CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 10/02/08 - 4pm - Build up + Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:16 am

RedBlood wrote:i dont agree its a formation that suggests were scared of them

considering the form of both teams and where the game is being played, it might be a case of Hubris to think other wise
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:27 am

JoeTerp wrote:
RedBlood wrote:i dont agree its a formation that suggests were scared of them

considering the form of both teams and where the game is being played, it might be a case of Hubris to think other wise

forgive me but what is hubris

loool im stupid sorry
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:29 am

exaggerated pride or self-confidence     normally to the point of self-destruction
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:37 am

JoeTerp wrote:exaggerated pride or self-confidence     normally to the point of self-destruction

you learn something new everyday  :D

but i feel we can beat them with this team

reina

finnan  skrtel    hyppia   carraghar

gerrard  mascherano  alonso  benyoun

torres   crouch

itanjie
auerillo
lucas
babel
pennant
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:37 am

eh..............1-0 to chelsea with joe cole getting the winner  :angry:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:47 am

I'm going for a one nil win for us.

I think Rafa should play the same team as he did Saturady, apart from moving Carra back central with Hyypia bring Finnan back in and oh Riise in for Aurelio.

Reina
                  Finnan    Hyypia    Carra   Riise

Pennant  Gerrard Mascha  Lucas

Crouch Torres

I like the idea of having Lucas on th left, he could make that spot his own. Heard many people bemoan about Rafa playing him there but its better he be there than Gerrard or Benayoun who I think is a little weak in the tackle and doesnt have the instincts defensively.

I'd give Lucas the 'Gerrard license' free to roam. I think he did okay there against Sunderland, but if he's given the time he could become a key player in that role. I think with him floating around out on the left and inbetween Chelseas midfield and defence they might find it harder to pick up Gerrard providing hes going to show up. Its these kind of fixtures IMO that Gerrard tends to go missing in, whether it be at Old Trafford, emirates or the Bridge, it looks as though mentally Gerrard doesnt have the balls to turn on as opposed to when he's infront of the KOP.

With Lucas roaming and Riise pushing up, the Brazillian should have adequate cover too In Mascha, the little Argie has got some electrifing pace and can cover alot of ground in a short amount of time. But Lucas has got to be disciplined and must hold position at times, Riise will need an outlet, although the Norwegein does love to pump it long anyway, Lucas must give him the option and we must keep shape especially when Chelsea are in possesion.

Crouch has to start its a no brainer, with two strikers who can ac tually score we'll pose more of a threat in the final third. Plus Crouch can hold it up much better than Kuyt, and will look to knock it on for Torres. I hope Pennant has a similar if not better game than against Sunderland I thought he  did okay and will give Ashley cole or whoever enough to think about with his jinky little runs, hopefully Pennant can keep their fullback on the back foot.

But make no mistake all eleven players are going to have to perform if they want three points, and its about time we did take something from this fixture.
66-1112520797

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 am

RedBlood wrote:reina

finnan  skrtel    hyppia   carraghar

gerrard  mascherano  alonso  benyoun

torres   crouch

when the same back 4 played last week, Rafa opted for Carra on the right and finnan on the left which I agree with.  It might sound strange because finnan is the more natual RB but I think Carra is better at RB than LB and Finnan isn't loosing a lot playing on the left

Also not sure if Skrtel is ready for this fixture.  Riise might be having not so hot a season but I would trust him in a big game at LB to play solid and he scored against Chelsea last year in the Charity Shield
JoeTerp

Postby Thewaykokid » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:05 am

I feel that if we win this, and although a very extreme longshot, i reckon we could get third spot :blues:
Last edited by Thewaykokid on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby RedRoots » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:35 am

Bamaga man wrote:I'm going for a one nil win for us.

I think Rafa should play the same team as he did Saturady, apart from moving Carra back central with Hyypia bring Finnan back in and oh Riise in for Aurelio.

Reina

Crouch Torres

I like the idea of having Lucas on th left, he could make that spot his own. Heard many people bemoan about Rafa playing him there but its better he be there than Gerrard or Benayoun who I think is a little weak in the tackle and doesnt have the instincts defensively.

I'd give Lucas the 'Gerrard license' free to roam. I think he did okay there against Sunderland, but if he's given the time he could become a key player in that role. I think with him floating around out on the left and inbetween Chelseas midfield and defence they might find it harder to pick up Gerrard providing hes going to show up. Its these kind of fixtures IMO that Gerrard tends to go missing in, whether it be at Old Trafford, emirates or the Bridge, it looks as though mentally Gerrard doesnt have the balls to turn on as opposed to when he's infront of the KOP.

With Lucas roaming and Riise pushing up, the Brazillian should have adequate cover too In Mascha, the little Argie has got some electrifing pace and can cover alot of ground in a short amount of time. But Lucas has got to be disciplined and must hold position at times, Riise will need an outlet, although the Norwegein does love to pump it long anyway, Lucas must give him the option and we must keep shape especially when Chelsea are in possesion.

Crouch has to start its a no brainer, with two strikers who can ac tually score we'll pose more of a threat in the final third. Plus Crouch can hold it up much better than Kuyt, and will look to knock it on for Torres. I hope Pennant has a similar if not better game than against Sunderland I thought he  did okay and will give Ashley cole or whoever enough to think about with his jinky little runs, hopefully Pennant can keep their fullback on the back foot.

But make no mistake all eleven players are going to have to perform if they want three points, and its about time we did take something from this fixture.

Lucas was awful in that role against Sunderland, are you mad?
RedRoots

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:46 am

FWIW.........

Reina
   Finnan   Carra   Hyppia   Riise   
   Pennant  Gerrard  Mash  Benayoun
             Crouch        Torres

Don't think we will win though....a draw will be an awesome result.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 am

RedRoots wrote:

Reina

Crouch Torres

I wouldnt say he was awful, and to be frank he was no worse than Harry Kewell there, or Babel for that matter. Maybe Benayoun would have more of a goal threat than Lucas, but as a midfielder Lucas is more complete, he'll track back, tackle and play the ball. He was known in Brazil to score a few too, so no I dont think I'm mad, not yet anyway. We've tried numerous players out there none of them have warranted the role as "their wn". Lucas has only had ONE game their and I think he can adapt to that role, he appears an intelligent player and has good footballing abilities.

Like I said I'd try him again and persist with him their and give him the license to roam.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 am

Bamaga man wrote:
RedRoots wrote:

Reina

Crouch Torres

I wouldnt say he was awful, and to be frank he was no worse than Harry Kewell there, or Babel for that matter. Maybe Benayoun would have more of a goal threat than Lucas, but as a midfielder Lucas is more complete, he'll track back, tackle and play the ball. He was known in Brazil to score a few too, so no I dont think I'm mad, not yet anyway. We've tried numerous players out there none of them have warranted the role as "their wn". Lucas has only had ONE game their and I think he can adapt to that role, he appears an intelligent player and has good footballing abilities.

Like I said I'd try him again and persist with him their and give him the license to roam.

Lucas is gonna end up like cisse if he is played on the left.....(if he is played on the right..i might understand...but left ???)
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:15 am

i can c what rafa is thinking playin lucas on the left but 4 me a left winger should get 2 the by-line & cross it & we simple havent got 1 (kewell has let me don big time)

thats why my team would be

Reina

finnan          carragher                hyypia               insua

gerrard         mascherano          alonso                pennant

crouch              torres

subs:

lucas babel skretel kuyt aureilo

oh & 4 the eagle eyed among u who r wonderin why ive picked 2 teams its coz im a twin

:blues:  im paul the 1 who always puts this cool dude symbol down...becoz im cool.............obviously
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:17 am

if we manage to win this game, our confidence wil be sky high, and would surely send us on good run.
Just what we need coming up to the away games against ManU & Arsenal next month.

If we get 4 points from Chelsea, Man U & Arsenal, I will be happy.
If we get 0, imo Rafa will have failed miserably and a change will definitely be needed.

This game will be Rafa's Statement of Intent to prove to everyone that he IS the man. If he is to right the wrongs, this match is the perfect antidote.

We have to be able to beat the top 3, home or away. If the top 3 can come to Anfield and expect to win, lets do what they do.

Come on Liverpool, stuff these spoilt little Bast*rds!!!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:33 am

RedBlood wrote:i can c what rafa is thinking playin lucas on the left but 4 me a left winger should get 2 the by-line & cross it & we simple havent got 1 (kewell has let me don big time)

thats why my team would be

Reina

finnan          carragher                hyypia               insua

gerrard         mascherano          alonso                pennant

crouch              torres

subs:

lucas babel skretel kuyt aureilo

oh & 4 the eagle eyed among u who r wonderin why ive picked 2 teams its coz im a twin

:blues:  im paul the 1 who always puts this cool dude symbol down...becoz im cool.............obviously

Pennant wouldnt get to the byline on the left, he'd make in roads and come back on his right foot.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion