Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I've got to say, this Ben Smith fella from BBC is the most reliable journo on twitter, gets most of it spot on!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 30, 2012 7:12 pm

so is he going to bring anyone with him?

Joe Allen and Leon Britton had a good understanding in the middle of the park and we could do with bolstering that - personally I don't think both are the answer but Joe Allen looks a good player and at 22 has a good career ahead of him

Nathan Dyer had a good season down the wings and looks a nippy little player

Scott Sinclair is tidy and would add some depth

Will he try to lure Sigursson to us?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby burjennio » Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Talksh*te are reporting that the confIrmation of Brendan Rodgers as new Liverpool manager is IMMINENT.
burjennio

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 pm

LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm wrote:It's a shame the treatment he's getting already but it's hardly a surprise given it's not the first time we've seen a manager completely written off before he's had a fair chance to prove himself. The irony of course is that had these naysayers got their way back when Rafa was under consideration for the Valencia job, he'd not have got the job and probably wouldn't have ended up at Liverpool. And yet it's supposedly inconceivable that we could have success with a manager who hasn't already won trophies. Ridiculous.

Well said.

I love the way FSG have been lambasted on here and other sites by fans for not giving Kenny time and then before the new guy is even confirmed by the club as the new manager he's already being written off.

The words POT  BLACK &  KETTLE spring to mind.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm

the pros

1. hes up and coming so will be hungry to do really well, unlike us appointing a capello, van ghall, ranieri, rafa.....its risky and daring, which i like
2. his philosophy of passing footie
3. he likes speedy wingers, fans love speedy wingers
4. getting swansea to 11th is an amazing finish without spending anything, while playing footie like barcelona at times, give him slightly better players than swansea (like we have) and who knows what he can do
5. managers like shanks, paisley, fergason, moyes etc were hardley massive managers when they joined the clubs that made them famous, so it can be done certainly

the cons

1. his transfer network is probaly poor
2. no experience of playing in europe
3. no experience of managing players with bigger egos
4. he has nothing to lose really, if he flops hell easily get a decent job again, because of what he did at swansea, and we all know liverpool is a hard job these days cause of the expectations

add to the pros and cons please? :D
Last edited by LittleHobo on Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 pm

shocking the amount of liverpool fans on twitter not happy with him as manager and are still saying they will carry on with the call to bring Rafa back to the club.....bet they are the ones that put the website up.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm

LittleHobo » Wed May 30, 2012 7:16 pm wrote:the pros

1. hes up and coming so will be hungry to do really well, unlike us appointing a capello, van ghall, ranieri, rafa.....its risky and daring, which i like
2. his philosophy of passing footie
3. he likes speedy wingers, fans love speedy wingers
4. getting swansea to 11th is an amazing finish without spending anything, while playing footie like barcelona at times, give him slightly better players than swansea (like we have) and who knows what he can do

the cons

1. his transfer network is probaly poor
2. no experience of playing in europe
3. no experience of managing players with bigger egos
4. he has nothing to lose really, if he flops hell easily get a decent job again, because of what he did at swansea, and we all know liverpool is a hard job these days cause of the expectations

add to the pros and cons please? :D

pro, new ideas on how we can move on as a club

cons.
the owners might not give hm the money to buy players as they have picked a manager with only a small profile.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed May 30, 2012 7:20 pm

I think you'll be surprised by his scouting knowledge. He has spent considerable time on the continent networking.
burjennio

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Welcome to Liverpool Brendan.

His methods in the game are current and up to date (unlike under past regime). There have been countless plaudits for the way he sets his teams up to play, there have been endless comparisons to the similar style of football that Barcelona play.

All this negitivity is p!ssing me off, Back us, support us or P!ss off. Stop all the doom and gloom and look forward to exciting times ahead, not to what has happened since 2008.

He also installs MASSIVE confidence in players ability. We may see Henderson, Downing and Carroll shine next season? who knows!

Looking forward to passing teams into submission.

YNWA  :buttrock
Last edited by Kopite-Jud on Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kopite-Jud

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

metalhead » Wed May 30, 2012 7:06 pm wrote:I've got to say, this Ben Smith fella from BBC is the most reliable journo on twitter, gets most of it spot on!

if ben says its true it is true.
i dont think he has ever got a report wrong for the bbc yet.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 30, 2012 7:23 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:shocking the amount of liverpool fans on twitter not happy with him as manager and are still saying they will carry on with the call to bring Rafa back to the club.....bet they are the ones that put the website up.

***** disgrace. They might as well own the club.

Get behind the new manager FFS, I don't give a f*ck about 'I told you so's' if it doesnt work out. Supporting LFC always comes first

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LittleHobo » Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Really thinking about it at the state we are currently in i think its a good appointment

avb and rafa would bring dull footie to liverpool

as for guardiola, who knows if he could do it with limited resources and average players

and i really dont think capello has the heart anymore to really do well anywhere, hes done it all already!!
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Kopite-Jud » Wed May 30, 2012 7:21 pm wrote:Welcome to Liverpool Brendan.

His methods in the game are current and up to date (unlike under past regime). There have been countless plaudits for the way he sets his teams up to play, there have been endless comparisons to the similar style of football that Barcelona play.

All this negitivity is p!ssing me off, Back us, support us or P!ss off. Stop all the doom and gloom and look forward to exciting times ahead, not to what has happened since 2008.

Looking forward to passing teams into submission.

YNWA  :buttrock

Exactly, this is what I want to read  :buttrock  :buttrock

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

It's amazing how quickly managers can get up the ladder nowadays though I think that Brendan Rodgers is very capable and will take Liverpool forward once he transmits his ideas and thoughts over to the players.

I'm happy with this appointment and look forward to seeing who the new manager will be looking to sign in the next few weeks or so in order that we can go onto better things next season.
friendlyguy33

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:25 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:18 pm wrote:shocking the amount of liverpool fans on twitter not happy with him as manager and are still saying they will carry on with the call to bring Rafa back to the club.....bet they are the ones that put the website up.

The $KY generation.  :glare:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion