DANNY PACHECO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Dundalk wrote:paul_tomkins Paul Tomkins

RT @26mjw: Pacheco was outstanding. Looked like he'd been playing with us all season. Crucial for first 2 goals.

It doesn't tell us anything does it?

he is playing at his level and its benefiting the player, but will he make it at a top club?

time will tell
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Surely, MH, if he was playing at his level, he'd be average or thereabouts.  Outstanding (and we have to take this with a pinch of salt) suggests he could do a job at a higher level.  You're right, though.  Time will tell.

ps  Pound to a penny says he wasn't stuck out wide for Norwich.
mrt

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:02 pm

TBH I dunno what we will find out from him playing there. Ok it's a higher level than the ressies but he should really be playing for one of the relegation or mid table sides in the premiership. Only then can we tell if he is actually cut out for the top flight in England.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

from the match reports it sounds like dani had a cracker of a debut and fair play to him.
the standard in the championship isnt as bad as a lot make out.its faster than most countrys top flight and its physical.some real good matches to be watched in that league.
im not going to say pacheco will rip it up for the remainder of norwichs season as he'll prob have one or two games he might struggle in but i'd much rather see him getting game time with us rather than on loan.i still fail to see how we could play any worse having him in the side.anyway if he can cut it in the championship then i dont see why he couldnt do it in the prem after all andy carroll was the 6th highest scorer in that league last year and now he's the most expensive english striker to date.
i hope to see him return in the summer and be a squad player next season or else we will never know!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:55 am

mrt wrote:Surely, MH, if he was playing at his level, he'd be average or thereabouts.  Outstanding (and we have to take this with a pinch of salt) suggests he could do a job at a higher level.  You're right, though.  Time will tell.

If he looked outstanding and the stand out player for a premiership team then that would be a different scenario.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:56 am

He see's the spanish influence dwindling and i think he wants out.

The emergence of suso and sterling has also dented hjs chances in the first team also. Although they havent been in the team yet, their potential is greater than pachecos.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:52 am

Pachecho was actually Norwich's second choice to bring in. They wanted the league 1 top scorer Craig Michael-Smith from Peterborough but he did not want to go.

That said I think the lad is going to do very well there.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:23 pm

The Pacheco footage from yesterdays game.

http://www.footylounge.com/films....a4.html
TarnRed

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:32 pm

tubby wrote:TBH I dunno what we will find out from him playing there. Ok it's a higher level than the ressies but he should really be playing for one of the relegation or mid table sides in the premiership. Only then can we tell if he is actually cut out for the top flight in England.

Ya I agree. Newcastle didn't have a striker, why couldn't we have shipped him there?  They have a decent enough club and he would get much better experience.  If he was Sh!t then we ship him off.  If he showed the potential we thought he had, then we know we have a player to develop.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:39 pm

TarnRed wrote:The Pacheco footage from yesterdays game.

Wow.. he looked fantastic... Assisted the first goal, basically assisted the second goal because the guy was brought down.  Could have had 4 or 5 assists with the through balls he was sending everywhere.  He looked really good.  Reminded me of the way Suarez plays with some of his runs and movement.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:42 pm

great movement and pass for the first goal.

lets hope he does really well with Norwich
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:55 pm

metalhead wrote:
mrt wrote:Surely, MH, if he was playing at his level, he'd be average or thereabouts.  Outstanding (and we have to take this with a pinch of salt) suggests he could do a job at a higher level.  You're right, though.  Time will tell.

If he looked outstanding and the stand out player for a premiership team then that would be a different scenario.

You'd agree, though, that it's harder for him to show his full potential when stuck out wide, where we've mostly seen him in the first team.  The signing of Suarez will, further, limit his opportunities to play second striker.
mrt

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Daniel Pacheco enjoyed a debut to remember as he helped Norwich City to a 6-0 thumping of Scunthorpe United on Saturday.

The Spanish starlet delighted the crowd playing in his favoured role just behind the striker, and featured for 71 minutes.

Pacheco was a constant threat throughout and set up the opening two goals.

First he cut back a cross for Grant Holt to net the opener, and then his defence splitting pass led to a penalty that was converted by Holt.

Holt and Simeon Jackson both grabbed hat-tricks, and Canaries boss Paul Lambert was delighted with the debut of Pacheco.

Lambert told the Eastern Daily Press:"I thought his debut was as good as I've seen.

"I thought he was brilliant, he lifted the crowd and he was fantastic."

..........................................................................................

Norwich could more then hold there own in the Premiership, kinda in the way the Blackpools of the league do. So to put in a star performance in your first ever start (also in his preferred position) at such a tender age says alot about the lad. Could you honestly see maxi playing well even in the championship? Hope he continues to play well and at the very least if he has to leave (which in MHO would be a ridiculous decision) he will command a good fee.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

ethanr wrote:

Wow.. he looked fantastic... Assisted the first goal, basically assisted the second goal because the guy was brought down.  Could have had 4 or 5 assists with the through balls he was sending everywhere.  He looked really good.  Reminded me of the way Suarez plays with some of his runs and movement.

He reminds me of Nick Barmby with his clever throughballs. I wouldnt mind us buy a player in the summer like sanchez or Young and having one of them with Suarez and Pacheco behind Carroll, all interchanging.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:24 pm

If we let this talent slip through the net I believe we will regret it for years to come. This guy has the potential to be truly top drawer. Lets not allow another quality Spaniard to leave just because the nationality of the players has shifted.

He lit up the U19's championships last summer and was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Norwich are a decent footballing club and as the championship enters the closing stages every game is going to be intense and competitive, just what the lad needs at this stage. Why go to Newcastle when effectively their season is over ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion