Jay wasnt interested in any of the other offers.

loan deal best we could do!
celtic-red!
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am

Just completed signing a season long loan at Bolton apparently he sees his future at LFC, must be the only one who does
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:51 am

[quote="Boocity » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:43 am"][/quote]

very true
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:12 pm

That ugly fkg cu.nt Allardyce has been spouting this morning that there were several clubs interested in Andy Carroll. Well to be frank I'd like to know who the fk they are and please don't mention that bunch of jordie jokers who clearly don't think that much of Carroll if £12m was their best offer !! Spearing falls in the same category, no other teams are really interested and we have had to settle for the best loan deal we could find. Trouble with Spearing is that we won't save much in wages because he isn't on a massive contract. Franky I just think that Brendan wanted to see the back of the likes of Adam, Carroll and Spearing anyway he could. Downing and possibly Henderson will be shipped out in the summer unless they really start to play some decent football.As for Cole and his £90k a week I just fkg despair. Everton shop in the basement and over the years buy players like Cahill,Lescott,Arteta and Jelavic who cost labour £16m for the lot of them which is considerably less than we paid for that utter waste of space Downnig! Ffs somebody needs a good kicking for the money we have wasted over the past few years.
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm

[quote="devaney » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am"][/quote]
True. I don't know what future Spearing sees for himself at Liverpool. He's Championship material.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:18 pm

It's good that Jay Spearing wants to succeed here and is showing determination to be a success here, but in reality he's just not good enough. The fact we've loaned in Nuri Sahin and signed Joe Allen and loaned him out to Bolton should tell Jay everything he needs to know about his future at the club. I hope he's a success at Bolton and I hope they sign him permanently next season.
Boxscarf

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:22 pm

[quote="Boxscarf » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:18 pm"][/quote]

I would agree to this too. I can't blame him for making all the right noises, especially as he is young and likely to eat up anything that LFC are telling him at the moment. If he suddenly blossoms, they'll be more than happy to bring him back. I tend to see these things personally. Imagine yourself in his position and how gutted you'd be feeling.
Homebooby

Postby Pig Catcher » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Spearing was named player of the year for Bolton earlier this week. That’s exactly what you want players to do when you send them out on loan to lower league clubs. I’m sure he’d love to stay at Liverpool but more than likely he’ll move on in the summer for a few million.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:22 pm

The rumor is that 2 bids were received yesterday (1 for Shelvey) and the other for Jay, should we be looking to get around 3 million for Spearing?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Gerrard: "I  didn't think we would see Jay again boss"
Rodgers : "I know ,I was just in the garden this morning cutting my privets and there he was" 
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:11 pm

if we delete this thread will he somehow vanish with it ?.

i think stevie is telling rodgers that he looks great in that jacket!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 pm

I will never understand the stuff Spearing gets - everytime he played he did it with his heart on his sleeve and never ever stopped trying - he played with his heart and never have anything less than 100% - his attitude and passion is something that both Bill and Bob would have loved. He played in the middle alongside Lucas with Gerrard in front of them during that period when Kenny took over and played very well.
Benny The Noon

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm

It's simple Benny, he just ain't good enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:20 pm

I like a player that gives his all, which he does, but not good enough imo.

Can't compete aerially for anything (which is fairly crucial in the hustle and bustle of Premier league games), makes bad mistakes and offers nothing in the opposition half.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion